Shoujo City 3D (alpha release)

Laika Karou

oXLMl8V.png

A few recent additions (versions 1.6.11 - 1.6.13):
* A new location (gym) and a new dating spot;
* Improved idle character animation during dating scenes;
* More squirrel interactions: now they will fall from heads on "angry" reaction. Also you can trigger a new dialogue from a girl by touching her squirrel;
* A new cosplay item - bunny ears;
* After completing the game (with any score) you'll get a prize - cat ears, fox ears, or bunny ears. These items now will stay in your inventory on restart and can be used in next game. Cat ears and fox ears can be also won in the crane machine;
* Both girls now appear only in separate areas, marked on the map, which makes finding them easier;
* All the intimacy score changes are explicitly shown with pop-up messages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LR7Gg0a.png

I'm currently adding various accessory items. Recent items: bear hairpin, pink bow, green bow, double bow, fancy bow. All of them can be obtained from gashapon capsules, which can be bought from gashapon machines or obtained as a prize after completing the game.

If anybody has suggestions for other accessories to add, feel free to post your ideas.

k2kEFDR.png

Recent updates:
* a new feature - hotel room (you can go to bed here and proceed to next day);
* high scores now can be checked in the hotel room (instead of main menu);
* depending on the current love interest, you will have a portrait of your favorite girl above the bed in your room;
* a new feature - item request. While walking around the city with a girl, she may occasionally ask for a snack (additional intimacy bonus if you get her that snack);
* talking to the fortune teller is now free (limited to one conversation per day);
* more tips by the fortune teller;
* a new accessory item - maid headband (can be obtained from gashapon capsules).

• 2 weeks later...

tFKW0Gi.png

Recent updates (up to version 1.7.13):
* update of the dinner feature: now all food is drawn with images instead of just text. Likes and dislikes of each girl are now taken into account and will affect the score you get after a dinner - make sure you order only the the food your girl likes. Game cafes are renamed.
* new accessory items - panda hairpin, flower hairpin, choker;
* the girls will now correctly turn towards you when you ask them out or talk to them;
* a new location - school 1st floor (more locations in school will be unlocked later);
* a new feature - item quests. By completing item quests you can obtain rare accessory items. Talk to the schoolgirl in the school, and to neko girl in the sushi cafe.

A new gameplay video introducing currently available girls.

Also, I finally got my hands on a Mac Mini and started working on the iOS version of the game. It may take quite a while as yet before the iOS version is finally released, but at least I made the first steps.

nivg5Sc.png

New updates:
* a second ufo catcher machine with cat pillows;
* new locations in the school - second floor, rooftop;
* a new dating spot at the school rooftop;
* use of accessory items now affects the final intimacy score;
* a new accessory item - bell choker (can be obtained through a quest).

For starters, it's called "Shoujo city" and it hasn't anything to do with shoujo as a genre. So...

Of course, "Shoujo" means "young woman", but when I played there was only like 4 girls available and like Nosebleed said, I didn't even get to talk and date them so...

Like he said, nice idea but needs a lot of work.

An important update in version 1.7.20 - now the game can be saved any time through your in-game phone, and you can continue later to play from that point. Now you won't have to lose your progress if you have only a few minutes to play. This update is already available for Android, and iOS version should be updated tomorrow (hopefully).

Just now, Okarin said:

Like he said, nice idea but needs a lot of work.

If you have some specific suggestions, go ahead and post your comments on what you think should be added or changed. I'm always looking for new comments and ideas. ^^

On May 26, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Laika Karou said:

I am planning to release it for iOS at some point in the future. Can't say right now when exactly this will happen, though.

Oh that's great to hear!:sacchan: I will be keeping up with the updates~

When I played, I didn't really fathom the real way the game works, so you could consider making a tutorial or an in-game help. When I played, I didn't see anything like that, at least. I received instructions, but those should be easily accessible at any time and explained as clearly as possible.

38 minutes ago, Okarin said:

When I played, I didn't really fathom the real way the game works, so you could consider making a tutorial or an in-game help. When I played, I didn't see anything like that, at least. I received instructions, but those should be easily accessible at any time and explained as clearly as possible.

There is a tutorial in game phone, and it flashes "new" message non-stop until it's opened and read. I thought it would be enough for everybody to notice it.

Or you mean there should be something like an interactive tutorial showing with arrows and pop-up messages where to go and what to do next?

I'll have to check that tutorial, I saw it (I remember now) but for some reason I ignored it, forgot about it and tried to figure out the game by myself, no luck. 

Also seems I was using an old version, now the game seems to have a lot more content.