Hi there

kivkiv

Heyho, kivkiv here

I already lurking around here for few months, but I just made an ID today since I think it'll be nice to chat with you guys

Let me share my experience, I first met a VN is more like conceidence, since that time I don't have anything to do after graduating from junior HS

At that time I already grew tired of manga and anime (most of it is ecchi though) and I try to search something to good to kill my boredom

Soon, in this some places, I found something called "visual novel", and some of famous title already adapted into anime (such as F/SN)

A question grew in my train of thought, so I tried to ask uncle google about it.

Allright, after few articles, this "VN" piqued my interest, I wonder if it'll be suit my taste... so I tried to search a recomendation VN for beginner, and found one

I decided that I'll start with short VN that'll save my bandwith. (screw my ISP... my download speed at that time only 40-50 KBps)

After few search, I got this VN called Yume Miru Kusuri, and Saya no Uta

Those two was actually my first title... but I finished SnU first and give up on YMK halfway, since dark story+loli is aweessooooome (and this is what make me a fans of Urobutcher :3)

Since that, I played many VNs that listed on beginner list (mostly english patched) until now... and just a few while ago I started to play RAW VN (madou koukaku in this case) Since I think I already played completed and good english translated titles.

Geh... this introduction become a long post :P

I'm not a native speaker, sorry if I talked with broken english

And I hope we get along

Hiya kivkiv! I'm Ragnar Matryoshka (You can call me Ragnar)

Welcome to FUWANOVEL

It's nice when there is another loli lover join the Fuwanovel forum xD

If you already finished looking around the forum, you can join the IRC.

it's a fun place to chat with other members.

Wow you can play a raw VN? Your japanese must be very good

It's a pleasure to meet you.

Welcome to Fuwanovel ^^

I envy you so much for being able to play original VNs, I'd like to be able to do that soon, but I know my VN backlog would go up and up and up xD

Hope you have fun around here

hey welcome

i think i started reading raw VNs in 2010...? but originally i had to rely on english patch as well

did u learn japanese yourself or in class?

welcome

Hiya kivkiv! I'm Ragnar Matryoshka (You can call me Ragnar)

Welcome to FUWANOVEL

It's nice when there is another loli lover join the Fuwanovel forum xD

If you already finished looking around the forum, you can join the IRC.

it's a fun place to chat with other members.

Wow you can play a raw VN? Your japanese must be very good

It's a pleasure to meet you.

Hi ragnar.

lol, but I'm still picky about loli char

Maybe not today for IRC, since I'll often go outside with my friends

Not really, I still very very slow (really slow) in reading RAW, and mostly I used mecab to read kanji

Welcome to Fuwanovel ^^

I envy you so much for being able to play original VNs, I'd like to be able to do that soon, but I know my VN backlog would go up and up and up xD

Hope you have fun around here

Actually I have about 100+ titles in my backlog :P (most of it still japanese though)

So currently I read RAW VN which my friends played so I can ask for help

Nice to meet'cha

Welcome to Fuwanovel! Hope you enjoy your stay with us here!

Yoroshiku na~

hey welcome

i think i started reading raw VNs in 2010...? but originally i had to rely on english patch as well

did u learn japanese yourself or in class?

welcome

Hi there

I can't always rely on english patch, since most titles that got translated and piqued my interest have already read by me

So from now I tried starting to read RAW, but still using mecab+TA though...

I learn japanese mostly by myself since I don't have money to attend class beside the one I had in school

I'm still learning, and I have looo~ng way so I can read RAW without TA

well i actually had an advantage because i did 2 semesters of JP at uni, but i used this method to grind through the kanji (the kanji is the hardest part!)

http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2013/02/how-to-read-visual-novels-in-japanese-in-2-years-time-or-1-year-if-you-are-fast-%E2%80%95-learn-to-read-through-vn-or-anime/

but bcuz im chinese as well so i could read some chinese characters already so that helped greatly

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope you enjoy it here!

Hey, Welcome!

Kinda strange to say welcome since you lurk in the forum for months hahaha, anyway, glad to have you here!

Hey Hey Hey Welcome to the forums kivkiv

Hope you enjoy with this community :)/>

It's nice to know you guys :)

I hope we'll get along eventhough I'll rarely come with my schedule atm

Welcome aboard Kivi-san!

...wait...you play RAW VNs? By the Emperor! I envy you my boy...my Japanese knowledge is so limited that I consider it nonexistent =(

W-Who is Kivi-san... :blink:

I'm still a noob in japanese... so I don't think my skill is better

Wahoo! Welcome! Glad you found us : )

Your English is great, btw! How long have you been studying?

Studying english? or Japanese?

Ah well, I'll just answer for both

I study english mostly from the game (pokemon is my first teacher XD), and it's already more than 7 years ago I think

For now, I study english mostly from talking with you guys and another people in international forum like this, also read translated light novel

For Japanese... I just studied it recently, about 2 years ago because of school.

But I haven't studying it seriously since what's the teachers teach pretty easy...

At least at that time I got basic like hiragana, katakana, and few kanji

Also I know some basic structure and standard vocabs

I think I'll study jap again since most latest released game always piqued my interest

Hi & welcome to the forums!

That's great that you're already challenging yourself with raw Japanese VN :o/>

I'm sure your Japanese will improve super quickly~

Yup, I hope so... since I pretty much will use it in the future.