Need recommendations based on my likings

Skyleft

What the title says. I've really liked most of the VN I've played, and I need more.

I searched enough to say that I don't know what I should try now, so I hope to get some good recommendations here.

It's not been a lot, but most of the VNs I've read have been sci-fi, and I'm looking for more of them, my ratings so far have been:

Ever17: 8.5

Remember11: 8

999: 8

VLR: 8.5

I/O: 7.5

Steins;Gate: 8

Danganronpa 1/2: 7

Not trying to argue with my opinions, they're just a reference for what I like.

I'm not really looking for romance VNs right now as I have enough with anime and I know what to try whenever I feel like going with that.

2 minutes ago, Ainz said:

Chaos;Head, Umineko, Higurashi, Phenomeno? You should probably check these, I read same stuff you read and I enjoyed the ones mentioned. 

Thanks, a while ago I watched the higurashi anime, and I really didn't like it. 

I assume the VN is better, do things change a lot, should I try it even if I've watched the anme?

I've heard lots of good things about Umineko, so going back, do I have to read the higurashi VN in order to understand Umineko, since it's apparently its sequel?

1 minute ago, Skyleft said:

Thanks, a while ago I watched the higurashi anime, and I really didn't like it. 

I assume the VN is better, do things change a lot, should I try it even if I've watched the anme?

I've heard lots of good things about Umineko, so going back, do I have to read the higurashi VN in order to understand Umineko, since it's apparently its sequel?

It's pretty much similar except VN has more SoL stuff.  Umineko is in same universe as higurashi but they don't have any connections except one or two lines makes reference to it so you are good to go. :D