[Spoiler] Sharin no Kuni's Event Chronology Questions

Yamikin

Hello everyone, I've recently finished reading Sharin no Kuni, and I have some doubts (regarding the succession of events in the past) I'd like to clear:

As I understood we have:

1.Kenichi, Ririko and Saborou live together in the town.

2.Ririko goes to study in the city where she meets Touka and Kyouko (Ririko will eventually leave).

3.Kenichi meets Natsumi and becomes her friend.

4.Kenichi becomes friend with Isono and Sachi too.

5.The revolution starts.

6.Kenichi runs away and some time later he meets Houzuki.

7.Kenichi starts studying to become a Special High Class Individual.

Here are my doubts:

1) Kenichi and everyone else refers at the time of the revolution as "7 years ago", but it is stated that the revolution itself lasted for over a year thanks to Saburou's efforts. So, did the revolution start 7 years ago and ended one year later, making 6 years ago the time of Kenichi's run-away; or did it actually start 8 years ago, making the time of the running 7 years ago?

2) At a certain point, Houzuki claims that he kept Saburou in prison for 5 years before killing him. So, was Saburou still alive after the revolution ended, while Kenichi was being trained? Or what?

3) How many years ago did Ririko leave town to study? How many years did she stay at university? When did she leave, parting from Touka and Kyouko? Touka says that they have last seen each other 10 years ago, so I suppose it was around that time that she left the city, but what did she do between that time and the time the revolution started?

4) How much time passed between Ririko leaving the town and Kenichi becoming friends with Natsumi, and how much from then until the revolution's start?

I don't know, I have some big confusion inside my head. Some questions may be stupid, maybe I didn't pay attention to certain details, maybe I didn't read certain passages carefully.

Hope you can help me with this!

15 minutes ago, visualnovelfan said:

There is an additional game that I believe takes place before Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo. I think it is called Sharin no Kuni Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo.

https://vndb.org/v84

It might answer some of your questions.

I'm actually playing it, but unfortunately it takes place a lot before the "time of my doubts"

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

a lot of your questions are answered in that fan disc, so keep reading it and you will understand many things.

Are you sure? I mean, the fandisc takes place when Saburou is still having his last exam, how does it manage to explain things happening more than 20 years later? The epilogues are, instead, in the future, then how? I don't care about spoilers or whatever, I just want to understand things, or else it won't let my mind rest (I hate this defect of mine).

• 4 weeks later...

Did you finished that fandisk? Did it answered your questions? Was it good, worth reading?

Oh, screw it - can somebody spoil me whole 'main route' of fandisc? I have no streght to read it but I'm curios what is it about, the girl, the drama, the backstory, everything. As simple as possible please. ;)

25 minutes ago, Scorp said:

Having in mind your comment about "worst VN I've read" - I doubt it would be worth reading for you. That's a fan disc for fans, who want to know more about Houzuki and how Kenichi lived his life with girls.

I don't care about fan servicy routes. I just want to know what is going on in this 'main' route. ;) Cause it's to painfull to read it myself. :P