Kira Kira true ending question. SPOILERS

Mugi

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

I didn't exactly know where i read it, but it was bugging me so i had to check. She was pretty much a prostitute for a.. well how long it was is entirely unknown, but i believe it was short.

Reveal hidden contents

hh2FVnn.png

I feel like that was more about her lying to you, and the nature of the job in general. Then again, that route turns Kira Kira into an utsuge, so I still wouldn't be surprise if she had to go through with it.

I think her mother would be overreacting if it was only about lying. She had a reason for that. What i think happened is that her father whored her out, and then he regretted it so badly that he committed suicide and tried taking his family with him. And also the period excuse in the true end is a pointer that things are going to be different this time. But i guess it wouldn't hurt if stuff was explained and not only vaguely implied.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is a really old topic, but I just finished Kira Kira (all routes) and since I have nothing better to do, I thought I'd clarify what happened.

Normal Ending: Maejima talks to Kirari outside her house but is basically only told that she's been offered a new, better paying job that she will do in order to pay off the debt. The fire happens sometime shortly after that, but we aren't told exactly when.

True Ending: Maejima talks to Kirari outside her house and is told about the fact that it's a prostitution job and that she's going to start the next day. However, she gets her period (or at least says she does, but it's probably true considering she doesn't really have any reason to lie about it since she's already decided to start working) and tells the new "employer", resulting in her not having to start work until five days later. On the day she's supposed to start, her father tries to commit suicide, making her miss her first work day to be with him in the hospital. Her father then dies after cutting his wrist there, and after that the family manages to settle the debt and receive welfare, meaning Kirari never had to work as a prostitute.

Conclusion: I assume she got her period in both routes and thus were able to postpone working for another five days, so whether or not she ever worked as a prostitute in the Normal Ending really depends on how soon after her and Maejima's talk the fire happens. If it was within those five days, it would probably mean she never got the chance to work in the Normal Ending either. The stuff her mother says about not thinking badly of Kirari and whatnot might just be an apology because Kirari decided not to tell Maejima about what her new job entails.

Anyway, I thought the whole thing was pretty stupid. They could have easily solved it all by doing what they later did after Kirari's father died, or by talking to Sarina, but they decided against either of those out of pride. It is utterly ridiculous that they figure turning Kirari into a prostitute is less shameful than asking a friend for help or turning to the welfare system.