Conjueror's Untranslated Visual Novel Tournament [Discussion]

Maxel

1 minute ago, FinalChaos said:

Now this is a real tragedy    :komari:

I'm slowly losing what little faith I had in humanity.........    

You'll probably lose a lot more when Fate/Extra beats the winner and basically makes the tournament null because it wasn't even in the tournament in the first place.

9 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

You'll probably lose a lot more when Fate/Extra beats the winner and basically makes the tournament null because it wasn't even in the tournament in the first place.

Well there it's intended to be as such.

That poll's (TM vs all) existence is basically to show how niche the vn community is and can unfortunately get easily beaten by fanboys of a single popular serie. 

Dies Irae only a little ahead underdog, Baldr Sky.

I voted for Dies Irae, because here in Fuwanovel we circle-jerk the hyped stuff we never read. The big guy. The mighty chuunige overlord. The one who's already on top of the VN world.

If you admire such qualities and like being a meanie to Old Man Rooke, you too should vote for Dies Irae. :)

On 3/11/2016 at 8:04 AM, Kawasumi said:

lol the last bracket "type-moon vs. visual novels" so its basically /r/go, /r/type-moon and /r/fatestaynight against everybody else kek. 

I voted for CCC over Mahoyo just to piss them off  :sachi:

Voting for Dies because it interests me the most and I want to made Rooke sad.  I love learning about WW2 and love chuuni; it's like this VN was made for me  :sachi:

Did I post the Sachi emote enough?

:sachi::sachi::sachi::sachi::sachi:

To be honest, both these series deserve to be in the finals. I prefer Dies Irae because it interests me slightly more than Baldr Sky and also the fact that Baldr Sky eliminated Muramasa.

Basically, vote for Dies Irae or you're not on the right hype train. The Dies Irae hype train is the only right hype train.

dies irae is more than just a chuuni vn, the philosophy about life the whole predestination behind the plot is probably the best thing it has, I mean just read the intro and you are "THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!"

I dont like the "every character has this weird character representing them and they have to say some random German poetry every time they fight" it sounds cool but I don't like it, it also turns the reading almost impossible at times :P  just like in KKK they start saying some random Buddhist chanting old stuff. (masada is known for doing this kind of stuff)

4 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

dies irae is more than just a chuuni vn, the philosophy about life the whole predestination behind the plot is probably the best thing it has, I mean just read the intro and you are THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

I dont like the "every character has this weird character representing them and they have to say some random German poetry every time they fight" it sounds cool but I don't like it, it also turns the reading almost impossible at times :P  just like in KKK they start saying some random Buddhist chanting old stuff. (masada is known for doing this kind of stuff)

I would be like THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! if I could actually read it. :kosame:

18 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I would be like THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! if I could actually read it. :kosame:

this guy translated the first part (i think it's the whole prologue cant remember) but watch the intro video (mercurius' speech)

Spoiler

EDIT: either he is gareblogs or he copied his translation :P  
EDIT2: he gave credits to gareblogs on the video xD

11 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

this guy translated the first part (i think it's the whole prologue cant remember) but watch the intro video (mercurius' speech)

Hidden Content

EDIT: either he is gareblogs or he copied his translation :P  

Just watched it. It was awesome. Can't wait to hopefully read it in Japanese or possibly in English.

4 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

yeah I think that Conjueror's secret translation project is in fact Dies irae :ph34r: but dont quote me on that :P

I think it's most likely Eustia, but we won't know until the announcement. :sachi:

19 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

well but those parts are a bit spoilerish  :P  and yeah I think that Conjueror's secret translation project is in fact Dies irae :ph34r: but dont quote me on that :P 

Whoops, my bad.  I'd be super hyped if he was TL'ing Dies Irae, though.  I'd throw money at that so hard.  Probably even be willing to spend $60, and I'm stingy as hell when in comes to VNs and games.

I think gare did the TL of the prologue, because that's all I can find.

21 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Whoops, my bad.  I'd be super hyped if he was TL'ing Dies Irae, though.  I'd throw money at that so hard.  Probably even be willing to spend $60, and I'm stingy as hell when in comes to VNs and games.

I think gare did the TL of the prologue, because that's all I can find.

I think that's all he did too. There are translations of certain scenes on Youtube, but I think Gare has done the most work when it comes to translating parts of Dies Irae.

1 minute ago, Maxel said:

Dies Irae and Baldr Sky, both managed to get into TOP10 in Mangagamer poll, both are in the final. Hype is big for both of them. 

A bit sad about Baldr losing, but with opponent like Dies, it have nothing to be ashamed of.

It did manage to beat Muramasa so it deserves to be in the finals after winning against a VN like that.

Dies Irae is like the most hyped vn for me.

Hell the closest I came to actually starting to learn Japanesse was after seeing Dies Irae ......... unfortunately I soon learned that it will probably take 1-2 yrs after learning jap to be able to properly read it :vinty:

Just now, FinalChaos said:

Dies Irae is like the most hyped vn for me.

Hell the closest I came to actually starting to learn Japanesse was after seeing Dies Irae ......... unfortunately I soon learned that it will probably take 1-2 yrs after learning jap to be able to properly read it :vinty:

That's a road you must take in order to be able to read it or you could wait for a translation that may or may never happen.

7 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I prefer Dies Irae because it interests me slightly more than Baldr Sky

That's my reasoning too.. and it seems it is winning at the moment by a reasonable margin.

Though to be honest, neither of these VN's are on my "must read" list. Though there's probably good reason they're in the final.. I probably should listen to this.