Conjueror's Untranslated Visual Novel Tournament [Discussion]

Maxel

27 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Baldr Sky is my favorite so I will keep voting for it to the death.

So do I.

@VirginSmasher I don't think it's worth discussing Conjueror's secret project in this thread ^^ There's just too many titles to choose from. And it's not only his secret project, Gare's on board too. Also half of ur picks are... 

24 minutes ago, Maxel said:

So do I.

@VirginSmasher I don't think it's worth discussing Conjueror's secret project in this thread ^^ There's just too many titles to choose from. And it's not only his secret project, Gare's on board too. Also half of ur picks are... 

Yes, I know a few picks are out there, but I'd rather focus on something that is happening rather than the tournament winner at the moment which may or may not get a translation because of the win.

2 minutes ago, Scorp said:

Having in mind how much and complex text is in Dies Irae, don't you think he is translating it way too fast (if Dies really is his secret project)?

did he ever leak how long he worked on it and how much he has done so far? Also keep in mind that gare is on the project as well. that likely means 2x speed.

30 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

did he ever leak how long he worked on it and how much he has done so far? Also keep in mind that gare is on the project as well. that likely means 2x speed.

Yep.

And this all started just 2 monthes ago:

You really think they were able to translate 50% of DI in 3 monthes? That's crazy speed, man. Why not Baldr Force then? Having such skills they could do it in a blink of an eye :)

While I don't know what Conjueror is translating, I would make almost every bet that it's not Dies Irae. I think that was speculated last year too and we got... Pygmalion & Co.

It's probably another Propeller or LiarSoft title like Kusarihime, Asairo or Evolimit. I wouldn't even rule out Sougeki no Jaeger.

Actually I would be happy if Alexander O. Smith translated a VN. ANY VN of his choice. That guy is just amazing. But this would never happen, I think. As for Gare... Unfortunately I never read anything written by Gare. I know that he have masters degree in English Literature, but only available textes are in his blog and, well, too short to give a solid impression. So I am actually looking forward for Tokyo Babel and Himawari, but... as this is collaboration with Conjueror, seems this would not show his individual skills...

On 20/2/2016 at 7:02 AM, VirginSmasher said:

Dies Irae, Muramasa, Eustia, and White Album 2 are my picks that I want to win.

White Album 2 is my pick. Such a tease just giving us the introductory chapter. Though the rest of it is nearly translated by the other group, Baka Tsuki. They recently said some of them were busy coz of exams.