FREE VN Sprite Artist Looking for Work!

MikomiKisomi

Hello! This is MikomiKisomi, and for a limited time I'll be offering my sprite work for free! That's right, I'll draw sprites for a limited amount of games for free!

Here are a few examples of my sprites: (more on down)

example_sprites_by_mikomikisomi-d9p87ec.

☛ Why are you doing this for free?
 I'd like to offer my art services to other devs who can't draw or can't pay for it. Helping people make VNs is really fun to me, so giving my art to good projects makes me happy.

☛ What's the catch?
There, of course, are a few catches to getting free art.

• The game must be near completion/you will actually finish the game. We all know the stories of would-be devs coming up with fantastical stories but can't program, draw, write, or anything, and thus create a team to make their ideas come to life, only to never see past the first page of the script. If I put forth the work to make sprites for a game, I'd like it to see daylight.
  • I must like the character designs. Assuming I won't be designing all the characters (which is discussable), I have to like the character designs. I'm not very picky, but I'll tend to not want to draw for projects that I can't draw for in the first place- I can't draw big chested guys, but I am very partial to characters with frilly/magical designs.
  • You must credit my deviantART page. Everyone likes credit, right? So all I ask is to put a hyperlink to my dA page in the credits. If you don't like putting hyperlinks in your games, then on the Itch.io page or elsewhere is fine.

TL;DR- Make sure you'll actually publish your game, have non-bara or ecchi character designs, and credit me... Not too much to ask for. Now, onto what the finished product will look like!

Cell + Gradient Sprites
These are my normal sprites, so I have a lot more experience drawing them. Find more examples here and on my Itch.io page.

oriontalk_by_mikomikisomi-d9i86j6.pngnovaunsure_by_mikomikisomi-d9i86k7.pngs_talk_by_mikomikisomi-d9p89ma.pngso_smile_by_mikomikisomi-d9p89j7.png

Chibi Sprites
This is a new style I made for cuter projects. I am more likely to accept games that want this style because I want to work on this one more!

f_smile_by_mikomikisomi-d9p8a1o.pngm_casualtalk_by_mikomikisomi-d9p8a1v.pngt_talk_by_mikomikisomi-d9pbnfv.png

☛ What Else do we Need to Know?
Here's some more technical stuff about my sprites:

• These sprites can be used for commercial and non-commercial projects. I require no revenue, royalties, or anything monetary.
  • I want to work on smaller projects, i.e. projects with around 5-6 characters. If your project needs more, we'll discuss it.
  • I will only draw one outfit and one pose per sprite. However, all of my regular sprites (not the chibi ones) come with 8 expressions, 4 talking and 4 non. If more is needed, we'll talk about it.
  • I can design characters for your projects- however, I'd like to not have to design all the characters and do all the sprite work unless I extremely like the project.
  • I am more willing to work on projects with themes such as magical girls or princesses.

Please comment here with the basic plot of your game and some character designs if interested!
Please need no more than 6-8 sprites per project. If you need character designs, the limit is 4-5, depending on how much I want to design the characters.

Hi!

I'm a programmer with some writing experience, but I'm terrible at art. Since collaborations are always so difficult, I decided to make my own engine. I recently released it (https://creaga.com) and I'm now looking for some one to collaborate with, and publish a small project.

Programming: I'm doing all of it, I made the engine, and I will add features if we need them
Credit: You get credit to as many of your and other people's sites you like. Your DA and more. A) on the project page, and B) one link the credit page of the platform. Links are pure (none of this rel=nofolow shit).
Money: We can make an account in your name and publish it as your game. As the creator, most of any donations made will likely go to you (donator's decision, see FAQ).
Writing: I'm decent at writing, and great at coming up with stuff on the fly. I can get you a script for a story + the first scenes within a few days, if that is a concern.
Art: I'm afraid I can't make any of that, I am 100% reliant on other people (you? :)) to make characters & backgrounds. I hope you are up for that.

What I have in mind: ~5 minutes of play time to begin with, with a small and interesting story. Let's just finish this and see if the collab works out. We can add chapters if all goes well, actually finishing it is the most important. As for the story/setting, I'm very much willing to cater to your interests if that motivates you to draw. I really just want to create something nice in a relatively short time.

Welp, I guess that covers the basics. If you're serious about a collaboration, reply, PM me, or post on the Creaga forums, whatever ye like :).

On 2/3/2016 at 1:25 PM, Soflar said:

Hi!

I'm a programmer with some writing experience, but I'm terrible at art. Since collaborations are always so difficult, I decided to make my own engine. I recently released it (https://creaga.com) and I'm now looking for some one to collaborate with, and publish a small project.

Programming: I'm doing all of it, I made the engine, and I will add features if we need them
Credit: You get credit to as many of your and other people's sites you like. Your DA and more. A) on the project page, and B) one link the credit page of the platform. Links are pure (none of this rel=nofolow shit).
Money: We can make an account in your name and publish it as your game. As the creator, most of any donations made will likely go to you (donator's decision, see FAQ).
Writing: I'm decent at writing, and great at coming up with stuff on the fly. I can get you a script for a story + the first scenes within a few days, if that is a concern.
Art: I'm afraid I can't make any of that, I am 100% reliant on other people (you? :)) to make characters & backgrounds. I hope you are up for that.

What I have in mind: ~5 minutes of play time to begin with, with a small and interesting story. Let's just finish this and see if the collab works out. We can add chapters if all goes well, actually finishing it is the most important. As for the story/setting, I'm very much willing to cater to your interests if that motivates you to draw. I really just want to create something nice in a relatively short time.

Welp, I guess that covers the basics. If you're serious about a collaboration, reply, PM me, or post on the Creaga forums, whatever ye like :).

Honestly, I'm just here to provide sprite art. If you can find a BG artist, I'm all game. Also, I don't care much about money at this point in time.