Aratana Hajimari, new independent VN in development

Jaeiin

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1385708227/aratana-hajimari-a-visual-novel

Aratana is the dream of our small team of college students looking to give back to a community that has touched us over the years. We are very determined to make this dream a reality but need help! We are recruiting staff as well as asking if you like the sound of the project and want to help out to please consider donating via kickstarter or our patreon (link on kickstarter page).

Please note all art shown is 100% conceptual and not at all final.

This is just my honest opinion, so don't take it personal.

I suggest that you take a look at other successful KS first before making one yourself. Info about the project and the team is too lacking. There is pretty much no sample artwork from the VN, which I guess due to the lack of member, which make me wondering why did you even try to start a KS even though you haven't filled an important slot in the team - the artist. I don't think many people will want to back a project which the completion is so uncertain like this. To make things worse, your physical rewards can only be shipped within the US, which will limit even more the number of backer. There is no digital version of the game, which will "scare" away people with limited budget. The pledge tiers also seem pretty, should I say, unreasonable, without knowing the length and quality of the VN. $10 as the lowest tier for a "thank you" is just plain bad.

I do have some other complains, but I will just leave it like this for now.

I definitely agree with what Satsuki said, I'm afraid. The Kickstarter is lacking in a lot of key places and didn't stand out much at all compared to other projects in the past, what with custom graphics and more information etc.

You want to make sure you have a full team and maybe even work on your project little in your free time so you have more to show of it to attract more backers.