Hello New Friends! :3

DavidB

Hi everyone!

I registered here a couple days ago to hop in and provide some support and feedback on the Root Double thread. I suppose it's best to come right out and offer full transparency to everyone: I work with Sekai Project as their PR manager for the western half of the globe (primarily North & South America with a little dash of some EUR media outlets sprinkled in the mix). I'm certainly not looking for any special treatment. Not at all. I feel that it's better that everyone knows my role so they can ask questions or just take some comfort in knowing that I'm here to assist when and however I can...within reason of course. Don't be expecting me to reveal release dates. ;)

I've been a long-time anime fan -- all the way back to my very first anime, Iczer-One. This was back in the late 80s, before I even knew what anime was. In fact, I just posted about it earlier today on Twitter. And for those of you who have yet to watch the anime series, let's just say that it was certainly one heck of a way to be introduced to the medium. In addition to anime I've been an avid gamer since the late Atari 2600/early NES days, and wound up getting into the game industry with a job testing games for Sony back in '03. Shortly after that I fell into PR and that's pretty much what I've been doing ever since (with a short stint in production). Anyhow, I'm rambling.

I just wanted to officially say hello, and that I look forward to speaking with all of you about anime, games, or whatever you'd like to discuss. I'm always up to shoot the breeze, so please feel free to reach out to me either here or via social media.

Cheers,

David

7 minutes ago, Nimbus said:

Welcome to the community, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Show off :yumiko:

Haha. I will say that working with Sony back in those days was a total blast! Got to work on Siren, EyeToy, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, SOCOM II (I can't tell you how much fun it was to get players to reveal their secrets and hacks online and then go write them up as bugs to be patched by Zipper - MUHAHAHAHAHA!), and a load of other awesome games. Was some of the most fun I've ever had. Made some really great friends there whom I still speak with today.

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Hello, welcome to the forum! Nice to meet you David :sachi: 

Its really awesome that you are here. We really miss an official "touch" from sekai project on the forum. (Well I know I do at least.) 

Release date for Meikyuu? :makina:

Nice to meet you too, Dergonu.

I'll make sure to do my very best to help out here as much as I possibly can. Oh, and nice try. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome you two. :3

Just now, DavidB said:

Haha. I will say that working with Sony back in those days was a total blast! Got to work on Siren, EyeToy, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, SOCOM II (I can't tell you how much fun it was to get players to reveal their secrets and hacks online and then go write them up as bugs to be patched by Zipper - MUHAHAHAHAHA!), and a load of other awesome games. Was some of the most fun I've ever had. Made some really great friends there whom I still speak with today.

I know we've just met, but will you marry me? 

My first time posting in this forum section, maybe I'll introduce myself someday too^^'

Anyway, nice to see representative of SP on Fuwa, finally. As far as I know, opinion about SP isn't too good here, maybe it will change within time, at least I hope so. I think it was very nice move to finally hire some PR guys, and let some weight off from dovac's arms. I really like that SP is going on and on with kickstarters, because they want to grow ASAP. And I think that's the fastest way for now, which fruits we would be able to see in probably quite near future. 

Don't know if you can answer, but is there any chances for 18+ G-Senjou release? I think some people might want to support Ak Soft2 so we can get more of their titles, but they just aren't willing to pay for double cut(CG wise and content wise) Steam version. I guess I'd agree with Steam only release if they wanted the same or similiar money for uncut one. 

Hope you'll stay here for a long time, and you're willing to accept constructive feedback. There also might be some anti-SP people... but don't mind them, they're all good souls loving VNs. So yeah, nice to have you here!

PS. May I also ask for Baldr Sky release date? :sachi: 

Jk, jk. :(

1 hour ago, DavidB said:

Hi everyone!

I registered here a couple days ago to hop in and provide some support and feedback on the Root Double thread. I suppose it's best to come right out and offer full transparency to everyone: I work with Sekai Project as their PR manager for the western half of the globe (primarily North & South America with a little dash of some EUR media outlets sprinkled in the mix). I'm certainly not looking for any special treatment. Not at all. I feel that it's better that everyone knows my role so they can ask questions or just take some comfort in knowing that I'm here to assist when and however I can...within reason of course. Don't be expecting me to reveal release dates. ;)

I've been a long-time anime fan -- all the way back to my very first anime, Iczer-One. This was back in the late 80s, before I even knew what anime was. In fact, I just posted about it earlier today on Twitter. And for those of you who have yet to watch the anime series, let's just say that it was certainly one heck of a way to be introduced to the medium. In addition to anime I've been an avid gamer since the late Atari 2600/early NES days, and wound up getting into the game industry with a job testing games for Sony back in '03. Shortly after that I fell into PR and that's pretty much what I've been doing ever since (with a short stint in production). Anyhow, I'm rambling.

