Mangagamer's new licensing survey

Down

2 minutes ago, Crayten said:

It still doesnt change the fact that the top 50/100 w/e title deserve to be there because well they are simply outstanding and thats why everyone including me want them in english. That has nothing to do with bandwagon or whatever. I just want to play the best VNs available.

I didnt say not to vote for top 50 VNs. What I am pushing for is following your heart and not other people's opinions. Because people are easily persuaded/dissuaded because they are confused about what they really want and just follow the "majority".

12 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

I didnt say not to vote for top 50 VNs. What I am pushing for is following your heart and not other people's opinions. Because people are easily persuaded/dissuaded because they are confused about what they really want and just follow the "majority".

Some people are fine with that because they dont want delve deeper into the medium, read niche stuff or whatever and guess what? Thats also okay. Not everyone needs a super unique opinion to be happy and if someone only want to follow trends and badwagon as you call it let them.

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

I follow the majority because I trust the VN crowd. Also, I researched mine before voting so I'm not voting blindly.

59 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Maybe I wasn't clear with that statement. I meant skim through reviews and look up non spoiling info on them.

13 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Most summaries and synopsis in vndb are spoiler-free unless you literally click "show spoilers" on most of them. 

If you don't spoil yourself, you don't really know what you're asking for, do you? It's not much different from betting that that "untranslated overlord" knows what you'll enjoy.

5 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Lies, that's alluding to the idea some people actually like the writing in those possible titles - and that I cannot believe. :makina:  Nobody goes into that genre to "read" it. The only possible allure I can imagine is the voiceacting that goes with it - otherwise, you can typically find all CGs for most nukiges anywhere on the net - sancom, sad panda, the booru's - you name it.

hahahaha....  No. 2015 was really the 1st year MG really tried to step outside its comfort zone (besides higurashi). If those story-rich titles do poorly, they'll huddle back into their safe territory.

Uh, I do actually read nukige. Meaning yes, I like reading them. I know I'm by far not the only one who does. Just because they're not your thing doesn't mean it's impossible for other people to like them. How do you think the Japanese companies who produce them make a profit? Certainly not from those who just download the CGs.

I mean, I like good translations and I can't fathom why someone would read a machine translation. Or a horribly botched human translation, for that matter. And yet, there are unfortunately quite a few who will happily read those. In a way I guess it's not that surprising - eating shit is a fetish, too, after all.

Well, I guess you're right about the story-focused VNs. But then if they sell poorly, no matter of votes on a poll is gonna help I'd think.

I'm quite looking forward to the results/responses of the survey as a whole. I bet their nukige titles probably will have sold the most again but then a lot of them were in bundles so that is probably to be expected.

I listed the following 3.

Parfait ~ Chocolat Second Brew (I've had this physical copy of this game sitting in my room for ages and it would be nice to eventually actually be able to read it). 

Akatsuki no Goei - This sounds like the type of visual novel that would fit right in with Mangagamer's titles.

Harumade, Kururu - Sounds interesting especially if the genre does in fact completely change like I've been told.

I then did a list of runner-up games. 

Runner-ups: ChuSinGura 46 1, EvolimitAiyoku no Eustia, Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~, Hatsuyuki Sakura, Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai, Koiiro Soramoyou, Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku o, Scarlett, Tokeijikake no Ley Line - Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen , Tropical Kiss, Twinkle Crusaders, Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin, Hapymaher, Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no Eushully (general), Sakura no Uta, and Baldr Force

Just now, MercyZombie said:

And here's my list

I can dream, can't I? It could happen. At least Hikari no Valusia could.

Right? 

Maybe?

Don't pity me.

Let's be honest, most of these suggestions are dreams anyways. :makina:

7 hours ago, Silvz said:

Nobody voting for Dracu-Riot? :c

That would be silly because DR is outside of MG's territory.

edit: I suppose most people are just throwing pie-in-the-sky ideas at MG anyways instead of realistic ones (which isn't helpful to them at all, btw), but if you really want Dracu-Riot to be licensed then bug Sekai Project, not MangaGamer.

2 minutes ago, Decay said:

edit: I suppose most people are just throwing pie-in-the-sky ideas at MG anyways instead of realistic ones (which isn't helpful to them at all, btw), but if you really want Dracu-Riot to be licensed then bug Sekai Project, not MangaGamer.

But it's 18+ only... Maybe in 2020 if they'll port Tenshin Ranman properly and it sells. Unless they decide to make it Steam only, angrying the VN fans. I'll be pretty mad if that happens.

Ultimately, cutting out the h-scenes would be pretty easy in the large majority of Yuzusoft games. They'll have to do it themselves with everything other than Tenshin Ranman, but my experience is that when a western company does that, they leave in a lot more than when the original Japanese companies port to PSP/Vita. I guess it all depends on Tenshin Ranman's performance.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

I'm not sure how much whether a different publisher has licensed a game from a particular company before matters anymore, considering cases like Flowers, or Key releasing some titles independently instead of through SP. At most, the chances for very high profile titles like Fate, or ones with existing EN translations (because MG doesn't do Kickstarter) are slim, so suggesting those is indeed kind of pointless.

Suggesting a VN from a company MG has previously partnered with definitely has the highest chances of actually seeing the title licensed, but it's not like MG isn't pulling in new partners pretty regularly.

It is entirely possible that Navel is no longer interested in western releases. The way I've heard some people at MG talk about requests for Tsuriotsu makes it sound like it's not really possible for unexplained reasons. I could be reading too much into that.

I still put it on my list of three games.