DameKoi error

VirginSmasher

Hmm... Well, if all else fails, you could always use an xp emulator... Damekoi is from way back around the time Vista was at its height, so there is a possibility won't work at all on 8 or 10...  I never got around to trying it, so I honestly don't know if it will work on 7.  It is one of my primary backlog (rainy day, need something interesting to play desperately) items, so I might drag it out and try to set it up myself later...

5 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

well it seems it's not compatible with win 10 then since that error is giving you is really vague and the game runs fine on win 7 is probably the case-

I tried running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. It didn't work. It may just not work on Windows 10 like you said :vinty:

12 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Was there ever such a time? all in all it was almost popular opinion that i sucked horribly bad besides all it's other issues

It was still better than 8 by a mile... though it definitely had issues.  XP or 7 are the easiest to use/most stable Windows versions and even they had their problems.  I say 'at its height', but I really mean before 7 and as XP was no longer being offered as a default OS for any PC (though you could still get it tacked on for extra at a lot of places). 

Edit: Also, I went straight from ME to Vista, and it was a massive improvement... by comparison.  8 is even worse than ME in my opinion... and that's saying a lot.

Just now, Clephas said:

It was still better than 8 by a mile... though it definitely had issues.  XP or 7 are the easiest to use/most stable Windows versions and even they had their problems.  I say 'at its height', but I really mean before 7 and as XP was no longer being offered as a default OS for any PC (though you could still get it tacked on for extra at a lot of places). 

I've been through most windows in my time, had xp then vista, 7 , 8, 8.1 and now 10...thus far my worst experience goes to Vista but that might just be my case..technically or in paper it might be better than 8 and 8.1 but my experience with vista was horrendous...all kinds of crashes and was a memory hog also heavy as bricks

When I use an OS I use it for years and years, so far the best one imo is 7, xp was good but 7 is much more easier to configure and use also is much more stable, specially if we are talking about network stuff or installing drivers in general, for example putting 2 pcs in the same network on xp (and sharing folders, internet, a printer pretty much basic stuff) was a pain in the ass on win 7 you just plug the rj45 cable on both pcs and that's pretty much it, I barely see any BSOD, I had like 2 since I started using it (5 years now?) and I changed my rig a lot of times, that's is something I cannot say while I was using xp, and yes vista was crap I installed it and couldnt use it for more than 1 month I went back to xp.

8 is crap too, microsoft wants to force you on using an OS oriented on tables but I use a computer not a tablet or smartphone... so fuck that OS. I never tried 10 and probably wont in a while.

I have multiple pcs and laptops, so I have 10 set up on one, xp on another, and 7 on the rest... The XP I only use for work and playing old VNs with no internet access (I removed the internet card as part of my contract with certain clients).  To be honest, 10 is fine for modern gaming and modern VNs, but it absolutely sucks for old VNS...  I think you are going to have to resort to using a virtualpc with 7 or earlier installed.

well virtual box works on win 10 (or so it says) that could be an easy solution https://www.virtualbox.org/ it works great on win 7 and I use it for those pesky vns that need xp

oh i forgot, if you have 8 or 10 installed first on a pc you will have a hard time installing 7 or xp to make a dual boot (yay for UEFI lol)