Blade and Soul

Mugi

Might as well start up a topic for it since it was recently released. I've been waiting for this for years now..even though I get massive frame drops for god knows what reason

Anyways, what do you guys think of the game? Anyone else play it as well? If not, give it a try.

6 minutes ago, Ryechu said:

I play on Master Hong - max level summoner.  Ryechu, of course.

The story is honestly terrible and the voice acting is the same.  Everything else is fantastic though.

Do you (or anyone else) have a hard time keeping high FPS? I have a hard time keeping 60, which doesn't make sense since my specs are well over the recommended requirements. 

32 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Do you (or anyone else) have a hard time keeping high FPS? I have a hard time keeping 60, which doesn't make sense since my specs are well over the recommended requirements. 

I get a few FPS spikes every once in a while, but nothing more than any other MMO that has a large load to handle.  Probably something that needs to be patched sooner or later, but they can't pinpoint the exact issue.

4 minutes ago, Ryechu said:

I get a few FPS spikes every once in a while, but nothing more than any other MMO that has a large load to handle.  Probably something that needs to be patched sooner or later, but they can't pinpoint the exact issue.

Weird, my FPS is constantly fluctuating. Never had this problem with an MMO before, not even when running TERA on ultra.

1 minute ago, Mugi said:

Weird, my FPS is constantly fluctuating. Never had this problem with an MMO before, not even when running TERA on ultra.

I've done some playing, but have discovered that, even though I can play the game on ultra no problem, changing the settings to optimize for combat (there's a specific option for that) sacrifices a little of the beautiful background to alleviate some of the issues. It could be a rendering issue with something in the environment.

EDIT: I still get them every once in a while though, especially when loading into a busy zone.

I played this for a few hours and found it to be somewhat enjoyable. Unfortunately it's a generic on rails quest grind. It did however get me back into play Guild Wars 2. More MMOs need to learn from GW2. Not everyone wants to chase ! and ?. In fact I'm sure most people are sick of it.

2 hours ago, Codesterz said:

I played this for a few hours and found it to be somewhat enjoyable. Unfortunately it's a generic on rails quest grind. It did however get me back into play Guild Wars 2. More MMOs need to learn from GW2. Not everyone wants to chase ! and ?. In fact I'm sure most people are sick of it.

there are "unique" mmorpg's?

Just now, Justin579 said:

If there's one unique MMO I played, it would be Mabinogi (have been for the last 7 years) probably for the composition feature. Not a lot of games let you compose through the use of coding with MML (Music Markup Language).

3 minutes ago, Justin579 said:

I don't know if I would go so far as to call Guild Wars 2 unique. But it does manage to differentiate itself from the hordes of other MMOs. The game actually rewards exploration which is something few MMOs do. Most of the field maps have a hidden jump puzzle on them for you to find. The field maps feature meta events that pop up commonly for you to participate in if you want. Completing or failing to complete some of them can cause new events to pop up. There is one where a large amount of centaurs attack a town. Failing to defend it will cause an event to retake it to appear. There are some more traditional features like dungeons. Though even these have a bit of a spin on them. Each dungeon has a story mode and an exploration mode. In exploration the party can make a choice which will change the path you take in the dungeon and have different objectives you need to complete.

On Old Man Cho, don't play that much, no time. I love the visuals and game play though, and personally I enjoy the voice acting, it reminds me of really bad 90's dubbed Kung Fu movies.

I would like to add if you aren't in it for the PVP general consensus is don't bother with this game, wait for something else.

I had been looking forward to it for a few years, so I was looking forward to it.  I had played a bit on the Taiwan servers about a year ago with an English patch but stopped when I reached quests that weren't translated.  Having now played the NA version to level 20 off and on since realease I have to say that I am bored out of my mind.  I'm not sure I want to play anymore.

1 hour ago, finiteHP said:

I had been looking forward to it for a few years, so I was looking forward to it.  I had played a bit on the Taiwan servers about a year ago with an English patch but stopped when I reached quests that weren't translated.  Having now played the NA version to level 20 off and on since realease I have to say that I am bored out of my mind.  I'm not sure I want to play anymore.

that is the same for every single mmorpg for me cannot get into it. longest one I played was probably ffxiv

My fps is always close to or above 60 fps, the combat is fluid, the graphics are awesome, Kung fu, large PVP community. I have very much enjoyed my experience so far. If you were expecting anything other than PVP then I can imagsca why you would be let down. The plarrbase to my knowledge on a global scale is PVP oriented. Either grind through PVP or grind through PVE, doesn't matter as long as I get to kick some ass in PVP.

9 hours ago, Loodee said:

The English voice acting is pretty harsh listening too, is what I've gathered

2 hours ago, Keaton said:

In between the bad optimization, the terrible voice acting, and the horrific queue times I couldn't stand playing this game for more than a day. Maybe I will give it another try if the FPS issue is fixed and the queues.

Uh ya I didn't even play the game and can see that. I previewed the voices and holy shit it's bad. And the queue.... Wtf? No wonder pc games gave it a 54%

• 4 weeks later...