Getchu Bishoujo Game Awards 2015 are out

ChaosRaven

I wish people would stop pushing others so hard to learn Japanese. While it may not consume a person's whole life, it is a time investment which means it battles other activities for supremacy on that giant list of priorities a person has tucked away in a corner of their mind. If a person has a family that's a giant chunk of time gone. A GIANT chunk of time. If a person has a full time job, that's a giant chunk of time gone. Time is spent on maintenance of your house, maintaining relationships, keeping up to date with the knowledge required for your profession. Cooking, personal hygiene, recharging, and shopping. 

After all that is done, you get to splice up your leisure time. Now, obviously you aren't going to have time to spend on everything you want to do, that's just life, so you need to decide what activities you most want to spend your leisure on. Outdoor activities, sporting clubs, holidays, reading, watching movies. I have 10 games on backlog and another 10 I want to try, plus a backlog of at least 20 books to read, plus a bunch of anime I haven't touched and I can't seem to find the time to engage in these activities sufficiently to whittle down that backlog. The only reason that backlog isn't bigger is because I've stopped seeking out new things to add to the list, and it's still as large as ever. Sure I want to learn Japanese, I also want to become better at golf, and take up archery, but I know I won't be doing any of these activities in the near future. Regarding Japanese, sure I'd like to learn it and get access to these wonderful VNs on the Japanese side, but why should it be high priority when there's a mountain of books and games in English I have yet to read? I want to re-read all of Robin Hobb's books about Fitzchivalry, that's 8 large size novels right there. 

So just because a person wants to learn Japanese but never gets around to it doesn't mean that person is lazy. They either leave a busy life, or there's just too many other things that person wants to do - most likely a combination of the two. It may only take an hour a night, but maybe that person wants to spend that last hour reading?

5 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

You miss my point rooke, I dont wanna force people to learn Japanese I just dont wanna hear any complaining about it if you choose to spend your time doing other stuff.

Last but not the least, we dont need impatient brats rushing and bugging our dedicated fantranslators.

Yeah stop putting them on the clock and spamming the forums with threads about when they will finish. They will finish whenever they feel like it, so the least we can do as freeloaders is be patient.

On 2016. 02. 03. at 11:07 PM, ChaosRaven said:

Just for comparison, this is Getchu's sales ranking 2015. I've also added a list of the top twenty below. Only the entries which didn't appear already in the Getchu awards got an image and VNDB link for easier differentiation (and less work). Some interesting observations:

I'm not sure what's more shocking, that Angel Beats didn't make it into the Getchu awards or that nobody even seemed to miss it. I think this is the first time that this happened to a major Key title, but it at least did sell well. Poor Key - beaten by Custom Maid 3D2. ^_^

The next big surprise is that Sakura no Uta didn't even make it in the top 50. While it's not unusual that the Getchu winner isn't a top ten seller, I'm not sure if it ever happened before that it didn't even make in the top 50.

That sales ranking list on getchu is for 2015.01.01 - 2015.6.30 so it's understandable that Sakura no Uta is not in it.:P

1 hour ago, granit said:

That sales ranking list on getchu is for 2015.01.01 - 2015.6.30 so it's understandable that Sakura no Uta is not in it.:P

Oops, you're right! :o I should have gotten suspicious, the true list is that one. But I don't really understand Getchu's interface navigation here. I could just select the half year and monthly sales rankings through the pull down menus. To find the full 2015 rating, I had to select a 2014 list which is for some reason still on the main page and then manually modify the web link in good hope that just the year is different.

Anyway, Sakura no Uta's ranking is ninth which sounds a lot more likely. I'll try to correct my post sometime today.

Edit: List is now corrected. Several titles made it in from the Getchu winners like Sakura no Uta (9) or... Custom Maid 3DR2 (2). Other new titles are from Favorite, Feng and Ensemble.

12 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Oops, you're right! :o I should have gotten suspicious, the true list is that one. But I don't really understand Getchu's interface navigation here. I could just select the half year and monthly sales rankings through the pull down menus. To find the full 2015 rating, I had to select a 2014 list which is for some reason still on the main page and then manually modify the web link in good hope that just the year is different.

