Highway Blossoms [Yuri] [LF Guest Artists!]

Raithfyre

My team, Alienworks, is going to be releasing a short yuri VN in a couple months. I'm a little bit late on the whole thread creation thing, since we announced the project back in September, but what can ya do?

key-art-with-solid-logo.png

So first off about us, then I'll get to the good parts. As you might know, Alienworks has another project going on, The Human Reignition Project, which you can see in my signature. That's our main game. HB was a side project started by myself and one of the other writers, and is way smaller in scope. That other writer is Syon, Setsuna's writer for HRP. Then we have Jake Abernathie and Anna Logue composing the soundtrack, with our programmer Kevin Turner putting everything together. Art is handled by Rosuuri, Shiyun and Myuto, who also work on HRP. Badriel is doing the backgrounds, and we also have a number of CG's being completed by Weee/Raemz, best known for her work on Katawa Shoujo.

While they're both a little bit lacking, we have a VNDB entry as well as our own website. Here's our little blurb about the project, taken from the Steam Greenlight page, which should be up in the next week or so.

Developed by Alienworks, Highway Blossoms is a short lesbian (or "yuri") story set in the American Southwest. After an old gold rush miner's journal is discovered,
supposedly detailing where he hid parts of his stash, a nationwide craze begins as would-be prospectors try to solve its clues and strike it rich.

Amber couldn't care less. Wandering the desert in a recently-inherited motorhome, she mourns the loss of her grandfather - indifferent and unaware to the hunt
happening around her. It's not until she meets Marina, a young hitchhiker lost in New Mexico that the girls get swept up in the rush.

A tribute to music and Americana, Highway Blossoms is a linear visual novel experience. With an emphasis on romance and adventure, the game is sometimes somber and sometimes silly. We hope to write a game that both
long-time VN fans and newcomers to the medium can enjoy, as well as a fun contribution to the yuri genre.

Right now, we're hoping to have the game out in mid-April, though it's still a bit too early to announce a definite release date. We've got a first draft of the script done, as well as all the backgrounds, half the soundtrack, half the CG's and a few of the sprites. All the other things are moving along pretty quickly though. When it's done, it'll be on Steam with a free uncensor patch available, or alternatively you can get the DRM-free adult version on Denpasoft. It's not an eroge or anything like that, but there are a couple sex scenes. The emphasis is on romance and adventure though.

Similar to what we did for the HRP demo, we're going to be putting together a guest art gallery for anyone who might want to participate. You can get all the details from the document linked in this tweet. Retweets and shares are much appreciated.

As always, thanks for reading!

28 minutes ago, Raithfyre said:

It's not an eroge or anything like that, but there are a couple sex scenes.

Sold. All I'm looking for. Tired of this all-ages nonsense. VNs don't deserve to call themselves yuri if there's no sweet lesbian love-making. 

45 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

VNs with h-scenes are eroge too. 

I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

How can I say
eroges are solely focused games in the scenes H, having a large or even no character development.
Visual novel: are games that may or may not contain H scenes, and are focused on the development of the characters, this game has much more history.
That's the difference that many mistake, one is the ecchi / sex and others may have, but that's just a consequence of the deepening of the story.

35 minutes ago, The Striker said:

How can I say
eroges are solely focused games in the scenes H, having a large or even no character development.
Visual novel: are games that may or may not contain H scenes, and are focused on the development of the characters, this game has much more history.
That's the difference that many mistake, one is the ecchi / sex and others may have, but that's just a consequence of the deepening of the story.

I think you're the one that's mistaken this time. Eroge are games with h-content. 

On 2/11/2016 at 2:52 PM, Raithfyre said:

Whoops, guess I should've said it's not a nukige. I'm bad at my terminology =(

Valmore: Oops sorry ;-; If you wanna resend it to me I'll try to give you some feedback!

Aw, it's all good. I gently tease here - if anyone understands busy as heck it's me. :)

50 minutes ago, Raithfyre said:

HB is now on Steam Greenlight! If you're interested in the game, please consider voting "yes" for us =)

Will do when I get home from work!