A Tribute to arunaru - Beat Blade Haruka Discussion

littleshogun

For shits and giggles I decided to give this game a quick spin. I don't think I'm going to finish it or anything, I just wanted to see what it was. How do you unlock more dragon synergy options? After 10 days I only have the first three for Haruka and Narika.

22 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

now im at day 3, i get a 12 in FOUR DICE.

since i dont like the outcome i want to change the dice. tried reloading, another reloading 1 day before and even exiting and entering but didnt change the outcome of the dice.

any ideas how to change the dice, the outcome didnt change?

You can't. The dice order is set in stone. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was the same dice order for everyone and if there is no random element at all. Either way, it's clear that there's no way to save scum the dice, outside of trying to find more optimal uses for them and to minimize wasting dice, by spending them on more efficient tasks.

24 minutes ago, Decay said:

For shits and giggles I decided to give this game a quick spin. I don't think I'm going to finish it or anything, I just wanted to see what it was. How do you unlock more dragon synergy options? After 10 days I only have the first three for Haruka and Narika.

You can't. The dice order is set in stone. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was the same dice order for everyone and if there is no random element at all. Either way, it's clear that there's no way to save scum the dice, outside of trying to find more optimal uses for them and to minimize wasting dice, by spending them on more efficient tasks.

1) You must continue in the game, you will come across dialogue choices at points that will have things like "Peace, Love, More-H Scenes". Pick the H-Scenes and on the next phase you should have unlocked DS options.

2) They are not set in stone, they merely are chosen based on the die you have at the moment. It is a tiresome thing to try and change it however (i have done so but it's is random and troublesome to go back enough to get them to change). Instead, use the knowledge that you know EXACTLY how much you will get to reload the game and do those events that you get on the dot or close to the number. This lets you take full effect of the Die. Ex, instead of doing an event that takes 15 and you willed a 20, do an event that would need a 20. Or if you roll a 9 but you know training will cost 6, instead of wasting the 9 on an event, do the training, keep the 3, and use that three with either more die or to battle again that night.

42 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

since i dont like the outcome i want to change the dice. tried reloading, another reloading 1 day before and even exiting and entering but didnt change the outcome of the dice.

Read above. You can't EASILY change the die, the moment you GET that die for a certain time in the future, your die is locked. You need to either go far back enough to get it to randomize itself (it happens). Or throw the game on a loop by either using too much die before hand or getting more die before hand. This will help "randomize" your future die. But it's so much trouble that i suggest instead, in your case for example, use the 12 on an even that costs 12 or for training. Don't waste the numbers unless you are sure you can.

From what I have seen, most Kainin scenes with males net you rape scenes on loss (which you can skip) and most female Kainin when you defeat you can then do H-Scenes with them later using Libido option. But yeah, to unlock the scenes you just need to proceed further into the game. You will get some event usually with said girl and have the option of raising affection, peace, or unlocking Dragon Synergy. Similarly, i believe, some scenes net you conversations with more than one girl and the Dragon Synergy scenes you unlock depend on the girl you choose in these particular dialogue events.

AliceSoft usually makes there games based on events, so don't worry if some person has events before one day while you never got it. They have event rankings, which means depending on what you do, those events could just be pushed back and will eventually happen. Similarly if you don't do any major events, less priority events will show up more frequently (assuming further events are not their trigger in the first place).

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me what's going on with Narika's ninja outfit? The bottom part is nothing more than a cloth with a couple of strings!
How's this make any sense? How did she agree to put that on?!

In other news, I really like how this story bothered to justify the enemies coming, one at a time, starting with the weakest and moving on to the strongest. That happens in literally everything else, but the justification is usually nothing more than arrogance. This certainly leaves a positive impression.

48 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

In other news, I really like how this story bothered to justify the enemies coming, one at a time, starting with the weakest and moving on to the strongest. That happens in literally everything else, but the justification is usually nothing more than arrogance. This certainly leaves a positive impression.

Power Rangers/Super Sentai logic. Send monsters 1 by 1 instead of the entire monster army and annihilating everything. That way we get to show how awesome the protagonists are.

Here you go guys! 100% save of all CG/Scenes in Beat Blades Haruka.... Just copy/paste in the "SaveData" folder and you should be all set. Damn that took forever. :wahaha:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/temt5hrxow2q96w/Beat+Blades+Haruka+All+CG+and+Scene+Save.zip

Happy fapping/masturbating. :illya: 

I picked this up mostly because @KosakiFag is such a big Alicesoft fan that I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. One thing that tipped me over the edge for this release was the ability to skip all the rape scenes - which probably sounds like anathema to most of the people in this thread, but deal with it; I'm a wimp that way.

