Doom 4

InvertMouse

The original Doom is an important game from my childhood and I have been pumped for this upcoming reboot ever since I saw that gameplay footage at E3 last year. I picked up a recent GameInformer issue because I saw it had a 12 page feature on the game. The read made me feel like a kid again. I skimmed the article, then read it again thoroughly, and I went through the online materials they had as well:

http://gameinformer.com/doom

Proof that I love the original Doom :P:

I know Doom 3 was a bit questionable but I am really excited for this one. Anyone else looking forward to the release :)?

Big fan a doom here, I played doom, duke nukem, blood, unreal, quake 2, shadow warrior and wolfenstein 3d when I was 6-7 years old :P I still play them from time to time. 

I don't know but doom 3 (or quake 4) wasnt bad for me, at least it wasn't a corridor shooter like many of the fps this days are...and it was fast paced and the weapons felt good when you shot them, yeah the flashlight thing was a bummer and the leves being really dark too but overall is was really good specially compared to the mass shit fps you see this days (and back then too) I'm really hyped for doom 4 or doom :P 

1 hour ago, Deep Blue said:

Big fan a doom here, I played doom, duke nukem, blood, unreal, quake 2, shadow warrior and wolfenstein 3d when I was 6-7 years old :P I still play them from time to time. 

I don't know but doom 3 (or quake 4) wasnt bad for me, at least it wasn't a corridor shooter like many of the fps this days are...and it was fast paced and the weapons felt good when you shot them, yeah the flashlight thing was a bummer and the leves being really dark too but overall is was really good specially compared to the mass shit fps you see this days (and back then too) I'm really hyped for doom 4 or doom :P 

Pretty much the same history as me then :miyako:! I really enjoyed Doom 3 and Quake 4 as well. Can't wait for May!

I am a couple of years too young and I didn't start playing PC games that early. I was more of a console gamer (N64, SNES and PS2) when I was young. But I was playing one of the Unreal games. Which in my honest opinion is the same as them all. Of course one of them is better than the other. It is a nice genre but I consider it dead sadly. I have never played Quake or Doom. Interesting enough because games such as Dune, Warcraft, Doom, Quake of the old school is games I never touched. 

Who here had to play the original Doom in a tiny-ass window because their PC wasn't good enough to display it full screen? Those were the days. You had to squint to see all the action.

I'm not really all that hyped for Doom 4. It doesn't look like what I want out of a new doom game, IMO. The executions seem like they could get repetitive and I'm just not sure if I want this kind of scripted experience and linearly designed levels. I also certainly wouldn't want Doom again but with good graphics, so I'm actually not sure what exactly I want. Whatever it is, it's not what I'm seeing out of Doom 4.

41 minutes ago, Decay said:

Who here had to play the original Doom in a tiny-ass window because their PC wasn't good enough to display it full screen? Those were the days. You had to squint to see all the action.

I remember that :miyako:! There used to be two computers at my place. One of them was older, and when I played Doom on it, I needed to shrink to that tiny-ass window as well, haha. I also remember there was a turbo button you could press to speed things up a bit 8).

Yeah, that's fair enough. I am just really desperate for more Doom! In my case, every time I see those same enemies portrayed in a new installment, I feel like I am meeting old friends again. Doom 3 was meant to be scary, but whenever a new enemy appeared, I was like wow it's great to see you again brother :wahaha:!

12 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Same here...in my eyes that was the golden age of FPS...they were so amazing...i've played about all Duke Nukem's (even forever T.T)  I've played all the DOOM games (Still play Doom 3 BFG) and i adore quake and shadow warrior aswell (waiting for SW 2 which was announced and is in production..redux and the new one were great too)  As for Quake.. The original one, Quake II, Then Quake III Arena one of the best multiplayer FPS  of it's time and still well and alive to this day...Quake IV even if it had a lot of issues i still enjoyed  it for what it was.

The point being I'm super hyped for DOOM 4 after seeing all the information and E3 gameplay footage..i just hope they will do the franchise justice as it deserves so we can all enjoy our Doom Dose.

PS: I still have my original Quake III Arena ^^

KOqPFO0.jpg

1 hour ago, DarkZedge said:

Same here...in my eyes that was the golden age of FPS...they were so amazing...i've played about all Duke Nukem's (even forever T.T)  I've played all the DOOM games (Still play Doom 3 BFG) and i adore quake and shadow warrior aswell (waiting for SW 2 which was announced and is in production..redux and the new one were great too)  As for Quake.. The original one, Quake II, Then Quake III Arena one of the best multiplayer FPS  of it's time and still well and alive to this day...Quake IV even if it had a lot of issues i still enjoyed  it for what it was.

The point being I'm super hyped for DOOM 4 after seeing all the information and E3 gameplay footage..i just hope they will do the franchise justice as it deserves so we can all enjoy our Doom Dose.

PS: I still have my original Quake III Arena ^^

KOqPFO0.jpg

Awesome! Yeah, I am hoping Doom 4 will turn out to be awesome and is a game I can devote heaps of hours into. Already keen to try and beat it on max difficulty, and I want to mess around with their map creation tool as well.

46 minutes ago, InvertMouse said:

I hope it won't be another Doom 3 scenario where on Nightmare they keep draining your health and give you the Soul Cube in exchange. Never got motivated to beat it as a result because of that weird setup~

Same here,  i liked doom3 but its difficulty was certainly disappointing