Mangagamer's new licensing survey

Down

1 hour ago, XReaper said:

*sigh* when do people quit looking at rankings, popular opinions & whatthefuck else superficially reason there is to hinder them from wishing for something to be licensed/ published they truly desire reading out of their own volution and not just because community-elder A said its been an awesome experience to him, but for something to appeal to ones own character/ personality/ interest. did we really become that hollow, always hating on anything mainstreamity-like, despite beeing tainted to our very core by cattle mentality? :/

What's wrong with wanting to read VNs top rated by hundreds/thousands of people? I don't understand, you wish for people to vote for some doujin titles instead, why? I like statictics, and I think when product is rated super high, let's take WA2 for example 90+/100 on EGS by hundreds of people, I think it have a way bigger chance to bring me way more enjoyment than some unknown doujin title. Other people think it's a masterpiece, I don't know is it? That's why I want to try it by myself (Well, I actually watched WA2 anime and it was fucking amazing.) Easy, I'll read I'll judge by myself.

17 minutes ago, Crayten said:

Voted for these 3 

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

Evenicle

Dies Irae

Would also welcome everything else from Alicesoft, Light and tone work's

I voted for the same, except I replaced Dies Irae with Erect!, simply because it'd be nice if they had a decent nukige, and I just can't see them getting Dies.  Still hoping Conjueror's gonna come through with Dies as his secret project, though  :kosame:

10 minutes ago, Maxel said:

What's wrong with wanting to read VNs top rated by hundreds/thousands of people? I don't understand, you wish for people to vote for some doujin titles instead, why? I like statictics, and I think when product is rated super high, let's take WA2 for example 90+/100 on EGS by hundreds of people, I think it have a way bigger chance to bring me way more enjoyment than some unknown doujin title. Other people think it's a masterpiece, I don't know is it? That's why I want to try it by myself (Well, I actually watched WA2 anime and it was fucking amazing.) Easy, I'll read I'll judge by myself.

there is nothing wrong with it, its most likely gonna be enjoyable at least when so many people think that its good, games doesnt get hyped for nothing, but a wise man once said to me.

"Find your own kamige"

17 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I voted for the same, except I replaced Dies Irae with Erect!, simply because it'd be nice if they had a decent nukige, and I just can't see them getting Dies.  Still hoping Conjueror's gonna come through with Dies as his secret project, though  :kosame:

They should have add a extra option for 1 or 2 nukige votes and this one would have the been the top choice for me - Oyako Rankan :kosame:

7 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I put in ... Wait for it ... :pyaa: <-- 

I also wrote Maggot baits :wahaha:

Come on Mangagamer! :makina:

trust me, it would have been in translation already if the crew that translated euphoria was in charge, we have been hyping it a lot on twitter lol

clockup fanboys unite!

Problem with these polls, is they are pretty much the equivalent to Steam Greenlight - people are gonna vote for shit that nobody actually wants, and instead just vote for ironic stuff. I mean, did you see the amount of garbage that ranked high on the "top 2015" list? Subjective tastes aside, Nukige shouldn't ever rank that high, in a age where you can find hentai pretty much anywhere you want on the net for free.

My votes went to:

Sayonara wo Oshiete (Probably the most unlikely, but I want it so bad)

Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia (Moonstone seems to have had some success with MG, so it's worth a shot)

Eromanga (More quality Clockup nukige? Yes please. Especially since this one has my second-favorite Hamashima art after euphoria)

Honestly, asking for the big stuff like Baldr or Dies seems like a waste to me. I'm pretty sure they already know people want that stuff. :amane:

never said you should all vote for doujinshi only
only wanting to read what others believe is great makes you basically a doll, that lacks an own opinion
there´s a fair chance of you beeing left disappointed by their choices, simply because NOONE takes the same liking in things as others do
never mentioned them 3 titles i voted for were of an uknown nature, which they arent by no fucking means
this whole shit has been addressed mostly at the one, who´s been dismissing non top rated, btw niche titles as inferior to those who are and keeps on blaming mg for decide publishing them instead of what he calls kamige, despite knowing most of their content only from hearsay.
going by the logic of his the upcoming fata morgana must be bad, because its negative aspects like 1) beeing from a small studio 2) pretty niche 3) non having much entertainment value to it in a modern way, outwight its positive ones (very highly rated etc) by a wide margin.

edit: pretty much the same goes for all the ones throwing the hate of theirs at mangagamer for their choice of working on haruka, which is a pretty retarded thing to do and must appear to alice-soft exactly as that. a retarded behaviour & unreasonable whining when getting offered to read the ultimate nukige, pretty highly rated and destined of selling more than well.

13 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Subjective tastes aside, Nukige shouldn't ever rank that high, in a age where you can find free animated hentai pretty much anywhere you want on the net.

