Any Good VNs Like Katawa Shoujo?

Zenophilious

After looking through a long list of VNs, both here and on VNDB, I was slightly intimidated by just how many there are. Probably also doesn't really help that I have no idea how to search using tags, but that's not the point ^_^ I really enjoyed Katawa Shoujo; I liked the romance, the H-scenes were appropriate and had feeling instead of being inserted as the main event with story on the side, and the characters were obviously well thought out. The H-scenes aren't mandatory for a suggestion, though, I just really want a romantic VN that gives you the same feeling of connection to the characters as KS.

Also, just to clarify: When I said "like KS", I don't mean VNs with disabled girls. While I don't mind if the heroines or heroes are disabled, I'm not particularly set on only disabled VNs. Again, the traits I'd like are romance and well-done story, with H-scenes being optional.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it, since I'm rather new to VNs.

Zeno!

Again, if it wasn't for the whole Shizune (vs Lilly) thing, I'd think we were soul-brothers and I'd have tons of suggestions for you ; ). As it stands, I can only highly recommend the games I played right after KS and had similar themes:

• Fate/Stay Night - This game has a lot of action, and lots of people play it for that aspect. For me, however, FSN is a superb example of brilliant, sometimes subtle characterization. FSN was one of the most impactful experiences I've ever had with a VN (or, perhaps, otherwise). How like KS: Great characters that you truly care about and grow to love. Saber, Rin and Sakura are beautiful people, and over the course of the game they become true, deep and abiding "friends". It's a beautiful experience.

• Sharin no Kuni (Himawari no Shoujo) - This game was nearly as emotional and impactful as KS for me. I really didn't like the protagonist for ~3 hours, but I'm SO glad I stuck with it. The characerization is top-notch, and it shares a LOT of themes with KS. If you're looking for a positive experience to follow KS, this is probably the one to do next. How like KS: Emotionally charged and impactful, great and memorable characters, intriguing world

Like you, I immediately tried to find a similar experience to KS. These two brought me closest, and provided extremely intimate emotional experiences.

I hope you'll let us know what you think of these!

Zeno..

Why not try these games.

Hoshizora no Memoria- A serious must if you love nakige. It has 6 routes which has pretty good stories on each.

Kamidori Alchemy Meister- A very time consuming good hell of a game. Why time consuming? Gameplay, Lvl'ing your characters while going through the chapters of the game via locations.

Requires lot of spamming time to max out your units. (It's too time consuming. After going through the 3 main routes,(Which took about, 15-24 hours each) I just copied a Full save to view the other CG's)

Like Tay said Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo- It's pretty emotional. No other comment.

G-Senjou no Maou- A game made by the creators of Sharin no Kuni. Pretty much has the same intensity as Sharin no Kuni.

Duel Savior- Another time consuming game due to high amounts of game play. Though the story revolving among the MC and the Heroines is great. (~Grr, I want a much better conclusion for the Harem Ending)

DC I And II- Though I haven't played it yet, (since I'm still DL'ing it) I heard many people love it.

Rance Series(Rance 1,2,3,7)- Seriously, You can't stop loving our nymphomaniac hero!

Utawarerumono- Again Gameplay, the ending is so sad. (I really want the 2 now)

That's pretty much it. Oh Wait, Shuffle & Tick! Tack!- Last recommendation

Zeno..

Why not try these games.

Hoshizora no Memoria- A serious must if you love nakige. It has 6 routes which has pretty good stories on each.

Kamidori Alchemy Meister- A very time consuming good hell of a game. Why time consuming? Gameplay, Lvl'ing your characters while going through the chapters of the game via locations.

Requires lot of spamming time to max out your units. (It's too time consuming. After going through the 3 main routes,(Which took about, 15-24 hours each) I just copied a Full save to view the other CG's)

Like Tay said Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo- It's pretty emotional. No other comment.

G-Senjou no Maou- A game made by the creators of Sharin no Kuni. Pretty much has the same intensity as Sharin no Kuni.