Anyway, Sakura no Uta's ranking is ninth which sounds a lot more likely. I'll try to correct my post sometime today.

Edit: List is now corrected. Several titles made it in from the Getchu winners like Sakura no Uta (9) or... Custom Maid 3DR2 (2). Other new titles are from Favorite, Feng and Ensemble.

Yeah, I don't understand their interface either.  Anyways, thanks for the full list! It's interesting. 

What surprised me the most, is Haru Kiss being in the top 10. I didn't think that it was that popular. 

21 minutes ago, granit said:

Yeah, I don't understand their interface either.  Anyways, thanks for the full list! It's interesting. 

What surprised me the most, is Haru Kiss being in the top 10. I didn't think that it was that popular. 

Probably because of the art. It's admittedly pretty tempting.

• 6 years later...

I'm bored, so may as well do some resurrection work on the Getchu threads here (Sorry about that) in which times do wonder to make us see on how the situation are changing when it come to the title at that time, especially with on how half of top 20 here got the translation. So here's my comment on Getchu Awards 2015 below.

• I know about Bishoujo Mangekyou 3 here, which admittedly it has some nice sci-fi setting in the future. Although the thing that I know is more in regard of a fan, or rather a rabid fan who always claim that it's a kamige with him ran a very dubious translation project. For the less rabid fans who have serious chance to work on this, well maybe Daybreak or Arcadeotic here are the most probable candidates but no chance for now, so obviously the only option is to learn Japanese or use the available MTL patch if one desperate enough to read this.
  • Bokukotsu here is about Ren who tasked to take care five useless demons (Including his childhood friend and his little sister), and on his task he'll get many sexual experiences. It definitely has good graphic thanks to Sayori's drawing, so at least it's worth to read if you need a nukige that can give you visual excitement. While the title is exactly like the VN's premise, I would say that using 'boku' is wrong because Ren use 'ore' to refer himself.
  • It's too bad that Hanasaki project here was stopped by Saga Planet when the progress did well enough, and moreso it's dubious enough because apparently the translator got the C&D notice from the 3rd party. Nowadays, I'm not that desperate for Hanasaki here anyway, especially since we already have Nekonyan licensed several Saga Planet VNs. That said, licensing Hanasaki might be impossible seeing that the license for Hanasaki engine is still owned by Visual Arts, which is quite a big company (For the info, Saga Planet just own the license starting from Floral Flowlove (One of Nekonyan's license)). Then again, seeing that Nekonyan manage to secure Shinsou Noise (Owned by DMM) after a hard battle, perhaps someday we may see Nekonyan license this.
  • Speaking of stopped project, Pure x Connect is one after the translator deliver the patch for the prologue only. Currently apparently the translator has been translating Arisa's route, although it's hard to see seeing that the last update is from way back on July 2021. Of course though the translator can still continue this if they want, although as for now may as well treat it as stopped project. Oh yes as for Pure x Connect itself, the most obvious thing is that it has comedy like the other Smee VNs.
  • There's a minor controversy in regard of Hatsumira with the translator chose to translate the MC using some British slang, which obviously contrasting the setting with the MC himself is Japanese soldier in World War 2. While the premise here is like usual isekai, Hatsumira here has the MC not having usual superpower so at least it's sort of refreshing if you're tired of reading that kind of work. Also good for Frontwing that they finally translated this in that we finally have another (Still rare) isekai VN available in English.
  • I saw a screenshot in Maggot Bait with the poster mention that it's like Dies Irae, and considering that the writer did write Silverio (From the same company as Dies Irae) he obviously right on it. That said just because it's been written by the Silverio writer and that it has good story which Mangagamer CEO Kouryuu talked in his three videos (What Makes Us Human, Eros vs. Agape, Pure Love Story), it didn't mean that I can easily recommend this seeing that it from Clock Up and has several disturbing contents. By disturbing I mean several messed up sex scenes on top a whole lot of things, which to say quite a ton so much that Mangagamer did compile the contents in this blogpost. If anything else, the opening song here is really good with Clock Up hired overseas band to sang it.
