A Tribute to arunaru - Beat Blade Haruka Discussion

littleshogun

Since Haruka about to be released (Well, still 39 days later actually, but back in VNDB I started Princess Evangile discussion 41 days before release), I figured I think I should started the discussion here. From the title, of course we should express our gratitude to arunaru, who back in June he was suspended his Rance VI translation in order to accept job from Mangagamer. A choice which of course would be guaranteed many anger from the people who expected Rance VI for a long time, although for Haruka translation actually arunaru managed to keep his standard pacing for translating, less than 6 month iirc to complete the translation of a script which considered long visual novel in VNDB.

For the game itself, actually it was like nukige as doddler said, because the sex scene in there was quite a lot, and I'd already checked the CG for Haruka by the way. The story itself is our MC was meeting with very beautiful transfer girl and when he meet the girl again, he saw the girl as the ninja fighting the villain and suddenly the girl ask MC to have sex with her. From there the girl introduce herself as Haruka and our MC revealed to be the next leader of a ninja clan which Haruka belong. Oh and by the way our MC always followed by his landlord daughter, Narika who also will be revealed that she was a ninja along with Haruka.

Since the company behind Haruka was Alice Soft, normally we would expect gameplay. In this case we had raising sim in order to raise the girls stat by, well have sex duh (Of course, since it was called nukige not for nothing). In case you didn't get it you'll have sex with the girls to up their status. Of course the status will be important to prepare ourself for the fighting, which almost always will be happen in the night. Oh speaking about night, we had the system called day, which if we recall Sengoku Rance or Daibanchou it means turn, and we had time limit 99 days to beat the game (I still didn't sure if it's right or not). Looks like I couldn't explain it well, so I'll leave it to arunaru's twitter for brief info or aroduc's (Kamidori and Galaxy Angel translator) review of Haruka for more info. I knew you had some post here, arunaru and if possible you may use this thread for Haruka's question and answer to Fuwanovel's user here.

For the cast, we got our MC, the girls (Haruka, Narika, Subaru (Will be joined later)), and the villains. I'll talk about the villain first since I think the setting for the villain was quite usual for Japan. I mean what's with 4 Gods setting thing? Anyway, we got Orochimaru who represent East and Seiryu (The voice according to JP Wiki was Kentarou Itou who voiced Kurou back in Demonbane), Kikyodayou who represent South and Suzaku (Her voice was Iida Kuu who voiced Kouchuu back in Koihime Musou), Ittou Hagane who represent West and Byakko (His voice was Uozomi in Kara no Shoujo), and from the look I think he was the most handsome from all of the villain and quite honorable lol (I knew I'm bad at judging someone), and finally the boss of the villain who represent North and Genbu Ensai Mukroi, a blind monk. Oh for the heroine, Haruka was voiced by Sakurai Harumi (Lily from Himegari, Akari from Noble Works, Saya from Little Busters EX), Narika by Aoba Ringo aka Ringorin (Maya from Noble Work, Sayane from Soukoku no Arterial, Nemu from euphoria), and Subaru by Kawashima Rino (Haru from G-Senjou, Nagisa from Koi Resort, Serawi from Kamidori, and many more). We also had name like Hokuto Minami (Primula from Shuffle, Miki from Muv Luv franchise, Sakura from Da Capo franchise) and Oukawa Mio (Colette from Himegari, Bachou from Koihime Musou, Eris from Sono Hanabira franchise), who according to lousy translation of Google Translate was voiced the brainwashing victim, although I didn't certain 100% though. In any case, Minami voiced Minazuki and Oukawa voiced Almail. Oh although we had good seiyuu for this game, this game only partially voiced though, although Mangagamer promised us to hear heroine's voice in H-Scene.

I think that's all for the info. Use this thread as discussion for Haruka in near future. And let's have video for awesome Haruka OP from Mangagamer here. Once again thanks to arunaru for translating this game.

PS By the way could I ask how to embed video here? Sorry.

PPS Thank mod Zenophilius. Turn out it was just as easy as copy and paste the link from Youtube, because in the past it was quite complicated to embed the video from Youtube.

Edit (February 23rd) - Because unfortunate incident from Mangagamer side, the released was delayed until February 29th.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

PS By the way could I ask how to embed video here? Sorry.

YouTube videos will auto-embed after you press enter to skip a line, but if they don't, click "Insert other media", "insert image from media", and then paste the link to the YouTube video in, and it should work.  Not sure if other video sites will, though.

