Bunny Black 2 Early Impressions and Helpful Info

EcchiOujisama

Hmm that was easy doing a manual byte search. 

If anyone wants to make Darx overpowered in Bunny Black 2, you can use Cheat Engine to find this 4 Byte address: 0B2DA76C

If the game gets too hard, this allows you to modify his skill points so you can pump up on stats and whatever skill you want. 

Cheat responsibly. :wahaha: 

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Hmm that was easy doing a manual byte search. 

If anyone wants to make Darx overpowered in Bunny Black 2, you can use Cheat Engine to find this 4 Byte address: 0B2DA76C

If the game gets too hard, this allows you to modify his skill points so you can pump up on stats and whatever skill you want. 

Cheat responsibly. :wahaha: 

What do I do to scan that? Put in the value box and scan it? Do I need to check the Hex box? Or any other options?

6 hours ago, Mugi said:

What do I do to scan that? Put in the value box and scan it? Do I need to check the Hex box? Or any other options?

Here you go. Just open the bunny black 2 process from the cheat engine and go to Manage Units in-game to load up the values. I did a scan on Liz, Maki, and Moetan (special Ent unit) also. Not sure how the recruitable/disposable units work, so this is the least I could do for now.  I just started the game yesterday, so I'll work on it as I go. 

EDIT: Apparently addresses change every time you reload the game so the cheat engine table from before will not work.... 

Bread (the money in BB, loaves or slices not specified) would be good to add to the table.  All of the investments will take tens of millions.  

According to the Wiki the last buyable units are released at the 250,000 investment, but according to Aroduc at Seiha Translations the last buyable unit is unlocked with the 400,000 investment.

I'm not sure yet, but if you map 100% of a floor it looks like there's a chance it will still be mapped in NG+.   100% maps are viewable in the extras option from the game's main menu, even before you clear the game the first time.  Here's hoping.

The Gate of Guidance is an optional dungeon, basically this game's version of Losers' Paradise.  While it isn't quite as long, in some ways it's actually worse than LP.  After going up a few floors you get hammered and hammered HARD.  Both in quantity of random encounters, and how nasty they are.  Too many of them are fights again 15 units with backups, some of which can hit your entire party.  Some of those are the random random encounters, not even the guys you can see on the map.   Fair warning - when Darx complains about it it's about to get even worse.  15 floors, plus the 16th floor is a megafloor that is the size of 13 floors.  There are book pages and other goodies worth getting, but so far this place is a bitch and a half without cheating.  

I still have 3 dungeons to go plus the last floor of the bonus dungeon, but so far there is no Shia or Forze in your party.  There is a time when you control Koze, although she coincidentally has the exact same everything as Darx.  

Spoiler

After a certain event in the story Darx will start to hallucinate about fucking Koze, and 3P with Forze and Koze.  Not sure how much of there is in total, but there are H scenes between Darx and Koze.  

A warning in how you distribute your points between different attributes.  There is an unavoidable boss battle in Path of Light.  He attacks twice per turn and can hit your whole party.  A little testing showed that if your total defense between stats and items isn't around 60 he'll just use a technique that hits everyone and wipe you out.   

4 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

https://www.mediafire.com/?nkfeyv5ancr7a37

Here you go. Just open the bunny black 2 process from the cheat engine and go to Manage Units in-game to load up the values. I did a scan on Liz, Maki, and Moetan (special Ent unit) also. Not sure how the recruitable/disposable units work, so this is the least I could do for now.  I just started the game yesterday, so I'll work on it as I go. 

What happens if the values don't load? I opened up till Darx's skill point page, and nothing happened. Am I missing a step?

By the way, appreciate this! 

56 minutes ago, Hackrabbits said:

What happens if the values don't load? I opened up till Darx's skill point page, and nothing happened. Am I missing a step?

By the way, appreciate this! 

Yeah that's weird. It seems something is off. I reloaded the game and the values don't seem to load now. 

Tried running it on administrator too and Japanese locale. So the addresses reset/change every time you reload the game? Never seen this before :pyaa:

Just now, CeruleanGamer said:

Yeah that's weird. It seems something is off. I reloaded the game and the values don't seem to load now. 

Tried running it on administrator too and Japanese locale. So the addresses reset/change every time you reload the game? Never seen this before :pyaa:

My opportunity to become an overpowered overlord with a harem is......  :pyaa:

Is it hard to set up the values yourself? 

8 minutes ago, Hackrabbits said:

My opportunity to become an overpowered overlord with a harem is......  :pyaa:

Is it hard to set up the values yourself? 

Not really. It's kinda simple actually. Let's say you have 15 skill points on Darx. Type 15 on the value box and click on "First Scan". 

