Kara No Shoujo single play through acceptable?

InvertMouse

3 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

How much longer is second Kara? They're in different tiers on vndb (30-50, opposed to 10-30).

In a review I read it was estimated to be about 2 - 3 times longer. While 3 times longer sounds a bit too much for me, 2 times could be. To be accurate we'd have to know the script sizes of both VN's.

9 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

In a review I read it was estimated to be about 2 - 3 times longer. While 3 times longer sounds a bit too much for me, 2 times could be. To be accurate we'd have to know the script sizes of both VN's.

I found this:
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=VN/Eroge_Script_sizes

Cartagra - 19k lines, 0.8MB

Kara1 - 29k, 1MB

Kara 2 - 38k, 1.5MB.

Although I don't know how much reliable this site is.

Those numbers seem fairly small when compared to other games of similar script file size. But those three use the same game engine and should be more or less useful in comparing those three games' size. What I'm saying is that I'll buy KnS2 being 50% larger than the first, that feels about right to me.

8 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

I found this:
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=VN/Eroge_Script_sizes

Cartagra - 19k lines, 0.8MB

Kara1 - 29k, 1MB

Kara 2 - 38k, 1.5MB.

Although I don't know how much reliable this site is.

Yes, about 50% bigger sounds accurate. Great site by the way, I didn't know TLWiki had such a long list of script sizes for visual novels.

23 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

While Kara no Shoujo 1 certainly had it's flaws, I've no idea in what way its brilliant web of madness with all its connected murderers and master minds should be inferior to Kara no Shojo 2's... (Heavy spoiler!!!)

Well, I agree in the part about the culprit/s in KnS2 - it was really lame. But everything else is superior - music, voice (Reiji have a voice!), GFX are just amazing and the pace of the game is much better - in KnS1 it was really forced in last game part, was really so unnatural (means the probabilities, like murderer 100% will take any random person and this would be person you spoke with just 15 minutes ago) so I stopped believing in that. KnS2 is muuuch better in that aspect.

29 minutes ago, Scorp said:

Well, I agree in the part about the culprit/s in KnS2 - it was really lame. But everything else is superior - music, voice (Reiji have a voice!), GFX are just amazing and the pace of the game is much better - in KnS1 it was really forced in last game part, was really so unnatural (means the probabilities, like murderer 100% will take any random person and this would be person you spoke with just 15 minutes ago) so I stopped believing in that. KnS2 is muuuch better in that aspect.

Yeah, KnS got a bit too gory for its own good towards the end, even if it somehow at least did fit to the whole madness theme. But the final resolutions were still great.

Production values in KnS2 were pretty good, no dout about that, but I found the final story arc in KnS2 around Yukiko's 'soul consuming' much harder to believe. Actually, I don't even consider it reality anymore, it's already fantasy. And everyone being related to each other at the end like in a big soap opera wasn't particular believable either.

10 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Yeah, KnS got a bit too gory for its own good towards the end, even if it somehow at least did fit to the whole madness theme. But the final resolutions were still great.

Production values in KnS2 were pretty good, no dout about that, but I found the final story arc in KnS2 around Yukiko's 'soul consuming' much harder to believe. Actually, I don't even consider it reality anymore, it's already fantasy. And everyone being related to each other at the end like in a big soap opera wasn't particular believable either.

I mean not gory, but the non-reasonable events. Whole second part of KnS1 is the tapestry of one ridiculous murder of school girls after another. And no one sees anyone - that's just great. In KnS2 most of people are from same village, so why not. Also in KnS1 is same - everyone related to everyone in same soap opera manner, so I assume it is trademark of the series - bollywood madness :)

On 1/28/2016 at 8:55 PM, Scorp said:

I just started and after 30 minutes of KnS2 I am like 'AAAAARGHHHHH, why is this SOOO GOOD?!' :D Backgroungs, CGs, voices, music, BACKGROUNDS, amosphere, winter, BACKGROUNDS! What a piece of ART! I hope story delivers....

Spoiler

Yukiko's personality consuming is not something literal, I guess.  She is mad, she has psychological issues, and although it doesn not occur like she stealing someone's personality, SHE, as a sick person, starts mimicking the others personality. It is just that, a sickness. Since she loves so much who she kills, she simply start acting like the other person, believing that she is them.

It is the same as people who have two or more personalities

Edited by Down
spoilers ffs