Tabletop Games

Tay

Bang! the card/board game is pretty fun rounds go pretty fast and you don't know who your allies are intill their dead :)

Also Pathfinder is fun for a role-playing game since it follows the DnD 3.5 rules , never really liked the new DnD 4 rules

I've never really played tabletop games, but I've been really wanting to get into them for the past few months. I love the idea about roleplaying with a group of people as an unique character that a GM/DM creates obstacles for.

Saying that, I don't really know anyone to do this with and there are no shops with this sort of thing where I live. I've heard of sites like roll20.net that you can join to roleplay with people online, but I don't really know how it works. Is there anyone on these forums that have roleplayed online before by using roll20.net? I've been trying to get into this type of gaming, but my friends are simply not interested. Are any of you interested in giving me some tips?

Another question I have is that for D&D which edition do you prefer? I was looking at the 4th edition a few days ago, and I was wondering which edition of the game I should get. Which is the most popular with people nowadays?

I used to play tabletop games with a group of high school classmates. The members were all over the place popularity and clique-wise, so it made for some refreshingly diverse role playing. We ended up disbanding after the DM started acting too creepy towards my friend and me (the only women), and I've not been able to find a good group since then. :/

Thrilled to see all the great new digital card games, though.

Hm, I'm playing tabletops a little bit too...

Our round started a couple years ago (2002 or so?) with DSA, more or less the german equivalent to D&D. Same GM for the whole campaign we played through, that poor guy... Took us only, uh, 5? years, with one meeting per week for 6h in general. Yeah, we tend to discuss what out characters plan to do too much ^^

After that it was some smaller systems, some beta testing for new systems (we know some people from the industry, helps with getting all those books sometimes cheaper ^^), and we tried our luck at the then new Starwars D20 and their official free campaign... Didn't do much of that one though.

Had a year of almost not meeting for tabletops then.

For the last two years it's now either Shadowrun (me as GM, waiting for the 5th edition ruleset now to get rid of those 4th ed broken rules) or Savage Worlds as Ruleset in our own open fantasy setting. Luckily I'm not the GM for that...

Oh, and every year on Halloween it's one evening of Call of Cthulhu.

Arkham Horror is btw great too, but starts to be a PITA when you play with 7 people and two to three of the big addons...

Any interesting card/board game you can suggest? Keep it simple pls

If you never tried Dominion, give it a shot. It's a deckbuilding board game. Simple rules, lots of strategies, tons of fun. Well, simple if you stick to the original game at first, because there are a billion extensions.