Rank this Villain Concept

83ea8bc9-6f29-4a3d-b7ce-66d46e90ce3f_zps

Coeus Corrupt (Ko-wus)

Pantheon: Greek

Height: 14' or 19' standing

Fighting Style: Soul Leeching

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

FANTASY In the bowels of a long lost Anunnaki burial chamber roams the Titan Coeus. He once was the most intelligent Titan to ever exist and was the most likely to succeed at developing humanity in the outside world. Fate was cruel to him though as his curiosity got the best of him. Nun warned all the ancient bloodlines of the three dominant spirits that were sent to Earth with him. Nun possessed one but the other two were lost in the crash landing of his ship. Coeus searched for years for relics of the long lost Sirius ship and did not heed the warning of Nun to notify him immediately if they ever were to be discovered. When he touched the relic, the spirit within it infused with his core, causing him to fall into madness. He tried to fight the urge for a time but eventually it took over and he killed an Anunnaki by draining it of its soul. Uranus, his father, intervened on his behalf when Marduk seeked vengeance. Marduk did not trust Uranus to honor his word though and negotiated the terms of his punishment. The Annunaki would build a cursed facility under the ground which would keep him imprisoned for eternity with special sigils that drained his power. He is forever roaming these halls waiting for the day he can be free to feed again.

HISTORY Coeus is of the Greek pantheon, known as the Titan of rational intelligence. He fathered many children and was considered a positive Titan. In the Titanomachy (The war between Titans and Olympians,) he was overthrown and imprisoned for an eternity in Tartarus (Hell.) unlike the other Titans, he went mad in his imprisonment and broke free of his chains in an attempt to escape but failed in his attempt.

THEORY We decided to change the timeline a bit and tie his historical madness into his inquisitive nature. We liked the tragedy of an intelligent and benevolent Titan falling from grace due to his lack of wisdom. By showing his fall, we make him more relatable and also incorporate cross pantheon relationships between the Anunnaki and the Titans. This allows us to create vivid lore that mixes the two worlds and enriches the story of a mad god who was once a benevolent saint.

Full blown critiques plz. This is a rough of the Coeus concept which will be properly rendered at a later date. The image is the scale.

1 minute ago, Arcadeotic said:

The backstory and design are great.

The history is intruiging, but it does seem rather out-of-place.

Other than that, looks quite great.

The lore will seem very confusing without actually playing the game. Once you read the prologue and discover the world, things begin to make sense and you soon start expecting certain things in the Black Sands Universe.

Design wise :

The mouth doesn't go well with its body in my opinion. Maybe it's because it is too thin but when I look at his face my first impression is that he's gonna be a joke of an enemy. I understand that you tried to give him that mad/insane kind of look, but it just doesn't work for me.

Other than that he's tiny for a "titan". I'm expecting something humongous when I think of a titan.

Lore wise: TL;DR

Hmm, I like his design but his deed ain't evil enough.... He has a big size, grim presence and terrifying look, so you should give him a backstory that also compliments as such like killing over 1 million people, using dark arts to almost conquer the entire world or something...... 

Villains are known for their wickedness, and if you want to use a villain that's big and terrifying, make sure their evilness goes along with it. 

2 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

Design wise :

The mouth doesn't go well with it's body in my opinion. Maybe it's because it is too thin but when I look at his face my first impression is that he's gonna be a joke of an enemy. I understand that you tried to give him that mad/insane kind of look, but it just doesn't work for me.

Other than that he's tiny for a "titan". I'm expecting something humongous when I think of a titan.

Lore wise: TL;DR

I think I used the old height before the concept was created. He is actually 14-19 feet tall.

His open mouth is actually a break in his face. He didn't have a mouth before he was corrupted at all. It has to do with the spirit that possesses him.

1 minute ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Hmm, I like his design but his deed ain't evil enough.... He has a big size, grim presence and terrifying look, so you should give him a backstory that also compliments as such like killing over 1 million people, using dark arts to almost conquer the entire world or something...... 

Villains are known for their wickedness, and if you want to use a villain that's big and terrifying, make sure their evilness goes along with it. 

He is more of a antagonist then a pure villain. He doesn't have evil intent. He is just a possessed titan that must devour the souls of anything that yet moves. His fall from grace is tragic and your job in the game is to get enough information on him to kill him. He has way more lore then this and you will discover it with investigations, subterfuge, indirect attacks, spying, all the goodness a commander requires to defeat an enemy which is significantly stronger then you.

Be quick though, for no one knows when he will break free from the caverns of his imprisonment and force the issue. If unprepared, expect your campaign to be short and embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

I think I used the old height before the concept was created. He is actually 14-19 feet tall.

No idea what 14-19 feet is, but when I look at my feet, it still looks damn small.

And I still think the head should be bigger and larger.

2 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

No idea what 14-19 feet is, but when I look at my feet, it still looks damn small.

And I still think the head should be bigger and larger.

this thread is to help us with refining the concept so your advice is not dismissed. Thanks for adding it. Maybe a consensus will start forming around your suggestion.

17 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

BTW Bakasura and Jepatus are evil as fuck.

The lore is great.

As for the design, I'll have to agree the face looks out of place. Well I can't really say what exactly would be better, but I still recommend that you change the face(perhaps reduce the elongation of the face, change the horns).
For the height, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Though making it around 30 feet might be better.       

2 minutes ago, kingdomcome said:

I can't really add anything of value because I don't know any backstory, but these pics are amazingly epic. I hope the antagonist are OP.

They are so OP, you have to dedicate a lot of time investigating them just to figure out how to not die instantly to them should you have to fight them lol