Duel Savior- Another time consuming game due to high amounts of game play. Though the story revolving among the MC and the Heroines is great. (~Grr, I want a much better conclusion for the Harem Ending)

DC I And II- Though I haven't played it yet, (since I'm still DL'ing it) I heard many people love it.

Rance Series(Rance 1,2,3,7)- Seriously, You can't stop loving our nymphomaniac hero!

That's a good choice you have, but...

-Hoshimemo is nakige? I don't think it's one... since hoshimemo give me a warm feeling instead

-Kamidori, each route for 15-24 hours... I played 70 hours and haven't finished one ending (maybe it's because my habit to keep all party have balanced level)

-Rance 1,2,3 is pretty old... but if you can stand the art it's fine. Rance 2 has a remake if you want to search it

-I'm pretty satisfied with Utawarerumono ending though...

since the protagonist back to the village after the last battle

-Hoshimemo is nakige? I don't think it's one... since hoshimemo give me a warm feeling instead

Any game that is built around "comedy common route + romance heroine route + sudden drama + happy end" scheme is nakige. It doesn't have to be utsuge and drive you into depression, so warm feeling over nakige is okay.

-I'm pretty satisfied with Utawarerumono ending though...

since the protagonist back to the village after the last battle

Yeah, yeah, and some people even believe that Lelouch was alive in the end.

Edited by solidbatman
Code Geass Spoilers

Yeah, yeah, and some people even believe that Lelouch was alive in the end.

Who cares about him. I NEVER EVEN WATCHED CODE GEASS! (What kind of person am I?)

I only just see small glances when my friends watch it.

Zeno!

Again, if it wasn't for the whole Shizune (vs Lilly) thing, I'd think we were soul-brothers and I'd have tons of suggestions for you ; ). As it stands, I can only highly recommend the games I played right after KS and had similar themes:

• Fate/Stay Night - This game has a lot of action, and lots of people play it for that aspect. For me, however, FSN is a superb example of brilliant, sometimes subtle characterization. FSN was one of the most impactful experiences I've ever had with a VN (or, perhaps, otherwise). How like KS: Great characters that you truly care about and grow to love. Saber, Rin and Sakura are beautiful people, and over the course of the game they become true, deep and abiding "friends". It's a beautiful experience.

• Sharin no Kuni (Himawari no Shoujo) - This game was nearly as emotional and impactful as KS for me. I really didn't like the protagonist for ~3 hours, but I'm SO glad I stuck with it. The characerization is top-notch, and it shares a LOT of themes with KS. If you're looking for a positive experience to follow KS, this is probably the one to do next. How like KS: Emotionally charged and impactful, great and memorable characters, intriguing world

Like you, I immediately tried to find a similar experience to KS. These two brought me closest, and provided extremely intimate emotional experiences.

I hope you'll let us know what you think of these!

But...I like Lilly, too! I love how she's actually quite humorous underneath her prim and proper act. She made a few hilarious dirty jokes xD

I've actually already downloaded Fate/Stay Night lol I was about to start it today, but I'm glad that it's as good as it looked. I'll get right on it. And I'll be sure to check out Sharin no Kuni (Himawari no Shoujo), too. I really appreciate the suggestions, Tay ^_^

Zeno..

Why not try these games.

I've also already downloaded Hoshizora no Memoria, too. I wanna try F/SN first, though.

I heard that Sengoku Rance is really good, but I haven't looked too hard at them yet. Is there one in particular that I should start with, or does it not really matter?

I'll look up the others that you suggested, too :3

Wait...wait....wait wait wait....were there more, unlockable routes than just the main 3 girls??!?!? SERIOUSLY?!? Dangit.....I may have to go back to that now :S lol

Wait...wait....wait wait wait....were there more, unlockable routes than just the main 3 girls??!?!? SERIOUSLY?!? Dangit.....I may have to go back to that now :S lol

No. There are 3 routes only. But there are some sidestory girls which can be opened on any route on ng+.

No. There are 3 routes only. But there are some sidestory girls which can be opened on any route on ng+.

Yeah, Like that Phinilly Scene>> Didn't even think there would be such a side story. I thought she'll just be on your team. Sadly, though I don't know what happened since I saw from a full save that I copied.