Anyway, about the game. H-scenes are fine and all, but I'd probably pick up a more straightforward nukige if that's all I was looking for. Nonetheless, I find myself playing the game for pretty long stretches (actually longer than I would a more typical VN), and the reason is of course the gameplay elements. I find I really enjoy these simple optimization problems, and I especially appreciate that the dice are fixed. I have no desire to reload over and over again to get a better dice roll, but I will happily reload once to make a better decision on what to do with the dice/points/etc. I have.

The mechanics are a little under-explained, but the only ones I didn't get yet were Libido and Brutality. Re-reading arunaru's post on the MG staff blog explained Libido quite clearly, so now I regret not pursuing raising that up higher, sooner :amane:. And I'm planning to leave Brutality at 0, so that's fine too.

I'm only on day 10 or so at this point, but it's quite a lot of fun. I'm about to attempt the first castle raid and am curious to see what that's like.

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I picked this up mostly because @KosakiFag is such a big Alicesoft fan that I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. One thing that tipped me over the edge for this release was the ability to skip all the rape scenes - which probably sounds like anathema to most of the people in this thread, but deal with it; I'm a wimp that way.

Anyway, about the game. H-scenes are fine and all, but I'd probably pick up a more straightforward nukige if that's all I was looking for. Nonetheless, I find myself playing the game for pretty long stretches (actually longer than I would a more typical VN), and the reason is of course the gameplay elements. I find I really enjoy these simple optimization problems, and I especially appreciate that the dice are fixed. I have no desire to reload over and over again to get a better dice roll, but I will happily reload once to make a better decision on what to do with the dice/points/etc. I have.

The mechanics are a little under-explained, but the only ones I didn't get yet were Libido and Brutality. Re-reading arunaru's post on the MG staff blog explained Libido quite clearly, so now I regret not pursuing raising that up higher, sooner :amane:. And I'm planning to leave Brutality at 0, so that's fine too.

I'm only on day 10 or so at this point, but it's quite a lot of fun. I'm about to attempt the first castle raid and am curious to see what that's like.

I did the same thing with libido and accidently raised it's states to a where i got a new die and that tipped me off. AliceSoft usually never explains their games so it's quite difficult in that regard.

100% agree with the rape scenes and i should have (if i didn't) included that in my review, in my early assessment of the game i did but i can't remember if i included it in my final review. I absolutely agree that this would be a great feature for many as there are quite a number who don't like rape. For the H-Scenes i felt you could get more out of it from a nukige but the gameplay element did make me go from "i'll just play for an hour" to 8 hours :|

For the die, that was my recommendation to a lot of people, instead of trying to get a new roll, instead use that knowledge to make your plans more efficient.

My Brutality is like...5 or something cause of the torture scenes that you CAN do... :D

I would recommend you TRAIN one girl (you can train the others when you have time and resources), and use another one for clearing dungeons quickly. Have one of them have an ability for skipping traps or people for instance? I know this helped me greatly on my first run.

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

It's so bad. I wasnt' expecting much, mind you...

But it's really, really bad. I mean, someone compared this to Rance...saying it was of the same quality...what a joke. This makes Rance look like Muv Luv.

Absolutely not rance quality. but it isn't bad in terms of official games out. it's not amazing either.

On 5. mars 2016 at 9:30 AM, wyldstrykr said:

The way the dice works is that they are decied AS YOU GET THEM. You cannot re-roll them by reloading as you roll the dice. The second you recieve it, it´s been set in stone what that dice is. 

In return, if you fail a dice roll, it will take away the amount of dice you spent on the cost, so that its easier next time. 

On 3/9/2016 at 5:20 PM, Dergonu said:

The way the dice works is that they are decied AS YOU GET THEM. You cannot re-roll them by reloading as you roll the dice. The second you recieve it, it´s been set in stone what that dice is. 

In return, if you fail a dice roll, it will take away the amount of dice you spent on the cost, so that its easier next time. 

even if you reload and get a new dice, you cant still change the outcome.

because of that, ill stick to 1 girl only

3 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

even if you reload and get a new dice, you cant still change the outcome.

because of that, ill stick to 1 girl only

You should focus primarily on one girl each playthrough unless you are doing the harem ending. 

Good thing is that you get new dialogue for every route, and you can skip all dialogue you have previously read by enabling the function on the top menu, so its still decently entertaining. 

