Jump to content
Miki

[Solved] DRAMAtical Murder won't' start (Windows 10)

Recommended Posts

I've done all the suggested fixes and yes I've downloaded it from Fuwanovel a long time ago. It used to work and I had it stored on an external harddrive. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and got the urge to play it again, but now it isn't working no matter what I try. ; ; I even had my friend upload her copy for me - I downloaded it but it didn't work. To be sure, I asked my friend if he would download it as well and try to get it to work. On his desktop which was running Windows 7, it worked flawlessly but when he tried on his laptop that has Windows 10 it didn't work. I'm pretty certain the issue is the operating system.... 

 

Even if I troubleshoot and set the last known compatibility to Win 7 or 8, it still won't run. It opens up for a second (black screen) and immediately closes. Does anyone know of a way I could fix this or get it to work? ;___; 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miki said:

I've done all the suggested fixes and yes I've downloaded it from Fuwanovel a long time ago. It used to work and I had it stored on an external harddrive. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and got the urge to play it again, but now it isn't working no matter what I try. ; ; I even had my friend upload her copy for me - I downloaded it but it didn't work. To be sure, I asked my friend if he would download it as well and try to get it to work. On his desktop which was running Windows 7, it worked flawlessly but when he tried on his laptop that has Windows 10 it didn't work. I'm pretty certain the issue is the operating system.... 

 

Even if I troubleshoot and set the last known compatibility to Win 7 or 8, it still won't run. It opens up for a second (black screen) and immediately closes. Does anyone know of a way I could fix this or get it to work? ;___; 

you could use a virtual machine. and scroll down here for a basic guide on how to set one up: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/13065-duel-savior-direct-draw-related-issue/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spademan said:

you could use a virtual machine. and scroll down here for a basic guide on how to set one up: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/13065-duel-savior-direct-draw-related-issue/

Well, I tried doing that but it won't recognize the harddisk I downloaded... (from here   https://dev.windows.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/windows/  - I chose IE10 for Win7) :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silvz said:

hmmmmmmm

Funny thing that I've played it fine on windows 10, and there was a person who I helped a few months ago. Let me search for her thread for just a moment, maybe I'll find it

Ahh! nevermind, I made a stupid mistake.

My locale was set to Japan but I mistakenly forgot about the unicode. Since it's under additional settings on windows 10 rather than just being in your face, you have to jump through a few pages to get to it and its not very clear. I just assumed it would do so automatically. NOPE. I went in manually through control panel rather than through settings and noticed it immediately. It works 100% fine now! Ahh, sorry about my stupidity. :)

Thanks for trying to help. <3

 

BUT LET THAT BE NEWS TO ANYONE ON WIN 10. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Silvz said:

._.

all my help for nothing

change the name of the thread to [Solved] Dram... etc

Ah, Im really sorry. ;___; 

I appreciate your willingness to help though! Sorry I overlooked something so simple - its just that when it says your locale is Japan and clicking on the "additional options" just opens a thing saying "region" again which you already changed among other useless stuff, its kind of easy to miss and believe that you already had the settings squared away. >___< Anyway, again, thank you so much. ; o ;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2016 at 4:55 AM, Miki said:

Ah, Im really sorry. ;___; 

I appreciate your willingness to help though! Sorry I overlooked something so simple - its just that when it says your locale is Japan and clicking on the "additional options" just opens a thing saying "region" again which you already changed among other useless stuff, its kind of easy to miss and believe that you already had the settings squared away. >___< Anyway, again, thank you so much. ; o ;

could you help me with that??? the same exact thing is happening to me. my locale is japanese but i dont know where to find this "unicode" option. thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2016 at 2:23 AM, Miki said:

Ahh! nevermind, I made a stupid mistake.

My locale was set to Japan but I mistakenly forgot about the unicode. Since it's under additional settings on windows 10 rather than just being in your face, you have to jump through a few pages to get to it and its not very clear. I just assumed it would do so automatically. NOPE. I went in manually through control panel rather than through settings and noticed it immediately. It works 100% fine now! Ahh, sorry about my stupidity. :)

Thanks for trying to help. <3

 

BUT LET THAT BE NEWS TO ANYONE ON WIN 10. xD

I'm confused on that part! What is the unicode? Can you explain what you did in detail please?? 
Much obliged. 

Edited by poppytewix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×