secondary characters they love?

The Striker

I realized that sometimes (or even very common) has secondary characters that are either better than the protagonist or are very interesting, and that motivated even more to complete the visual novel, I will cite one example.

Spoiler

Yoshino.Haruhiko.full.635468.jpg

Hoshino haruhiko:

An example of how they should be all the secondary one of the best, he has his intellect, and has put judgment on the head of the protagonist often, so much so that without it at least 3 ~ 5 routes would be meaningless in the novel, one character respect.

I still know little visual novel, I probably read less than 90% of the people here, as I more play other types of games, but I thought interesting to discuss about it.

Well in Kyonyuu Fantasy there's Martel for giving him a pretty good arc in the canon harem route, some nice character moments to the side in Gaiden and in Gaiden 2 a really nice role throughout the game from what he does for Ryuto and co. to an interesting subplot regarding how he relates to another minor character:

rRiRHyX.jpg

And in KF2 and if there's the gnoll squad who are just plain delightful:

AY7n3EO.jpg

1 hour ago, Valmore said:

I will say it again, I wish Princess Evangile had a Konomi route. She was better than all four of the heroines.

Couldn't agree more. Why give so much focus to this cute and funny girl with her obvious crush if you're not gonna let me have the protagonist reciprocate. That's just cruel to the both of us.:( She has a route in the fandisc though. But I assume it's not very long since VNDB says " ...and 5 short stories for the sub-heroines". But at least it's something.

Now if I'm gonna add something myself I should mention Riki's male friends in Little Busters

0014.jpg

Little Busters could just had been about the titular busters themselves (Rin included) and I still probably would had been satisfied.

Just now, ChaosRaven said:

Yeah, not having a route for Chiaki is Noble Works biggest sin so far. She's even an otaku with hidden eroge depositories...

Yes, indeed it is the biggest sin that Vn has commited so far...I don't understand why they'd put a short secret route like the one they did but not one for Chiaki after building her up so well and making everyone like her so much...It's just no fair! :vinty:

I require my dose of Chiaki...or else:conspiracy:

For me, generally speaking, the Main/Poster heroine is almost always the least interesting character so a lot of VN common routes suck for me because that's always the character they push the hardest. It seems the character archetypes I like (indifferent/emotionless cooderes, perverted/assertive derederes, mayadere in general, twins,  classic tsunderes, ect.)  are generally relegated to side character status so I guess I don't have popular taste or something.

BB2 aside (which I just started playing), the 2 most recent games I finished playing are pretty bad about this for me, 1 is especially bad. First, Noble Works. NW wasn't especially bad since Akari was the only main heroine I was completely indifferent about but Makoto and Chiaki were significantly more interesting to me than the other available heroines and I was legitimately annoyed that the the secret route wasn't one of them (let alone, one of the main routes). Then there's Princess Evangile... I have never been more annoyed about available routes in a VN than when playing PE. Nearly the entire side cast is better than the main heroines and the fact that the best one (imo), Ruriko is treated like a main heroine during the common route but can't actually be picked for anything is incredibly frustrating. The entire time I was playing that game I couldn't stop thinking about how there were better version of each of the 4 main heroines in the side cast (Ruriko vs. Rise, Mitsuki vs. Chiho, Tamie vs. Ayaka, Konomi vs. Ritsuko). Even a Sister Mishima route would have been amazing. Not even W Happiness can save that game for me, the damage has been done (to be fair, I did end up liking Ritsuko though she gets less screen time than either Ruriko or Konomi during the common route).

I've also been making my way through the routes of School Days and Shiny Days and I'll just say that I wish Hikari and the Twins (Futaba & Kazuha) had more fleshed out routes, since their "routes" are just short scenes slapped onto the end of someone else's route. That said, with the style that those games are, I get why they focus primarily on one or two characters. I do appreciate the love that Kokoro and the MILFs get in Shiny Days though.

On 2/5/2016 at 10:11 AM, The Striker said:

What a coincidence
not long ago I finished downloading princess Evangile and noble works .... Will I think that?

Chiaki from Noble Works definitely and it's such a huge disappointment that she didn't get a route. She executed her role as a side character with utter finesse and it would have been better if she actually got romantically involved with the protagonist. Same for another character in Noble Works, Makoto. Although she gives off the lesbian vibes, it would have been interesting if she did get a route also.

As for Princess Evangile, all the girls that didnt get a route in the original will get a route in W Happiness anyway.... so it's just a matter of waiting at this point now that Mangagamer announced the game will come out this year and constantly being translated. I believe it's close to 20% translated at the moment. And Princess Evangile W Happiness imo is MUCH MUCH BETTER than the main game, a very rare occurrence of the fandisc performing better than the original game. 

On 2/5/2016 at 1:11 PM, The Striker said:

What a coincidence
not long ago I finished downloading princess Evangile and noble works .... Will I think that?

Maybe you will, i don't know about Konomi...she wasn't all that much to my liking though she was alright but its up to everyone's tastes