Heey guys

I'm still somewhat new to all this VN and such, I have read them for some years, but sadly my japanese is nonexistent. I also do not know all that many sites to get info about VN and translation progress. I was hoping somebody knew something about the Grisaia series? The first one was from what I know fantranslated and the second was announced to be translated aswell as the third one. From what I have found, this was already back in 2013, so I would like to know if there is any progress on the matter? Any estimate of how long before a english patch for, in my case, the second comes out?

Have a nice day:) 

1 minute ago, Praha said:

Heey guys

I'm still somewhat new to all this VN and such, I have read them for some years, but sadly my japanese is nonexistent. I also do not know all that many sites to get info about VN and translation progress. I was hoping somebody knew something about the Grisaia series? The first one was from what I know fantranslated and the second was announced to be translated aswell as the third one. From what I have found, this was already back in 2013, so I would like to know if there is any progress on the matter? Any estimate of how long before a english patch for, in my case, the second comes out?

Have a nice day:) 

The first game was officially released, the second one is nearing completion.

There's not going to be any patch, the trilogy was licensed by Sekai Project and they're responsible for releasing the games in English.

I hear the 2nd one is close to completion though. There will be a censored version for sale on Steam and an uncensored version on Denpasoft so pick which one suits your interests the best.

17 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Oh, Meikyuu is already almost finished? Welp, good to know

Almost is a little vague. Last update was 75% completed TRANSLATION. So we dont know about any other things like editing etc. Hopefully it´s coming soon, but yeah, we dont have anything too specific yet.

53 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Grisaia no Kajitsu uncensored costs $39.99

Meikyuu is shorter though, so I'd say something around the $30 price tag.

Thank you very much:) I already played the first one though. Another question on that regard, where can I buy the games? I know of Mangagamer.com but it's not all that many games you can get in there:)

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Almost is a little vague. Last update was 75% completed TRANSLATION. So we dont know about any other things like editing etc. Hopefully it´s coming soon, but yeah, we dont have anything too specific yet.

Knowing Sekai Project, they'll probably take 2 months just to finish translation and another 5 months of editing. Hopefully it comes out sooner though. I'd like to play the entire trilogy.

2 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

Yes the wait seems eternal by now...though the hype hasn't gone down at all

I haven't really been all that hyped about it, I stumbled over that the anime came out and I was hoping for the VN so I searched a little around on the sites I knew. Didn't find much info though, so I didn't actually have any real congrete info before I found the kickstarter:) 

20 minutes ago, Praha said:

Btw. Since you guys seems to have some more reliable sources than I, do you know anything about Angel Beats translation? I know a fantranslation was started, but what about an official translation?

No news on Angel Beats localization.

Some attempts at translating started here and there but nothing's come out of them so far, probably because there's a chance it'll be licensed so no one's going to attempt to translate it and then risk getting a C&D.

If you want my opinion, AB 1st beat isn't really that great, the whole plot is copy and pasted from the anime, leaving very little room for original new content.

If you've watched the anime you pretty much already know everything that happens in the VN.

Hopefully the 2nd game, whenever it comes out, does better.

15 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

If you want my opinion, AB 1st beat isn't really that great, the whole plot is copy and pasted from the anime, leaving very little room for original new content.

If you've watched the anime you pretty much already know everything that happens in the VN.

Hopefully the 2nd game, whenever it comes out, does better.

Hmm, you might very well be right, but I still look forward to reading it, watched the anime tons of times already, by far my favorite anime:) The second game will be in 2017 I think. Pretty sure I read that somewhere, nothing I can say for sure or prove though:/