VNR NOT WORKING

keira stargem

I can't figure out why VNR is refusing to show ANY subtitle of ANY sort! there's just NOTHING

http://imgur.com/nafha9P (this is the top right corner of my screen just after clicking, "yes" in the subtitle update window)

http://imgur.com/C5CvTSA (<-subtitle update window pictured here)

I'm trying to get english subtitles for Amnesia: Later, played on PPSSPP, but no matter what I do, I can't get ANY sort of subtitles to show up. absolutely nothing.
any sort of help would be IMMENSELY appreciated

what makes this so unbelievably annoying is VNR was working JUST YESTERDAY, but then today it just decided to HATE me

Edited by keira stargem
picture link was missing

You pic isn't there anymore.

Anyway, I don't mess with the translation-related settings (I basically set it to copy to clipboard and use TA for the reading part), so all I know about is how to mess with the text settings...  do you want actual translation (in which case I can't help you) or do you just want the text with furigana? (in which case I probably can)?

Edit: Oh, you are actually using the user-provided translation function?  In that case, there probably isn't one.

Try turning on 'game text' and 'text to clipboard' in the options menu, then turning on Translation aggregator.  If nothing appears in TA at that point, go into menu>text settings and make certain the text threads are displaying text from the game.  To be honest, I don't like VNR's setup because it is hard on the eyes, so when I absolutely have to use it, I use it in combination with TA and jparser with furigana set to a large font with romaji.  If possible, I always use ITH or ITHVNR.  They are simpler to use and require less computer resources to work.

TA will display the text instead of VNR once you've turned it on.  It takes the text that VNR extracts to the clipboard and displays it in its various windows.  If you have ATLAS or one of the other translation engines plugged into it, it will translate it using those (though I don't recommend this) and with jparser you can use the settings to let it display furigana for you.

aah... I couldn't find any h-codes, but you might try it with ITH rather than VNR.  There are some things - relatively few but they exist - that the older engines can hook but VNR can't.  However, before you try that, did you check to see if there was a deleted h-code in the text settings?  If there is, click on it or copy it into the h-code box and save it.  That will let VNR hook text, probably.  You could also try checking the Japanese site for updates, because sometimes VNR will only hook one version of the game.

why dont you try using my tutorial? try using ith 2015 too if you don't want to use chiitrans (which is imo better than vnr in some aspects), depending on the version it will be able to hook the text or not. vnr ith can hook some text and sometimes it cant hook text that you can with the normal ith or the modified version of ith  that chiitrans has

ITHVNR is a form of ITH that uses parts of the VNR engine, but the original Interactive Text Hooker is a completely separate text hooker.  The older form of ITH works with some engines that VNR doesn't, and it is much, much easier to configure and use.

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

why dont you try using my tutorial? try using ith 2015 too if you don't want to use chiitrans (which is imo better than vnr in some aspects), depending on the version it will be able to hook the text or not. vnr ith can hook some text and sometimes it cant hook text that you can with the normal ith or the modified version of ith  that chiitrans has

does it work with PPSSPP? that's what I'm running Amnesia: Later on

3 minutes ago, Clephas said:

ITHVNR is a form of ITH that uses parts of the VNR engine, but the original Interactive Text Hooker is a completely separate text hooker.  The older form of ITH works with some engines that VNR doesn't, and it is much, much easier to configure and use.

ok...how does it work? like...how do I install it and run it? does it work with PPSSPP?

..............uhm......okay, this is uh.... XD (WTF) I came back to my room after watching Criminal Minds with me mum, and had up the game wizard up, just sitting there... and I noticed this...   http://imgur.com/vurci3Q

I went through it, and picked the thread that fit what Ukyo (the character on screen) was saying. I clicked commit, waited a few seconds, and forwarded the text once. then THIS  happened....http://imgur.com/vz5PvYS

I have NO IDEA why it decided to start working again...but who cares?! XD IT WORKS! YAAAAAAAAAY!  (I think VNR is possessed XD  WTF)

oh, you have no idea how (rather confused, I must admit XD) happy and thrilled I am! I mean....I COULD follow the walkthrough I found, but I could only guess where I was, but now I can read the subtitles!!!!!!!!! FUCK YEAAH!!!!!!:D:heart::D

XD the machine translation is good enough for me XD

Edited by keira stargem
reasons