Greatest Visual Novels of All Time

VirginSmasher

8 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

why exactly 120 yen?  from all the vns that read that one is the weakest that Kataoka wrote imo (to be fair it wasnt even a game itself at the beginning)

i like slice of life short stories, reminds me of aria or dubliners.

On 1/26/2016 at 0:45 PM, Dergonu said:

Hey, its your subjective opinion that matters. If it wasn't, this list would be "the top 5 VNs fo all time according to the parts of fuwanovel that chose the right VN." :makina:

Indeed, when it comes to vn's subjectivity is important when you make lists because it's not about which is the objective best but which you enjoyed the most..it doesn't matter if 90% of the people hate it..if you love it then put it on your list and be happy with it, that's what i do :sachi:

1 hour ago, DarkZedge said:

Indeed, when it comes to vn's subjectivity is important when you make lists because it's not about which is the objective best but which you enjoyed the most..it doesn't matter if 90% of the people hate it..if you love it then put it on your list and be happy with it, that's what i do :sachi:

Yes, exactly my point. More people should have this attitude. You shouldn't be afraid of liking the things you like. Be honest about it! Everyone No one will crucify you for it. :sachi:

2 hours ago, Maxel said:

1. Sakura Swim

2. Sakura Beach

3. Sakura Santa

4. Sakura Angels

5. Sakura Steam

Sakura games won all the awards. I'll edit it later, it might be better to create separate lists for JP readers and ENG readers.

Yeah. I'm probably gonna do that. Also, I'll never in my entire life ever add a Sakura Game to the best of anything, not even the best fanservice because a hell of a lot of VNs are willing to take the eroge route while these VNs (other than Sakura Swim Club) are just cocktease garbage.

Also, I know this list is a joke, but whenever somebody mentions the Sakura series, I get angry.

1 minute ago, Arcadeotic said:

JP-only titles time:

1. Hoshizora no Memoria ~Eternal Heart~

2. Shiei no Sona-Nyl

3. Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o

4. Irotoridori no Sekai

5. Koi x Shin Ai Kanojo

Pretty sure you've already voted Miagete and Irotoidori. I'm still including that you can't vote the same VN twice. Other than that, I'll add those other three.

Hmm, hard to choose, but I'll go with (Japanese):

5)  Haruka no Aogi, Urawashi no

4)  Air

3)  Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu

2)  ChuSinGuRa 46+1

1)  Giniro

Some runners up include:

Kimi to Boku to no Kishi no Hibi, OukaSetsuei, Symphonic Rain, something (pretty much anything) from August, Purple, or Caramel Box (especially Yarukibako fandisc's Moonlight Diner short story)... So much good stuff out there.

Just now, Toranth said:

Hmm, hard to choose, but I'll go with (Japanese):

5)  Haruka no Aogi, Urawashi no

4)  Air

3)  Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu

2)  ChuSinGuRa 46+1

1)  Giniro

Some runners up include:

Kimi to Boku to no Kishi no Hibi, OukaSetsuei, Symphonic Rain, something (pretty much anything) from August, Purple, or Caramel Box (especially Yarukibako fandisc's Moonlight Diner short story)... So much good stuff out there.

Air is already translated. Why would you put that on the Japanese list?

1 minute ago, VirginSmasher said:

Air is already translated. Why would you put that on the Japanese list?

Because a) I'd forgotten, and b) now that you mention it, I remember being rather contemptuous of the translation.  But if you wanted to put it into the English list as a vote, fine.