Rabi-Ribi

Minoru

Hey guys,

just wanted to introduce Rabi-Ribi to you - a Metroidvania game published by SP:

Help the rabbit heroine Erina explore Rabi-Rabi Island to find out why she turned into a bunny girl. Be prepared to fight through the complex attacks of the many cute residents! Don't be mistaken for those weirdos obsessed with bunnies! Complete with “Casual” to “Bunny Extinction” difficulties.

tumblr_inline_nu9j830iUd1rzik85_1280.png

Sounds silly? True dat. But it's actually much fun to play. I stumbled upon a review of this game a couple of days ago and bought it yesterday since it's currently 10% off on Steam. After several issues with getting the game to work using my 8bitdo gamepad I played roughly 2h and I'm already in love... I'm really bad at presenting stuff so if you're interested in a mixture of Metroidvania and Bullet Hell featuring cute anime characters visit the Steam page and watch the trailer there. It really is a fun game!

Anybody else here playing this?

Bought it on release but only got to play it for ~2 hours since I'm really busy. Even though the characters and story seem to be really bland and uninteresting, it has really a satisfying gameplay. The bullet hell-esque boss battles along with the fast-paced and responsive combat made it a blast to play. Would definitely recommend this game.

1 hour ago, The Striker said:

Hummm looks interesting, but very hard to play .

I didn't have any issues in the first 2 hours of playing. You can choose the difficulty before starting a new game. I can't tell how hard it will get once the story progresses though.

4 hours ago, Satsuki said:

I'm absolutely horrible at playing bullet hell, so, nope for me.

I played one bullet hell game before and I did horrible, too. This one not so much as of yet.

4 hours ago, Tenkuru said:

Bought it on release but only got to play it for ~2 hours since I'm really busy. Even though the characters and story seem to be really bland and uninteresting, it has really a satisfying gameplay. The bullet hell-esque boss battles along with the fast-paced and responsive combat made it a blast to play. Would definitely recommend this game.

I couldn't agree more. The story definitely seems to be rather meh. The gameplay makes up for it though. Just don't expect something deep. The main protagonist is a bunny girl after all. :illya:

6 hours ago, Satsuki said:

I'm absolutely horrible at playing bullet hell, so, nope for me.

Same. Played Deathsmiles on my Xbox 360, never again I was touching another bullet hell genre. :wahaha: 

P.S. Cave is awesome in Hyperdimension Neptunia series though. 

13 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Same. Played Deathsmiles on my Xbox 360, never again I was touching another bullet hell genre. :wahaha: 

Well, Rabi-Ribi only features mild bullet hell action (at least in Novice difficulty that is). So being crushed and left to die a horrible, seizure inducing death by a game like Deathsmiles doesn't mean you're gonna do bad in Rabi-Ribi. If I can do it, anyone probably can. I suck horribly at multitasking and I'm doing fine as of yet.