Notable translator, Conjurer, is running a "What do you want to see translated tournament'

farispie

https://vnrw.wordpress.com/2016/01/22/most-desired-visual-novel-translation/

So, I feel like this tournament is worthwhile to vote for because of this particular paragraph : 

"

I picked 46 most highly regarded titles that I could think of (mostly with the help of erogamescape) that have yet to receive a translation. To make matters more interesting, both my secret project, and the game that I might be working on next ended up on this list, so we can see how those fare (maybe I can get away with more hints through this xD). Anyway, I wouldn’t mind translating most of these games, so show me which ones wouldyou rather want me to push for (your vote might count for more than you think)."

albatross is & will be the only one deemed worthy on that list of his.

edit: there are also few others, yeah, but they´re pretty old by now & i heavily doubt the possibility of any publisher deciding to work on them, unless a remake is to be expected.

baldr force is good, yes, even that good of a game so i personally came to prefer it over sky/dive. & a novels date of release has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of its writing or suchalike. great things simply stay great. period.

edit: daiakuji, kusarihime, genrin2, mindeadblood or others are partly of the same age or even older & still an awesome read regardless

edit2: upon judging a visuals worth based on todays standards only, makes you nothing but a superficial member of the aesthetic gestapo, ergo something to be pretty much ashamed about :/

Great, this gives me the chance to kill all the moege in that list and go for action/chuuni.

:pyaa: can go to hell! We need more action/chuuni translated.  Jast is the only one who officially does them, and all the rest were fanTL'd.  Take a look at the current tl's over in the other forums and all you see is romance.

Down with moege, gimme something with action.

Then again, I'm learning JP so I don't have to deal with all the moeshit coming out.  Christ, even the OELVN is tainted.

4 minutes ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Great, this gives me the chance to kill all the moege in that list and go for action/chuuni.

:pyaa: can go to hell! We need more action/chuuni translated.  Jast is the only one who officially does them, and all the rest were fanTL'd.  Take a look at the current tl's over in the other forums and all you see is romance.

Down with moege, gimme something with action.

Then again, I'm learning JP so I don't have to deal with all the moeshit coming out.  Christ, even the OELVN is tainted.

:pyaa: kinda has action though... (It's not the main genre ofc)

I'm not on twitter so I can't vote, but if I could I would vote for Hatsuyuki Sakura. I don't play 640 x 480 VN's anymore because I start to see pixels on the screen, so Baldr Force is out of discussion anyway. The other two look kind of old so I'm not sure if I could even motivate myself to read them. Scarlett looks more interesting than Aozora, but its VNDB rating is too low for a decent story VN.

In the long run I hope that either Dies Irae, Eustia, Ikusa Megami, Tsuriotsu or Oretsuba will make it though.

8 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

In the long run I hope that either Dies Irae, Eustia, Ikusa Megami, Tsuriotsu or Oretsuba will make it though.

oh yes, getting the good navel (sorry chaos raven, I had too) games over would be amazing, its also something that would be the most obvious choice since earlier partnership with mangagamer.