  • Sakura no Uta here is definitely the most well received VN on 2015, although some did complain on how the characters just like to be horny or mentioning masturbation, or to be more seriously said on how several other parts are not quite polished. Anyway SCA-DI did mention the possibility to translate this, although so far none of it came of until now. If you're desperate for Sakura no Uta, well you can learn Spanish because it has full Spanish translation. There's also H2O translation project happen with the translator did work at good pace, and I mention H2O because one of the route is the prototype for Sakura no Uta, so at least you can get Sakura no Uta later in much smaller scale. It also has the sequel planned, and it was delayed again (Probably because of the tons of work).
  • Sanoba Witch premise is that the love that has started from masturbation, which make sense. For the reminder, the story is started from Shuuji saw Nene masturbate with the table, and the cause is that Nene was too horny because of the side effect of the witch contract. Which, again I would say that it's more like magical girl contract, with Yuzusoft clearly aware so much that Yuzusoft create the transformation scene coupled with the Alps (ie mentor mascot) and witch costume (ie magical girl costume). Sanoba here is available in English thanks to Nekonyan's work, and it's also the first Yuzusoft VN that officially available in English, which causing several more Yuzusoft VNs being licensed up to Cafe Stella (And possibly their newest work Tenshi Reboot).
  • I mentioned that Primal Hearts 2 (Translated by Shiravune) is the improvement compared to the first one, which is easy to see from how Marmalade did add Sprite Viewer and a side route, and more importantly in regard of the two main heroines setting (Alicetia and Usagi). Other than that, to be frank the premise is still the same as the first one. By the way in regard of Michi aka Bitch who didn't got the route (That some fans disappointed about it), I think it might be related to the contract in that her VA may have the deal to not doing the sex scene.
  • Rance 03 here definitely has stepped up compared to the previous two prequels, in that Rance will fight against an army who invade his acquaintance who happen to a be a princess who rule a nation. Mangagamer announced 03, although we don't know when it'll be released. For Evenicle, while generally people agree that the first is better than the second, I felt that Evenicle 2 beginning is better than the first one. That said, while the first has quite dubious beginning, it definitely easier than the second game with you can easily break the game by using items in the middle of battle with second did remove the ability to do so. Oh yes while we have the sequel, the first here is complete enough on it's own.
  • 3rd eye here really focused on the graphic with both of Sorcery Jokers and Raillore, especially with Raillore has HDD size 13.5 GB. Anyway in Sorcery Jokers we have both MC, with one of the MC is a cool criminal while the other one is 9th grade student with 10 years old mindset (His catchphrase is 'Not playing fair'). Both MCs are living in the magic city, and both will eventually deal with the suspicious things that happened beneath the city.
  • After several years of waiting, we finally have Morning Mist released, and with that now we have the trilogy completed in which it need almost five years to see it happen thanks to the very buggy engine of the trilogy itself. I don't have much to say here other than it has some nice graphic along with Unisonshift Blossom finally make a linear storyline after they tried it in Flyable Hearts, and the linear storyline approach here is obviously the better approach when making a trilogy compared to what we have in Grisaia.
  • Miagete here is definitely a nice release, in which it has good graphic and good story about friendship that has been ongoing since the childhood. It also help that Shimotsuki Haruka song here is very good, and that it has nice soundtrack. Unfortunately though it's been translated by Pulltop themselves, which obviously mean that the sex scenes will be removed with those scenes consist around 16-17% of the game script. Also unlike Konosora in which it finally has proper uncensor patch, so far there's still no proper uncensor patch for Miagete. Snow Ryujin currently working on the uncensor patch, although right now they're quite busy with the other stuff (ie Planetarian Snow Globe).

That's all for my (Very) belated comment on Getchu Awards 2015 here, and yeah once again times do wonder here.

Edited by littleshogun