Bunny Black 2 Early Impressions and Helpful Info

EcchiOujisama

So apparently the damage % items stack. So I can equip like 5 of the same staff/necklace for the 200%+ magic/element bonus just magic nuke my way to victory? Kinda overpowered killing everything in a single spell. xD

Oh and it seems like the cheat engine works on the EXP also, so you can literally just track the address, set the EXP left till level up to 1, then you pretty much get an instant level up every battle, hehehe ^_^ Say goodbye to pointless grinding. 

32 minutes ago, EcchiOujisama said:

@CeruleanGamerI don't know about evading everything, but you could probably evade most attacks if you put enough into evade.  The highest evade item I have so far only gives +8, so if you're going to spam it enough you'll get more than you could through any item.  I suspect some of the attacks from bosses in the Gate of Guidance and the last boss can't be avoided no matter what, but for most normal attacks can probably be avoided.  OTOH, once I got my defense to around 60 almost nothing outside of those boss attacks was hitting for more than 1HP of damage anyway.  

For the skills at different levels issue, see the wiki:

http://softhousechara.wikia.com/wiki/Bunny_Black_2/Skills

Holy crap.... level 60 for the best heal spell. Hmmm, shouldn't be too bad now that I know how to mod EXPs in cheat engine.

A bit on those healing spells.  I had 2 fairies, and only gave 1 of them the spell to heal an ally to full HP.  If you let the AI have high cost healing spells your MP will disappear at an incredible rate.   Be careful with going too crazy with Cheat Engine if you want to have anything resembling the genuine Bunny Black 2 experience.  When I cleared Overlord I had Darx at 43, a hydragon at 37, a goliath at 38, Filliane and 2 fairies at 40.  If you go to 60 the only challenge in the game will be going slow enough not to miss half the story.

Quite right, the effects of items are cumulative.  Surprisingly I found that the slashing items created more powerful attacks than the fire items, even when the fire items had a much higher % increase. 

I'm seeing a lot of the events I missed come at the beginning of Castle Baldaquin.  I'm going to recommend just going in and coming right back until you clear out all of the events.   Even if you make a half-hearted attempt to get through the dungeon you'll beat it before you see them all.

2 hours ago, EcchiOujisama said:

A bit on those healing spells.  I had 2 fairies, and only gave 1 of them the spell to heal an ally to full HP.  If you let the AI have high cost healing spells your MP will disappear at an incredible rate.   Be careful with going too crazy with Cheat Engine if you want to have anything resembling the genuine Bunny Black 2 experience.  When I cleared Overlord I had Darx at 43, a hydragon at 37, a goliath at 38, Filliane and 2 fairies at 40.  If you go to 60 the only challenge in the game will be going slow enough not to miss half the story.

Quite right, the effects of items are cumulative.  Surprisingly I found that the slashing items created more powerful attacks than the fire items, even when the fire items had a much higher % increase. 

I'm seeing a lot of the events I missed come at the beginning of Castle Baldaquin.  I'm going to recommend just going in and coming right back until you clear out all of the events.   Even if you make a half-hearted attempt to get through the dungeon you'll beat it before you see them all.

Don't Fairies have green circle Discipline? Meaning you can actually choose their moves and targets as opposed to Triangle disciplines that only have general commands (attack, defend, support, escape, etc) or units with X disciplines that don't follow your orders at all. So having the most powerful heal moves don't really hurt as long as the unit has a green circle discipline and you properly assign orders.

The 3 slots of preloaded orders are so darn useful they save a lot of time so I don't have to manually select targets whenever I need to heal. You should use it if you haven't yet.

Oh and I'm not really going all out with the cheat engine. I'm getting rid mostly of the grind leveling new recruits because leveling them from level 1 and putting them on the back row can take forever considering back row units don't really get the full EXP amount.

I have 2 fairies, and cleared the game with them, and still can't give them more specific orders than to attack a specific row, defend, support a row, etc.  I used them for support which generally got me attacks with healing spells when needed, but the judgement of which healing spell left something to be desired.  When it comes to Healing Touch or Benediction, the AI makes the choice opposite of what I would prefer more than half of the time.  It gives unneeded Benedictions and cheaps out with Healing Touch when Benediction would have been far more appropriate (and prevent someone from getting taken out in that round of fighting).   It's fairy cockblocking on a level I haven't seen since the Legend of Zelda cartoon that used to moonlight for the Super Mario Bros Super Show on Fridays.

The O Knight has X discipline and I can't give him any orders, but the way he slices the crap out of everything twice per turn makes up for it.

+1 to the programmable orders.  It's super convenient.

4 minutes ago, EcchiOujisama said:

I have 2 fairies, and cleared the game with them, and still can't give them more specific orders than to attack a specific row, defend, support a row, etc.  I used them for support which generally got me attacks with healing spells when needed, but the judgement of which healing spell left something to be desired.  When it comes to Healing Touch or Benediction, the AI makes the choice opposite of what I would prefer more than half of the time.  It gives unneeded Benedictions and cheaps out with Healing Touch when Benediction would have been far more appropriate (and prevent someone from getting taken out in that round of fighting).   It's fairy cockblocking on a level I haven't seen since the Legend of Zelda cartoon that used to moonlight for the Super Mario Bros Super Show on Fridays.