There's probably a fair number of people that mainly or only buy nukiges. Not to mention being able to download H anime means very little if you prefer nukige over H anime. Plus, they don't necessarily actually vote for the VN they liked the most, rather than the VN the kind of which they want to see more licensed of. Meaning if someone, say, likes loli nukige, they might very well vote for that, even if they enjoyed a particular story VN more, simply because they can expect MG to license more of the latter in the future anyway.

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

This game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378790/

Me and Sanahtlig are convincing people over at the discussion forums not to buy this because all h-scenes have been removed and the game was actually all about the game over rape scenes and it makes up at least 50-60% of the game! Without it, this game is a merely a shadow of its former self..... heck not even that. It's completely butchered to death and there's absolutely no motivation to play it now. Debonosu was pretty good at the game over rape genre too and I don't know what they are embarrassed about. Such a wasted potential. Oh and no 18+ version is ever coming out according to them... <_< 

Looks like I got my wish. Also, that's stupid to do to a VN like that. Just release it somewhere else and include the rape scenes. That's just a waste right there :amane:

2 minutes ago, KuroganeHomura said:

There's probably a fair number of people that mainly or only buy nukiges. Not to mention being able to download H anime means very little if you prefer nukige over H anime. Plus, they don't necessarily actually vote for the VN they liked the most, rather than the VN the kind of which they want to see more licensed of. Meaning if someone, say, likes loli nukige, they might very well vote for that, even if they enjoyed a particular story VN more, simply because they can expect MG to license more of the latter in the future anyway.

Lies, that's alluding to the idea some people actually like the writing in those possible titles - and that I cannot believe. :makina:  Nobody goes into that genre to "read" it. The only possible allure I can imagine is the voiceacting that goes with it - otherwise, you can typically find all CGs for most nukiges anywhere on the net - sancom, sad panda, the booru's - you name it.

simply because they can expect MG to license more of the latter in the future anyway.

hahahaha....  No. 2015 was really the 1st year MG really tried to step outside its comfort zone (besides higurashi). If those story-rich titles do poorly, they'll huddle back into their safe territory.

45 minutes ago, Maxel said:

XReaper means is that if something is top rated, if you happen not to share the same opinion, you should vote for the VN you want.

In fact, don't even look at the current rankings of the top 50 VNs or whatever. Vote for the ones you.... personally.... would want to be localized. If any/all of them are Top 50 VN, fine, that's great. But if you are influenced by something because it's a "popular" opinion, then you should have no regrets if you do that. 

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

XReaper means is that if something is top rated, if you happen not to share the same opinion, you should vote for the VN you want.

In fact, don't even look at the current rankings of the top 50 VNs or whatever. Vote for the ones you.... personally.... would want to be localized. If any/all of them are Top 50 VN, fine, that's great. But if you are influenced by something because it's a "popular" opinion, then you should have no regrets if you do that. 

Who would be dumb enough to do something like that... ? That's just... I would like to vote for freaking Fortissimo/HoshiOri or ChuSinGura, but I could only submit 3 titles... instead of 20 I would be dying to play/read. Why Mangagamer, why? Let me put my 20 titles in xD I don't think there are many people who would just vote for titles, because the others are saying they're good, if I'm voting for something I'm checking it thoroughly.

13 minutes ago, Maxel said:

Who would be dumb enough to do something like that... ? That's just... I would like to vote for freaking Fortissimo/HoshiOri or ChuSinGura, but I could only submit 3 titles... instead of 20 I would be dying to play/read. Why Mangagamer, why? Let me put my 20 titles in xD I don't think there are many people who would just vote for titles, because the others are saying they're good, if I'm voting for something I'm checking it thoroughly.

They'd probably only pick 2 of them to go after. 20 titles is too much especially because of translation speed for some of them.

15 minutes ago, Maxel said:

Well it's natural human behavior to be a crowd follower/bandwagon jumper, so it's understandable.

Take for example the caucuses and primaries going on to become a presidential candidate in the United States. You know why they are such a big deal? Because history has shown that winning those early caucuses and primaries can build a candidates' momentum and help them win the overall election because people just tend to vote for a candidate who's on a hot streak. Same thing for popular VNs.

4 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Well it's natural human behavior to be a crowd follower/bandwagon jumper, so it's understandable.

Take for example the caucuses and primaries going on to become a presidential candidate in the United States. You know why they are such a big deal? Because history has shown that winning those early caucuses and primaries can build a candidates' momentum and help them win the overall election because people just tend to vote for a candidate who's on a hot streak. Same thing for popular VNs.

It still doesn't change the fact that the top 50/100 w/e title deserve to be there because well they are simply outstanding and thats why everyone including me want them in english. That has nothing to do with bandwagon or whatever. I just want to play the best VNs available.