Now spend the skill point. Let's say you spent 1 skill point, that's 14 now. Type 14 on the value this time and click "Next Scan". It should narrow down the address results to only 2 or 3 vs 100+ from the first scan. Click each address and change them to test and see.

If it does nothing to the in-game values, make sure to revert it to the original value. 

20 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Not really. It's kinda simple actually. Let's say you have 15 skill points on Darx. Type 15 on the value box and click on "First Scan". 

Now spend the skill point. Let's say you spent 1 skill point, that's 14 now. Type 14 on the value this time and click "Next Scan". It should narrow down the address results to only 2 or 3 vs 100+ from the first scan. Click each address and change them to test and see.

If it does nothing to the in-game values, make sure to revert it to the original value. 

I couldn't do anything about the skill points since I just started, so decided on trying to get rich, and...

Spoiler

ELIaZO9.jpg

Thanks based CeruleanGamer

8 hours ago, Hackrabbits said:

I couldn't do anything about the skill points since I just started, so decided on trying to get rich, and...

Reveal hidden contents

ELIaZO9.jpg

Thanks based CeruleanGamer

How did you do that? because I have no idea how to use the cheat engine and no idea how to make money in bunny black 2. In the first game it was simple enough but in this one I am barely making any and I just want to cheat the money so I can do the invest thing and max my command so I can make the team I really want, then I won't mind the damn grind as much. 

Let me start by saying I was a huge fan of Bunny Black 1.

Honestly I'm retarded , I thought they removed the skill building system of in the game . I pretty much played 5hrs of the game and beat the first commander without investing in any skillpoints while leveling. 

The whole time I was like , wow this game is really beyond godly hard. It wasn't so much the individual battles , I just felt I needed to head back to rest like every 3-4 fights. 

/facepalm. 

How to modify money using cheat engine. 

1. Download cheat engine here: http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

2. Make sure to configure your anti-virus or firewall not to block it or disable these temporarily.

3. Open it then open Bunny Black 2

4. Go to Cheat Engine and click the PC icon with the magnifying glass on it (it should say: Select a process to open). Select Bunny2 English, exe

5. Go to the game. See how much money you have.

6. Go back to Cheat Engine. Enter that value on the Value Box. Click "New Scan". A bunch of addresses should pop on the left. If your money is a big enough and complex of a number, it should return only 1-2 address results.

7. Buy or sell something in the game to change the value. See if any of the addresses change and reflect that new value as well. If there's a lot, type that new number in the value box and click "Next Scan". It should return 1 address only if done right.

8. Click the only address on the left to send it to the bottom. Click the value field for that address and modify it to whatever you want. 

9. ???

10. Profit. 

18 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

How to modify money using cheat engine. 

1. Download cheat engine here: http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

2. Make sure to configure your anti-virus or firewall not to block it or disable these temporarily.

3. Open it then open Bunny Black 2

4. Go to Cheat Engine and click the PC icon with the magnifying glass on it (it should say: Select a process to open). Select Bunny2 English, exe

5. Go to the game. See how much money you have.

6. Go back to Cheat Engine. Enter that value on the Value Box. Click "New Scan". A bunch of addresses should pop on the left. If your money is a big enough and complex of a number, it should return only 1-2 address results.

7. Buy or sell something in the game to change the value. See if any of the addresses change and reflect that new value as well. If there's a lot, type that new number in the value box and click "Next Scan". It should return 1 address only if done right.

8. Click the only address on the left to send it to the bottom. Click the value field for that address and modify it to whatever you want. 

9. ???

10. Profit. 

Thank you very much

33 minutes ago, I-played-on-deathmode said:

Let me start by saying I was a huge fan of Bunny Black 1.

Honestly I'm retarded , I thought they removed the skill building system of in the game . I pretty much played 5hrs of the game and beat the first commander without investing in any skillpoints while leveling. 

The whole time I was like , wow this game is really beyond godly hard. It wasn't so much the individual battles , I just felt I needed to head back to rest like every 3-4 fights. 

/facepalm. 

One thing I do like with the new system is no more usage limit on skills. It wasn't fun only using 5 Hailstorms in bunny black 1, but now I can use them maybe like 20+ times because SP is plentiful and the SP costs of skills are super cheap. 

Also, try Overlord difficulty if you're confident. Fighting level 50+ enemies from the start is so fun. Hahaha ^_^

5 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

One thing I do like with the new system is no more usage limit on skills. It wasn't fun only using 5 Hailstorms in bunny black 1, but now I can use them maybe like 20+ times because SP is plentiful and the SP costs of skills are super cheap. 

Also, try Overlord difficulty if you're confident. Fighting level 50+ enemies from the start is so fun. Hahaha ^_^

Are any of the specific elemental damage resistance worth investing into?

9 minutes ago, I-played-on-deathmode said:

Are any of the specific elemental damage resistance worth investing into?

