VNs with the best romance routes?

InvertMouse

1 hour ago, InvertMouse said:

Thanks for all the replies! A lot of titles to possibly look up. What about Princess Evangeline? That would be a recent title that seems to feature plenty of romance and can be purchased on platforms like Steam. Anyone played it and got some thoughts to share?

It's pretty good. PE's main value is in H-scenes if you ask me, though, I found the rest of it fairly boring. But then again I'm not exactly a fan of moege.

2 hours ago, InvertMouse said:

Thanks for all the replies! A lot of titles to possibly look up. What about Princess Evangeline? That would be a recent title that seems to feature plenty of romance and can be purchased on platforms like Steam. Anyone played it and got some thoughts to share?

It was....ok at best, not worth the 50 hours it takes to go through it imo. The quality of CGs were great but, not exactly amazing on the whole romance thing like you want.

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai comes to mind... it doesn't fit my tastes personally, but for romance it is a decent choice.

Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no is a good choice for a different reason.  All the routes are teacher-student relationships, but the romance is generally deep and touching.

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

What's so good about them?

Great thread BTW. My hype for 'ef' raised very high right now. 

It's just my personal opinion, as a vanilla fan. It actually feels like a gentle act and not your typical "protag gets on top of the heroine whether she likes it or not".

Although if we only consider Moonstone games' H-scene quality, https://vndb.org/v16069 is even better due to the art style (untranslated though).

Since someone recommended Princess Evangile, I'd recommend Noble Works. It's better than PE in almost every way, imo, plus those animated sprites... once you see those, you wouldnt want to go back to the frozen tuna ones... It's definitely much more interactive and "alive". 

Romance and setting are also pretty similar to PE and the protagonist is your typical jack of all trades guy who knows a lot because of "part time jobs".