A Tribute to arunaru - Beat Blade Haruka Discussion

littleshogun

You are correct Decay. But a wishlist is just a wishlist. Alicesoft is popular which I really hope the sales of Haruka proves. But I am a bit sad. I thought the game was released on the 20th but it was the 23th. My weekend is ruined because I had planned to start playing Haruka on release. I don't got that much spare time during weekdays because of a full schedule. But next weekend is always free I guess.

2 minutes ago, Rooke said:

I am not updated on this MG matter. But wasn't that regarding Steam Keys? Haruka isn't released on Steam. Yes there exists a digital copy but you download it off MGs own site. It shouldn't be affecting Haruka. Or am I wrong?

But I guess they closed down the whole paygate to solve that matter?

1 minute ago, SilverLi said:

But I guess they closed down the whole paygate to solve that matter?

I think so.

"You may be aware that for the weekend our website has been unable to process payments. We’ve been hard at work trying to remedy this issue, but it may take some time to resolve. The issue is a rather complicated one.

Purchases on our site will be disabled while we work with our payment processor to sort this issue out. Users who have previously purchased games that have been advertised to come with a Steam key will still be able to retrieve their keys, but future purchases of our titles will not be provided with Steam keys."

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/02/15/pay-processor-issues/

Yeah, basically due to the sheer number of fraudulent charges, their payment processor decided to abruptly stop their service to MG. It's been down for almost a week, now. Can't make any purchases on their site until their payment processor decides it's okay, again. Considering they still haven't restored service even after MG pledged to stop offering Steam keys, they may end up having to use another service entirely, and who knows how long that process will take. 

MG really can't catch a break on these matters, they've had struggles with various online merchant companies for ages, now. Being forced to basically shut down their store right when their first two major releases of the year are meant to come out is a huge blow.

And this, my friends, is why adults sites get charged an arm and a leg for payment processing.

Anything "adult" is considered high risk by credit card companies and banks due to the higher incidences of fraud and chargebacks. As a result some companies don't even bother processing payments for adult (like American Express or Paypal) and the companies who do, charge higher rates to adult merchants than mainstream merchants. Typically this rate is at least 2 times more.

Offbeatr FAQ

After this fiasco MangaGamer may be charged significantly more for payment processing because they're now a high-risk client.  They might even have to raise prices.

Now might be a good time for MangaGamer to reexamine PayPal as a payment option (perhaps the sole payment option).  If PayPal becomes the mediator, the risk factor disappears.  J-List accepts PayPal, so it's certainly feasible, but MangaGamer might have to alter their website to comply with PayPal's terms of service.  MangaGamer declined to do this in the past.

MangaGamer's twitter:

"We have some good news: we’ve found a new payment processor! We hope to be back up in full by the end of the month. This does mean that Beat Blades Haruka will be delayed, but only until we can process payments again."

So the wait won't be very long for those jiggling about in anticipation.

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

MangaGamer's twitter:

"We have some good news: we’ve found a new payment processor! We hope to be back up in full by the end of the month. This does mean that Beat Blades Haruka will be delayed, but only until we can process payments again."

So the wait won't be very long for those jiggling about in anticipation.

DELAYED!? NOOOOOOOOO! I can't wait any longer. At least have it done before my birthday. :( 

Well, looks like instead waiting for 3 days more, now I must wait for who knows how much days. Either way, looks like it should be not very long. And congratulation for MangaGamer to finally able to workaround the situation. Oh, and happy 6 days early birthday, @CeruleanGamer. And hopefully MangaGamer was able to process the payment in end of February.

As you are all aware, we have been dealing with issues with our payment processor for the past week and a half. We have made every effort to get processing back up and running in time for Beat Blades Haruka‘s originally scheduled release date, but we will need just a little bit more time to get everything fully operational again.

As you may have seen on our social media outlets, we have found a new payment processor, and are making finishing arrangements with them now. At this time, we have tentatively rescheduled Beat Blades Haruka’s release date for February 29th, 2016. Also, due to these unforeseen issues, we will be extending the discounted pre-order price through the end of its release week!

We would like to thank you all for your patience, and for all the messages of encouragement you have been sending us for the past week. It really does mean a lot to all of us here at MangaGamer.

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/02/22/beat-blades-haruka-release-date-change/

1 hour ago, SilverLi said:

I enjoy the game so far. I feel at home with the system 4.0 Alicesoft are using too. I am still in the opening so I can't say much about the gameplay yet. 

I'm just making you non preorder scrubs jealous. :miyako: 

:jinpou:

Damn you ....

I think the payment page is finally open, but now I´m stuck at school for half a day before I can get it myself :kosame: