IRC Flood Extravaganza

trhvmn

I was talking to zhurai like 2 hours ago.

About Starcraft.

The fansub channels I idle in on rizon are more dead.

lol that

most of the older fansub groups that aren't actually releasing all that much anymore are like that (shinsen, sgkk, whatever)

probably the groups that _currently fansub atm_ would be more active (at least a bit more)

I see. Since I only go to IRC when the a Dota 2 game is being broadcast, I thought most IRC are that active xD

game communities usually go on quakenet iirc.

When is about a especifc discussion, usually is more active...

The main problem though is the hi conversation (happens a lot of times on IRC)

guy1<11:48>:Hi

*everyone afk*

guy2<17:20>:Hi

*guy1 is already afk*

http://idlerpg.net/

best IRC game ever

also, then again I'm on the pc too much so it's most likely just me not looking at IRC at that exact moment.

True. Tbh I am not a fan of IRC so I don't really know how they differ.

people tend to congregate onto certain servers that are similar to their group

such as freenode is more programming related, rizon has a bunch of fansubbing groups, enterthegame has like 1 fansubbing group (old, live-evil), and a bunch of other stuff, irchighway was like primarily scanlation, quakenet had a bunch of random game stuff

people tend to congregate onto certain servers that are similar to their group

such as freenode is more programming related, rizon has a bunch of fansubbing groups, enterthegame has like 1 fansubbing group (old, live-evil), and a bunch of other stuff, irchighway was like primarily scanlation, quakenet had a bunch of random game stuff

I see, so they mainly differ on the topic people discuss

• 1 month later...

Well if you guys are interested in a new server I could try investigating around and seeing what others are viable... then again its usually not too hard to add a new server to HexChat so I'm not entirely sure if it matters.

Well if you guys are interested in a new server I could try investigating around and seeing what others are viable... then again its usually not too hard to add a new server to HexChat so I'm not entirely sure if it matters.

I'd prefer not to have a new server (nor do I see a reason to have another server)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I feel great.

I finally got on IRC when people were talking.

I actually got to chat for about 2 minutes.

And then the connection suddenly terminated.

But still, what a rush.

Haha I am glad you liked your adrenaline fueled super rush. If you want to stay on the IRC channel for any period of time, see Kuu's Hexchat thread below, the in browser client has a habit of dropping connections.