Also the gameplay aspect is very easy to master after 1 full playthrough, so the second, third etc becomes much easier. 

14 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

question:

is there a new game+ ? and

it is possible to beat subaru in the first meeting (the 35 reflex ones) so that i can dodge the h-scene

thanks

Don't think there is a new game+ of any kind. You can get a bunch of different endings and routes, so each new game will offer new stuff, but I don't think you can increase the strength of the enemies except for the last boss.

EDIT. Read your question wrong. No, I do not believe you can beat that version of her. I guess you can try to stack reflex on one char the entire game up to that point and see, but I think its unbeatable. You can just skip the H-scene by holding down CTRL, clicking "skip read text - On" if you have seen it before, or if its a rape scene, you should get the option if you have the "ask to skip rape scenes?" option set to yes.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:06 AM, Dergonu said:

Also the gameplay aspect is very easy to master after 1 full playthrough, so the second, third etc becomes much easier. 

This is very true. I actually restarted my first game after 10 turns because I finally read about and understood libido - I easily beat the game in 46 turns that first time through. Second time through I was annoyed by lack of NG+ at first, but then I found I was again much better at the mechanics, and now I'm in a position to beat it in about 35 turns. Next game should be a little bit easier still simply because of the route I'm taking (Subaru true love) - correctly skilling out Narika to be a castle runner will take no effort since her starting SP is so high. The second game I was doing Narika's true love route, so I made Haruka my castle runner, which is a pain since she has such low starting SP.

Incidentally, Narika is a beast in general. High starting SP and Reflex are a pretty sweet combo, and you can quickly turn her deficits (low starting attack and barrier - defense is for pansies anyway) into positives with the right training (the +lotsOfAttack skill and +statsForTraining skill). Haruka took a lot longer to make strong, mostly because of the initial low SP - it's generally just not that easy to increase max SP at the rate I want to, especially early in the game. It looks like I won't even be getting the third skill for Haruka on either this playthrough or the next.

16 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

what happen if you beat the stronger final boss?

I had planned to find that out just now, but apparently on Subaru's route, unlike at least Narika's Pure Love route (probably Haruka's as well, but I didn't notice), you don't get a chance at the fight against Strong or Super Noroi. So after lovingly and sometimes rather roughly grinding all of Subaru's stats up to ~90, I found that I had just wasted about an hour. Oh well.

Incidentally, I've never before played a game where grinding was quite so aptly-named.

Some tips and opinion from my experience (And from some source outside). By the way I'd already got normal Haruka love ending.

• Raising libido should be first priority, since it's equal to action point gain in Rance or Daibanchou (Although with some gamble from RNG though).
  • My suggestion is that if you want to pursue all love route in first playthrough (Haruka and Narika), is that you just try to got Narika love point as much as possible and if you had chance to gain love point for Haruka, just choose the most beneficial choice and ignore love point for Haruka. Yes, Haruka love route was default, no matter how empty her love gauge are (Understandable since she was title character. But I also understand the complaint that she was quite bland). Speaking about Haruka, I'd found out that Haruka was like Lily from Himegari (Same seiyuu more in play though), very loyal to her master and loving him no matter what (Lily with Maou Emilio, Haruka with Takamaru). The conclusion, just raise Narika love point every time you get the chance (And Subaru in 2nd playthrough, although i'd read that Subaru also in default of loving Takamaru).
  • @Fred the Barber Oh, by the way, you could only fight Super Noroi at Haruka and Narika route. Although guess I pity Ensai got attacked by your Subaru with 90 stat lol (Ensai stat was only 45 for ATK and REF, 60 for DEF). Speaking about Ensai, I think 50 DEF and REF Subaru actually was quite enough, more if you did all Dragon Synergy, since for Ensai battle I just spammed Subaru 3rd skill (Give percentage damage (About 50%) according to barrier. Very useful). Oh, and it's quite easy to raise SP actually, just deploy Haruka constantly since every fighting will had you gain +SP Limit. After 5 fighting and if you didn't neglect Dragon Synergy, Haruka should be able to learn her first skill.
  • @wyldstrykerI think the result will be not change other than the boss was much stronger. Well, good luck if you still want to try it.

About why Haruka and Subaru could loving their master so easily while Narika slightly need more effort, I think it's probably just because Cresent Moon Blade was teached to live for the master, and since it was involved sex, maybe they was teached to love their master, while Narika as modern Blade was obviously thinking those view was very old and unfitting for modern live (And therefore you need to give Narika some (Maybe max) love point before entering her love route). Just my opinion though.

I think that's all the tips I could thinking off