For tanks, I would invest a single aoe attack and the rest elemental resistance skills. Other than that, it's better to spread your skill coverage and have various elemental attacks. Because elemental damage bonus is easily exploitable in the game. Also, if you decide to use Swords, only use party members that have slashing damage, Bows for ranged attack party members, Staves for magic attack party members etc. 

7 minutes ago, KirbyRawr said:

Btw does the attack stat raise magic damage? If not what does? 

Yeah stats are simplified this time, attack affects any type of attack may it be slashing, smashing, range, or magic. Defense as well.

Evade affects evasion which is basically avoiding attacks (any type including magic) so you take no damage. Speed is turn order. 

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Wait you can actually choose difficulty? is that available in NG+ or with the save from BB1 mentioned before?

More random info for you guys!

I finally got through both of the bosses in Gate of Guidance yesterday.  These are nasty fights.  Both of them attack 3 times per turn and can hit your whole party or kill/nearly kill a character in a single turn.    My party's levels are 36-42 and the lowest defense anyone had after bonuses has was 87.  I customized items to maximize defense and still couldn't get through these fights without someone biting the bullet.

If you are going to map the 16th floor to 100% and/or get the treasure do that BEFORE you go fight the boss in District L.  The boss (and the treasure) respawns as soon as you leave the screen.  I figured these boss fights were a 1 time only deal and spent my SGP on revives.  Bad move.  After mapping the whole place and finding that boss was back I couldn't win the fight a second time and had to backtrack all the way through the place after squeaking by the boss on floor 15.  

When you go through the last door in the Baldaquin Courtyard, follow it through to the end of Castle Baldaquin and beat the boss, you are now locked into doing the endgame and can't go back to any of the previous dungeons, so plan accordingly.

The yellow enemies on the 5th and 6th floors of Baldaquin Tower are the best source of EXP in the game.  Too bad it's beyond the point of no return.  These fights fork over 2600 EXP each, more than 10 times other random encounters in the area.

The Citadel Spear is another optional dungeon.  It involves a lot of fighting relative to the its meager floor space and contains book pages.  

Once you touch the door on the 6th floor of Baldaquin Tower you can return to that door from your castle, so no worries there.  If anything, make sure you do to see events and have the option to use more characters.

For NG+ purposes you do not have to have your hired monsters survive the last battle in order to keep them.  They just need to be in your party or in reserve, not waiting for you to rebuy them after they are killed.  I cleared all maps to 100% and your on screen maps carry over!  Fuck yeah.  They are tinted until you walk on those spaces again so you can tell the difference between the map and where you've been on that playthrough. 

It's apparently even easier to miss events than I thought, as I was trying to go slow and still only got 83%.  

@yetisphereAs I previously noted in the thread, if you do NG+ from a BB1 save the game forces you to do Overlord difficulty.  You can choose a lower difficulty after you beat the game.

The wiki did a poor job of explaining how investments work, but the total cost of all upgrades is 9,000,000, not the final upgrade costing 9,000,000.  At that point you will have 60 command, which I believe is the absolute maximum in this one.

Wonder if theres a way to 100% evade everything. I am building my Darx just pure evade and while it's unreliable in the beginning, it's starting to get a bit better. I have him at 60 Evade so far and he almost never gets hit by anything even leveled or weaker.

Also whats the last level where you stop learning new skills? Right now I am fully invested in raising stats rather than learning skills because better versions come up and I dont wanna waste skill points if Im gonna learn a stronger version of the move later on...

It turns out 60 wasn't enough command to put everyone I wanted in my party, so I used the power of Cheat Engine to change it!  After beating Overlord without cheating I deserve it. (^_^)V  It's a very simple modification in Cheat Engine, change the value at address 0B0DCDE8 to whatever you want your command to be.  The game will only display up to 99, but a little binary math tells me that means the lowest theoretical maximum value you could have is 127.  

Something that surprisingly does not carry over is ability to buy units of certain conquered enemies that are unlocked throughout the game, like distas, hylfs, etc.  If you want one or two, buy them after you do the sidequest.

I am loving the way Miss Horn preemptively kills everything in her path.  Thinking about picking up 2 more.  

@CeruleanGamerI don't know about evading everything, but you could probably evade most attacks if you put enough into evade.  The highest evade item I have so far only gives +8, so if you're going to spam it enough you'll get more than you could through any item.  I suspect some of the attacks from bosses in the Gate of Guidance and the last boss can't be avoided no matter what, but for most normal attacks can probably be avoided.  OTOH, once I got my defense to around 60 almost nothing outside of those boss attacks was hitting for more than 1HP of damage anyway.  

For the skills at different levels issue, see the wiki:

http://softhousechara.wikia.com/wiki/Bunny_Black_2/Skills