I just wanted to officially say hello, and that I look forward to speaking with all of you about anime, games, or whatever you'd like to discuss. I'm always up to shoot the breeze, so please feel free to reach out to me either here or via social media.

Cheers,

David

Nice to meet you pal! Fellow gamer. :D If you have been gaming for so long then you must know that feeling when finding somekind of new genre of games that you haven't tried and have a blast playing something new. Just what happened to me last year when thankful I noticed I could actually play visual novels if I purchase them from steam. :holo: What kind of games do you like sir?

12 hours ago, Nimbus said:

I know we've just met, but will you marry me? 

Depends. Will I become the sole heir to your gaming and anime collection if something were to happen to you? >:3

11 hours ago, Maxel said:

My first time posting in this forum section, maybe I'll introduce myself someday too^^'

Anyway, nice to see representative of SP on Fuwa, finally. As far as I know, opinion about SP isn't too good here, maybe it will change within time, at least I hope so. I think it was very nice move to finally hire some PR guys, and let some weight off from dovac's arms. I really like that SP is going on and on with kickstarters, because they want to grow ASAP. And I think that's the fastest way for now, which fruits we would be able to see in probably quite near future. 

Don't know if you can answer, but is there any chances for 18+ G-Senjou release? I think some people might want to support Ak Soft2 so we can get more of their titles, but they just aren't willing to pay for double cut(CG wise and content wise) Steam version. I guess I'd agree with Steam only release if they wanted the same or similiar money for uncut one. 

Hope you'll stay here for a long time, and you're willing to accept constructive feedback. There also might be some anti-SP people... but don't mind them, they're all good souls loving VNs. So yeah, nice to have you here!

PS. May I also ask for Baldr Sky release date? :sachi: 

Jk, jk. :(

Well hopefully I'll be able to work towards changing that...if only just a weeee bit. :3

And yes, I totally agree. I approached SP when they initially came on the scene with Sakura Spirit and was able to hop on board last October. Super thankful for the opportunity to officially be working with the team. We're still pretty small, but I really cannot tell you just how hard-working and dedicated everyone is.

RE: G-sen, no plans just yet, but I wouldn't mind getting something up on Denpasoft.

RE: Constructive feedback. So long as it's not slinging profanities at us on social media, I'm more than happy to work with fans supplying constructive feedback and criticism. While I don't want to name any names or point fingers there are a couple folks on Twitter who love to swear like sailors and direct their profanity-filled ships (tweets) our way. I don't really deem that as constructive and the chances we'll respond to that are slim to none. But if it's constructive and something we can discuss in a civil manner, I'm 100% on board. Let's sail that ship together!

11 hours ago, Dark_blade64 said:

Nice to meet you pal! Fellow gamer. :D If you have been gaming for so long then you must know that feeling when finding somekind of new genre of games that you haven't tried and have a blast playing something new. Just what happened to me last year when thankful I noticed I could actually play visual novels if I purchase them from steam. :holo: What kind of games do you like sir?

Likewise. :D

Been gaming for days and have amassed quite the collection over the years: http://imgur.com/a/NyJ91

I love playing all sorts of games. Don't execute me for saying this, but I've really just started to get into VNs over the last few years. And now that they are becoming readily available to the western world I'm finding more and more that I enjoy. Toughest part is finding the time to play/read through them.

Just the other night I finally beat Castlevania for the first time, and I've had the game since it was released back in '86: http://imgur.com/gallery/kHrD7ps/

I was so excited!

Anyhow, I've gotta get back to pitching press for our upcoming 2D platformer, Rabi-Ribi. If you haven't already, please check it out and maybe pick it up when it's released next week: http://store.steampowered.com/app/400910/

Talk to you all soon!

14 minutes ago, ExtraMana said:

Greetings senpai. Enjoy the discussion on 2d waifu's.

OMG haha! What a fantastic avatar. I loved Genshiken! Never felt like such an otaku in my life watching that. It was like walking right into a intervention. But I'll never give up my anime loving, game and figure collecting habits. NEVER EVER! The Guilty Gear scene was a bit of an eye opener. I was like "dang, I hope I"m not like that with my GF." Not that I'm that oblivious. Thankfully, I have an amazing gal who loves videogames. Phewwww.