• Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
    • Noble Works
    • Kara no Shoujo 2
    • Sekien no Inganock
    • Shikkoku no Sharnoth
    • Umineko no Naku Koro ni

This poll is closed to new votes

So.....yeah. What should I read next?

Edit: Just choose the one that you recommend me the most. I like all of them, it's just that I don't know which one should I read first. In other words, just pick one where you like/love it the most and I'll soon start reading that. The highest will probably be one of the most liked/loved among the Fuwans (And that is why I'm creating this thread, to read what is the most popular among you Fuwans)

I would recommend eden*. It's short, it's enjoyable, it doesn't stick to the usual cliché of a 17 year old MC in highschool... And it has overall a very good quality. I recommend this one to many people, actually.

I decided I'd read it after watching the opening, so in case you haven't seen it, take a look:

Spoiler

Umineko is also amazing in many ways, and I'm not even done reading it, but unless you have shit loads of free time, finishing it will take you a few months at least.

I feel like it's kind of pointless to offer a recommendation without having any idea what you like. Without any information about you, my recommendation is to go to VNDB, sort by rating, and play the top one you haven't played yet. That'd be Umineko, apparently, which I haven't actually played yet :sachi:

On the other hand, if you fill out a VNDB page and link it via your profile, or if you just say some of what you like, then people can offer a tailored recommendation. It also would be good to know if you're wanting more of the same stuff you've already played and liked (which is usually the case) or to try something different (which I personally rarely feel like doing, but sometimes has very positive results, which is why I do the monthly VN club).

2 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I feel like it's kind of pointless to offer a recommendation without having any idea what you like.

Well, I actually like all of them. Hence why the titles of the VNs are there. It's just that, I do not know which one should I read first. I had a lot of VNs at that time and couldn't know which one I should read first due to the popularity and it being one of my interests. Sorry if I haven't been clear. :vinty:

Hold on, I'll edit my post. DONE :pyaa:

I guess what I'm getting at, for instance, is that maybe you want something more serious, or maybe you want something light. As an example: Inganock is a personal favorite, and I put my vote behind it. It's a pretty serious VN with some heavy themes; it isn't what you'd call "dark", but the utsuge tag on vndb isn't completely unmerited. And right now it's tied with Majikoi in the vote, which is kind of the polar opposite: brightly-colored, upbeat, light, and only occasionally dramatic. It's a bit weird to even see them both in the same recommendation thread. If you could give a focused idea on what you're looking for in terms of tone or themes, I just think we'd be better able to recommend something you'll really enjoy :)

Edit, after a bit more thought: but really, I guess it's not all that important, since frankly all the stuff you have up there (especially the ones with high numbers of votes) are all pretty good anyway, so you'll probably enjoy it regardless :D