Alicesoft needs more love. I have also pre ordered the game. Looking forward to it. But I am a bit skeptical about the quality of the game. I don't really know what to expect even though I have looked up the game and followed Aranaru somewhat close with the translation progress. I know it isn't Rance but I want to support the developer. I am open minded. Let's see what Haruka can deliver.

When it was accounced I wasn't so interested in it, but I reconsidered because the title got a shitload of awards in Japan which made me curious. It's also drawn by Onigiri-kun who's IMHO AliceSoft's best artist.

Not sure if I'll regret my decision to play it though. There's certainly a lot of H-content I rather don't want to see. But apparently the title allows you play the good guy and avoid all the nasty tentacle stuff, so I'll give it a try.

47 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Not sure if I'll regret my decision to play it though. There's certainly a lot of H-content I rather don't want to see. But apparently the title allows you play the good guy and avoid all the nasty tentacle stuff, so I'll give it a try.

You haven't yet developed yourself yet. Embrace the dark side and everything is fine. Arunaru also got a competition you can join. Fap to every H scene. 

3 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Yeah, dark stuff happens if you:

A. Are intentionally an asshole

B. Lose to a boss

Even if you lose to a boss, they let you skip the scene, though. There's also a couple rape scenes that happen in the story, but you can skip them too without losing anything.

If it's not too rapey - or even better, I can actively choose - then I might just be interested in buying this. Well, tbh i can't say too much - I did play through Bunny Black despite my personal qualms. Still, a  good guy   considerate MC is my preferred path. (Though, don't confuse "considerate/kind" with "naive" or "idealistic")

6 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

If it's not too rapey - or even better, I can actively choose - then I might just be interested in buying this. Well, tbh i can't say too much - I did play through Bunny Black despite my personal qualms. Still, a  good guy   considerate MC is my preferred path. (Though, don't confuse "considerate/kind" with "naive" or "idealistic")

As I said, you have to actively be an asshole to be an asshole. You're free to be nice guy all the way.

As someone who loves gameplay this game's concept is real enticing to me. But the sex scenes seem to bloat up the sim elements, which is a bit of a bummer. I'll be keeping a close eye on your translation projects, though, you seem to be taking on projects which appeal to me. Good luck, and welcome to the forums (can't remember if I welcomed you before.)

2 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Sounds good, look forward to picking this up then - been in the mood for a good VN with gameplay~ :sachi:

I think @Arunaru meant "deep" as in how deep things can go inside Haruka. Like literally almost a hundred things entered her in that game.... Kinda overwhelming for a girl if you ask me. 

16 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

I think @Arunaru meant "deep" as in how deep things can go inside Haruka. Like literally almost a hundred things entered her in that game.... Kinda overwhelming for a girl if you ask me. 

That... is something I would not tap - not for all the money in the world, no matter how likeable or attractive. :sachi:

Well, thankfully it isn't RL - or else she'd never be able to sit down again - and would be going in to see the gyno at least once a day. :makina:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, here's the explanation of the games from @Arunaru at Mangagamer Staff Blog. Read it here. Although ideally it should be arunaru was the one who post this one here though, but oh well.

My though from the post:

1. So apparently days equal turn in Haruka, and it mean that we had limit 99 days/turn to complete the game.

2. You need sex (or Dragon Synergy in game term) to restore your mana (Very important since apparently free attack only dealing around 1 damage to enemy) or SP (Sex Power) in game term. Okay, although it was not as funny as pro-wrestling for euphemism of sex (The term pro-wrestling was from Eiyuu Senki).

3. The four god also like to deploy the elite mook (Called Kainin), and some of rough pro-wrestling (It's my call here, okay) comes from there. Also you could just lose by selecting command (Brutal Command) if you want to see your hardcore pro-wrestling.

4. Of course you will storm the castle (It's in the opening okay). Apparently you'll storm Seiryuu Castle first. Speaking of four gods, back in Go Princess PreCure, they had monster also based on 4 gods.

5. Oh, there was also dice system, which aroduc complained that it sort of luck base when he hoping like 21 number and he got only 20 iirc (I forgot).

Quite interesting post, although the info was still quite small. Either way looking forward to 11 days from now. Oh, and one question. Will we got the demo by the way? If not that's okay then.

@Arunaru I see. Too bad then, but it's only 10 days left to waiting for release so I'll be waiting for real one. And I get the gist of the game by the way if your goal was to make the user here and blog reader understand (Otherwise I wouldn't write my impression above). Thanks for your post once again at Mangagamer blog.