The O Knight has X discipline and I can't give him any orders, but the way he slices the crap out of everything twice per turn makes up for it.

+1 to the programmable orders.  It's super convenient.

That's weird. My other green circle discipline units especially the ones you can't fire (like Aly or Filliane) can select any target and move. I never used a Fairy before because my Marialis and Darx seem to take care of all my healing needs without problems. I'll see what other green circle units like Fairy where you can't select a move. They should have been tagged blue circle discipline instead if they work this way. Must be error on the translator's part? 

There's no way to put a positive spin on it compared to the original.  It's simply an inferior game.  The original was energizing and captivating.  I could never wait to see what would happen next.  This one just feels flat.  The pacing is much slower thanks to the game being primarily composed of several long dungeons.  Rather than being given the story between small accomplishments, even if they're just silly repetitive jobs from Rakia, it now comes in pieces when you retreat back to your castle to heal.  The sense of adventure and never knowing what was next are gone as you figure out where the whole game is generally going relatively early.  

The long dungeons wore on me after awhile.  Moreso than the first time I talked about it.  Toward the end I was more looking forward to it being over than to feel the accomplishment of completing it.  Trying to go back to do the events I missed, even with far more NG+ benefits than the original, feels like a chore rather than something fun and awesome like it did with the first one.

I can't really recommend importing BB1 data for anyone on the fence with this game.  Overlord brings all of the games flaws to the forefront and makes them worse in hindsight.  Normal seems like the way to go.  If anyone wants to use my save to have a party that should easily crush the game on normal just to go through the story I'll upload my save data.

If you've read this thread you already know everything that sucks about this game.  If that doesn't put you off enough to say no outright, you should still play it.  You already know not to expect the same quality as the original, and that is what hurt it the most.  It's a barely adequate sequel to a great game.

Having just added BB2 to my VNDB entry I'll note that most people enjoyed this one more than I did.  Out of 103 votes, 99 people rated it higher and no one rated it lower.  You should probably use me as the barometer for pessimism on this one.  

Yeah I prefer the short dungeon floor setups like in BB1. I like the character interaction while walking though. It does make it feel more interactive, like the girls saying: "Darx-sama why are you grabbing my butt?" Darx is like, "Don't worry about it." Simple skits like that put a smile on my face. Plus being a huge fetishist, I like that there are a lot of foreplay, vanilla, rough sex, torture, loli, 3P h-scenes all around every time you rest, visit the prison or go to Rakia's shop, so it fulfills my desire for nukige no problem. ^_^ 

I am also fond of the stat system because it's a lot more simplified. While it takes away some some customization, it now rewards you in battle for exploiting enemy weaknesses and working on your party's strengths. 

3 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

I haven't played the first one and when i asked around more people were telling me not to play it than the ones telling me to actually do so, what do you guys think?

Know what you are going to get and its pretty good.

I finished Bunny Black 1 , its not bad.

Will you get frustrated with theses games ? Yes.

Is there Rape? Tons .

Will you forget to save and have to backtrack and drive you mad ? Probably.

Will the Randomness of the RNG Combat screw you over ? Yep .

Having said that and getting mad at bullshit like enemies that lucky one-shot your minions . I put 12+hrs into this game and I'm still going till I finish .

If you want in on the Story play the first one , or wait for someone to make a censored let's play and watch it on youtube.

3 hours ago, I-played-on-deathmode said:

Is there any way to boost Total Command Points besides reinvesting? I'm playing the game without any hack/assist.

Honestly I downloaded this game and Bought Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam yesterday and I'm actually way more interested in the story of Bunny Black 2. LOL.

Nope.  Your choices are to hand over your money or cheat.  There are 1 or 2 events in the story that also raise command a few points, but the design is to buy command via reinvestment.

I conquered Gate of Guidance and there's a way leading to Celestia. Is there a way to actually go there? :D Maid keeps blocking my way and gives me an instant game over if I say I want to go 3 times. 

That place was a pain in the ass.... seriously. I just ran away like from all the battles, :wahaha: 

11 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

I conquered Gate of Guidance and there's a way leading to Celestia. Is there a way to actually go there? :D Maid keeps blocking my way and gives me an instant game over if I say I want to go 3 times. 

That place was a pain in the ass.... seriously. I just ran away like from all the battles, :wahaha: 

Good to know it wasn't just me on that place.  I have no idea how anyone could have play tested that and thought it was the least bit fun.  

