VNs similar to G-Senjou no Maou?

Skyleft

Just finished G-Senjou no Maou an hour ago, and I can easily say that I was blown away and it's the most I've enjoyed a Visual Novel.  

I thought there would be nothing better after ever17/zero escape, but I guess I was wrong, so I'd like to know what should I try now after having completed that.  

I'm not looking for just a SoL VN like little busters or clannad, something with both a good story and good romance, if possible.

Thanks..

Yeah, go for Sharin. It's the closest you'll get to G-Senjou.

Now, these recommendations will be based off of my own tastes, although I will stay within the bounds of what you want. 

I'd check Symphonic Rain and Grisaia no Kajitsu for pretty good stories with solid romance that mostly stay in the bounds of a common setting, but do escape it (Grisaia in particular does it spectacularly, specially in the sequels). If you're looking for good story twists, check out SR and Grisaia- grisaia having the added benefit of a protagonist that's unique, has a good background and kicks ass,

If you're fine with philosophy, broken humans beings and mind-bending twists to go along with your romance, check out Cross Channel.

If you're fine with something a tad more out of place, with superpowers and the like, I'd check Ayakashibito and Comyu.

That's chuunige territory- If the highlight of G-Senjou to you was the showdown in Haru's route, I'd check those two out. 

They have really good stories and good romance. The strength of those games doesn't really stop there, though- the heroine routes will be, for the most part, pretty good even if you don't like the heroines themselves, which is neat. If a good battle scene can get your blood pumping, you should watch out for these.

There's a lot more I could suggest, but I'll stop with these five titles. Hope you have fun.

On 2/8/2016 at 5:46 AM, Kaguya said:

Yeah, go for Sharin. It's the closest you'll get to G-Senjou.

How so?
Different genre, different setting, different story, different characters, different routes structure, different art, different music.
Only humour seems to be similiar.

I really would like someone to explain me why is it considered similair. I know scriptwriter wrote both G and Sharin, but these are very distinct VNs.

1 minute ago, Vorathiel said:

How so?
Different genre, different setting, different story, different characters, different routes structure, different art, different music.
Only humour seems to be similiar.

I really would like someone to explain me why is it considered similair. I know scriptwriter wrote both G and Sharin, but these are very distinct VNs.

Ugh, why do people quote me. 

Don't try to make me argue for something I said before, I most likely don't even remember why I thought that at the time, just fuck off :komari:

Now, for trying to make a point while sleep deprived for two VNs I played who knows how many years ago.

Different genre- not really. They both share the same melodramatic tendencies, as well as a protagonist that works for an agency (and has an intimidating figure of authority on their lives, which serves to mold their philosophy on how the world and human relations work)- they also share structural similarities in that each heroine has a chapter of their own where their drama is presented and solved and both deal with political intrigue. 

Asking for a "similar game" is ridiculously vague to begin with. Sharin fits when it comes to this guy because his requirements were similar to G-Senjou focused on good romance and good story- and structurally, as well as when it comes to the prose and writing in general, both have very similar comedy, romance and story.

Sharin differs from G-Senjou in that it has more political commentary and feels slower due to not having the presence of Maou pulling the strings around. Yes, they're fundamentally different in that Sharin spends more time character building for the finale instead of pulling you around with a mystery thriller. He wasn't asking for a game similar to sharin in the aspect of it being a mystery thriller, though.

Won't bother answering any other questions about how the games may or may not be similar.