Harem anime with romantic harem ending

Dergonu

Just now, Akshay said:

Why does stuff like this get second seasons??????

:reeee:

1. It was pretty much impossible to miss with that absurd title and the trashy vibe it generated, so it naturally got a lot of attention.

2. It probably requires less intelectual effort on the part of the viewer than any other anime I've seen, and it has a harem in it, so I'm not surprised it found its nieche. I think the LNs aren't much better but also successful. :P

7 hours ago, Akshay said:

Why does stuff like this get second seasons??????

:reeee:

Because the Light Novel (based on the Narou web novel) is very popular.
That in itself is, however, also unfathomable considering the absolute trash the novel was.
Then again, Zero no Tsukaima started out terrible, too, but that somehow ended up being stupid popular.

Edited by Beichuuka

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 9:19 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

In Another World with my Smartphone might be like literally the the only series that fits your description fully. It actually surprised me a lot that they went with treating the harem aspect seriously, the last episode of the first season is all about confessions and stuff. ^^ The whole thing is still quite terrible though. :P

Reveal hidden contents

Also from what I've heard the season 2 is coming and the protagonist is going to marry, or at least get engaged with every girl in the series (9 in total). You can't get more of a romantic conclussion than that. :3

Interesting. Let us see if I can enjoy this show.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, ittaku said:

If you do, tell us. We can arrange therapy.

I can appreciate how very much the show doesn't give a damn about anything. Every scene seems to be 5 seconds long. But even if I can appreciate and laugh at a lot of things, scenes like that one that badly parodies detective stories are so poorly made I can't watch them. I made if for four episodes.

1 minute ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I can appreciate how very much the show doesn't give a damn about anything. Every scene seems to be 5 seconds long. But even if I can appreciate and laugh at a lot of things, scenes like that one that badly parodies detective stories are so poorly made I can't watch them. I made if for four episodes.

Impressive. I got about 1.2 episodes in, and I thought I had strong intestinal fortitude for lame arse anime.

49 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Impressive. I got about 1.2 episodes in, and I thought I had strong intestinal fortitude for lame arse anime.

Meh, I've watched the whole thing without much effort. I actually like watching really horrible shows, observing why and in what ways they fail, but Smartphone was so trashy and shameless that it was funny in a way. The real challenge comes with horrible shows that takes themselves seriously. This season's Toji no Miko is, in my honest opinion, the stinker of the century and I won't look away from its grotesque trainwreck glory until the 24th episode is over. :nico:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Meh, I've watched the whole thing without much effort. I actually like watching really horrible shows, observing why and in what ways they fail, but Smartphone was so trashy and shameless that it was funny in a way. The real challenge comes with horrible shows that takes themselves seriously. This season's Toji no Miko is, in my honest opinion, the stinker of the century and I won't look away from its grotesque trainwreck glory until the 24th episode is over. :nico:

I disagree. Toji no miko is watchable trash as evidenced by the fact I'm watching it. Smartphone was completely pointless trash. Now if you want absolute garbage of recent times, something like handshakers takes the cake.

50 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I disagree. Toji no miko is watchable trash as evidenced by the fact I'm watching it. Smartphone was completely pointless trash. Now if you want absolute garbage of recent times, something like handshakers takes the cake.

Well, Smartphone is definitely also watchable by this kind of anecdotal evidence - it got a pretty enthusiastic mass following after all. ;p But, you're suggesting that this Hand Shakers thing is literally unwatchable? I must verify that. For Science! :chaika:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

• 2 months later...
On 06/03/2018 at 1:38 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

Well, Smartphone is definitely also watchable by this kind of anecdotal evidence - it got a pretty enthusiastic mass following after all. ;p But, you're suggesting that this Hand Shakers thing is literally unwatchable? I must verify that. For Science! :chaika:

If I can share my preferences in terms of trash points : hand shakers > toji no miko > smartphone.

Smartphone was at least cute while totally pointless, there were a new girl every episode. If it were 24eps long I would even have watched it until the end. I surrender at ep14 of toji no miko (if someone can explain why they didn't wrap if after the 1st cour), and at ep2 of hand shakers (I certify its unwatchableness).

If you need other pointless harem anime like smartphone, death march kara hajimeru would be more enjoyable.

Edited by ManteR

6 hours ago, ManteR said:

If I can share my preferences in terms of trash points : hand shakers > toji no miko > smartphone.

Smartphone was at least cute while totally pointless, there were a new girl every episode. If it were 24eps long I would even have watched it until the end. I surrender at ep14 of toji no miko (if someone can explain why they didn't wrap if after the 1st cour), and at ep2 of hand shakers (I certify its unwatchableness).

If you need other pointless harem anime like smartphone, death march kara hajimeru would be more enjoyable.

Toji no Miko just grew interesting for one-two episodes before and after the mid-season recap and then came back to being horribly boring and uninspired IMO. Tons of pointless dialogue, poorly-conceived characters and cliched plot developments. The most interesting thing to me is that someone decided to adapt an apparently equally-shitty manga and give it 24 episodes when really cool series rarely get that much. >.> I agree with the general ranking, objectively speaking, it's still nowhere near as bad as Hand Shakers were. ;)

Deathmarch doesn't have any romance though, I don't think it fits the theme of the thread. It's only atypical in the way that the protagonist knows the girls are into him but won't do anything about it because they're his slaves. There might be some romantic arc with the mage girl, but she might also die later on? People said something like that. :P

14 hours ago, ManteR said:

I surrender at ep14 of toji no miko (if someone can explain why they didn't wrap if after the 1st cour), and at ep2 of hand shakers (I certify its unwatchableness).

Alas you're right. I gave up on Toji as well about 2 episodes after you. Glad you agree on shit shakers, but you'll find we're not alone.

• 6 months later...
On 22/01/2016 at 7:39 PM, Dergonu said:

So I´m looking for some animes with a harem tag that has a romantic harem ending. (Basically, the MC gets together with everyone. NOT a harem ending where the harem just goes on with no romance.) 

An example is the ending in... 

Reveal hidden contents

asobi ni iku yo

and 

Grisaia no rakuen

Tbh I've basically milked the romance genre and Harem genre in MAL to the point each page I look at in those genre is a familiar anime I've watch before to the point I had to rewatch the same anime I've seen before... because I've got too much time on my hands lately xD 

Anywho lately I've been watching some classic anime harems and

Tenchi Muyou GXP has an amazing Harem ending .3.) while the entire Tenchi Muyou series I have yet to watch it because I literally jumped into GXP before knowing it was a huge series before looking anything up