That conversation about a trip to Celestia appears to be nothing more than an attempt to induce murderous rage from people who haven't saved their game.  I thought it might have been a neat NG+ bonus at first but there are no maps for it on Chaosmemo and no mention of a way to get there on the Softhouse Chara Wiki.  And the premise of BB3 is based on those no good Celestials sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, so Darx can't go rape and conquer all of them just yet.  Perhaps if enough people buy Bunny Black 3 and complain about the long dungeons in BB2 and 3 we'll have one hell of a raping, pillaging and plundering invasion in BB4...

So apparently beating the game awards anyone in the party after the final boss fight a red clear badge and a clear star. The reserves (ones not in the party) get only the clear star. More clear stars you have the better discipline your hireable units will have. Not sure if it has any effect on named units like Marialis or Filliane since you can always issue orders and targets for them anyway. Maybe it makes them smarter or stronger in some way, shape, or form?

So you can get Onyx Knight up to blue circle discipline so it can actually be ordered around. Now theres actually some motivation to level up these generics and make it much easier to tackle Overlord difficulty on the next playthrough.

Also I think around level 70 or 80 or so is more than enough to cap all stats to 99 and HP/SP to 999. So theres actually no point to get level 99 if you want to max out. Level 60 if you want the best aoe heal spell but most units dont learn this anyway.

Oh other things I found out after beating the game.

- The red clear badge is not awarded to generic/hireable units if they died during the final boss fight (the very last one in the 2-part series of it). Named units still get this even when they die however.

- Maki and Liz's clear stars reset to 0 if you have Bunny Black 1 in the same location as Bunny Black 2. To make sure their clear stars carry over, move Bunny Black 1 folder to another location/directory different from Bunny Black 2's. 

- Your Command Points carry over except the 2 command points you get for "conquering" Filliane and Marialis and bringing them over to your side. The command point cap is 99. 

Hmm...what you're saying contradicts my experience a bit.

I had Filliane in my party during the last boss fight and she did not get a badge or a star.  However, everyone I hired who was not in the party and Marialis got a star.

I have Bunny Black 1 and 2 in different directories.  Liz and Maki's stats reset for me.  Mine are in the default install directories.  Did you move Bunny Black 1 out of Program Files?

16 minutes ago, EcchiOujisama said:

Hmm...what you're saying contradicts my experience a bit.

I had Filliane in my party during the last boss fight and she did not get a badge or a star.  However, everyone I hired who was not in the party and Marialis got a star.

I have Bunny Black 1 and 2 in different directories.  Liz and Maki's stats reset for me.  Mine are in the default install directories.  Did you move Bunny Black 1 out of Program Files?

Nope, I installed them on my external hard drive, in the same folder. 

I got Liz and Maki keep/get their stars when I separated the games.

Filliane was on my final boss party too and she got a badge when I cleared it. I'm on my 2nd playthrough atm. I am working on getting every unit including generics to green discipline. Possibly a clear badge too. I can somewhat measure it and can do a speed run of the game in less than 4 hours so it shouldn't be too bad. Just need to turn on cheat engine, get infinite SGP and buy a lot of "Avoid random encounters" buffs to speed through it.

Basically, up to 11 units can get the red clear badge (your 6 front rows and 5 back rows) per playthrough and everyone (your party, your reserves, temporary units like Shia and Meryl) in that playthrough gets 1 clear star no matter what, assuming your game isn't broken or files aren't all over the place. o_0

I wish you could load in combat. I'm on the book boss and if it randomly resists the first round of spells which aren't even cast at it (like it normally does) it's not worth playing the fight out but it still takes several rotations for my party to die.

30 minutes ago, okok said:

I wish you could load in combat. I'm on the book boss and if it randomly resists the first round of spells which aren't even cast at it (like it normally does) it's not worth playing the fight out but it still takes several rotations for my party to die.

Final boss is easy as cake.... An absolute joke compared to Cuvar from Bunny Black 1.

Equip and stack your strongest hats so you have 100% magic defense. When you do this, all his dangerous spells will only deal 1 damage (0 if the unit has Anticipation) and you only have to worry about his Striking moves which doesn't really hurt as much and only hits 3 people or so, so it's easy to heal up. This magic defense stacking strategy also applies to the boss just before the final boss fight. 

From that description I'm pretty sure @okokis talking about the optional fight on Flame of Valor 5F.  This is a nasty battle at this point in the game if you're not highly overleveled.  Jon doesn't warn you about danger for nothing.  The main problem you face is that there are so many backup units.  Get some spells that hit all enemies and wipe them all out before backups can take their place.  If you beat the 9 enemies in front of you before the round ends it doesn't matter how many units the enemy has in reserve, you still win.  It doesn't go away so you could alternatively come back later and stomp it when you're stronger.      

In some situations it's faster to quit the game and load than it is to wait for the battle to end once it hits the point of hopelessness. 

I decided to power through it and got it cleared the second time yesterday.  Aside from a second star on units that have cleared the game a second time there is no apparent additional bonus for doing so.  

There is a helpful Cheat Engine script that works with the English version, for those so inclined.

http://everyone.loves.this.forum.gamehacking.software/viewtopic.php?t=587365&sid=8d7f30d98e959ed60f4efea25c10b9e1