null

Makudomi

You know, I was going to brush this off as "just another attempt at copying a typical Japanese setting", but I really like the spin you put in the initial premise in which the characters are actually trying to learn about Japan and the Japanese language and culture and you seem to want the player to experience that feel as well. If you don't half ass things, I think this has potential to be a fun and informative visual novel.

I look forward to seeing future updates on this and wish you good luck in completing the project!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice sprite-work indeed

It does show some promise

The premise seems interesting, I'd say

The BGM sounds rather good, I especially love the Main Menu theme

The character designs look rather dullish, but I think it fits the mood of the game, as I have previously stated

I don't have much time on my hands, but I can help this project with some proofreading and by giving critical opinions to ultimately releasing a better product in the end

Keep up the good work

10 minutes ago, Makudomi said:

Finally I can reply to you, @Arcadeotic. :P With the forum going down over and over it took quite some time.

But yeah, thanks for your kind words and feedback! I think our character designs may actually be expanded a bit depending on user feedback from the first demo release.

We're more than welcome to accept your help, regarding beta-ing the game. I'd rather not impose on you, of course, but over the next two weeks I might well need someone unrelated to the project to read over the script when it's been inputted in Python with images and BGM. How does that sound?

Sounds fine to me

• 3 weeks later...

As has been said many times before now (partially due to me being extremely late to the party), I really like the idea behind this, particularly as I'm a bit of a sucker for anything language based. Unfortunately I'm not much of a writer and I have the drawing abilities of a 5 year old so I have no services to offer (:komari:) but I'm definitely interested to see where this one goes. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, Makudomi said:

Happy, uh, day after April Fool's Day, everyone. April is off to a good (and possibly sleep-deprived) start. The GUI we'll be using for our first demo has almost completely come together, and as a result, we can show a few screenshots. Hurray!

gOmdFYo.jpg

rL4W2dl.jpg

Haha, no worries. The support alone that we've received means the world to me! Thanks for the kind words. :)

And yeah, our dev team's founding members (myself, my cowriter and our sprite artist) all have a background in both English and Japanese as well as a general interest in linguistics, so it was a natural choice. We're striving to do our best at painting a realistic picture of Japan, its culture and the Japanese language.

Looks great, looking forward to more

This looks interesting, i'll definitely look forward to the demo when it comes out. I'd have to say Takami is the cutest girl in my eyes.:wub:

Listened to some of the BGM, while not amazing, it's pretty nice to listen to.

The character designs are good for my eyes to look at so no problems with that either, pretty moe.:P 

I've got one thing to say though, the game is supposed to be like 5-8 hours long right and you have 6 heroines, how are you going to build them up as characters, with so many girls in the story their routes might end too short for people to start caring about them. If the common route doesn't drag on for too long that might be a solution, what are you thoughts, have you guys worked out how the branching routes will go. If this is a romance I want it to be a romance I can invest in.

37 minutes ago, Makudomi said:

Oh, funny to see you here, Leaf. :P I'm flattered that you're interested in our game!! (And yes, Takami is strongest grill. Believe in the freckles!)

To answer your question, I think that I should probably add a bit more detail to the OP if this was unclear to you: The estimate of "5-8 hours" is the expectation for one single playthrough's worth. Without giving away any details, you can expect roughly this from the game:

Common Route: 1.5~ Hours

Common Route A, B, C: 1.5~ Hours each

Heroine Route: 5~ Hours each

The game is structured in a way that the Common Route, while fairly short, has three individual stories that it branches into. Each of those stories then branches into one of two girls' routes. Adding all of this up -- and this is just a rough estimate, given that we're still writing the Common Route itself -- we get 1.5+3(1.5)+6(5), for a grand total of 36 hours to 100% the game. I'm confident that, within this time frame, we'll be able flesh out the heroines sufficiently, so please don't worry on that end.

Thank you for your feedback, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Oh I see now, this makes things more clear to me now, thank you. Getting over the common route like that would leave more time for the heroine routes, pretty clever. I guess I want to ask how the writing part is doing so far, which characters are you working on right now.

• Makudomi changed the title to null