Should I read KoiChoco?

Mugi

I was thinking of picking it up in a few days and have heard pretty mixed things about it. One thing being that the TL is pretty meh, which isn't a huge deal to me unless it is absolute garbage. Another thing is that there isn't really much romance going on aside from having sex a few times (which I feel might be false), and that every route aside from the forced one guilt trips you for not getting with your childhood friend. Are any of these things true? And just in general, what do you guys think about it? The story interests me, and the art is really nice. But having a highschool moege VN without romance feels like it would just be weird.

Vn gave a reason for you to not really care about Chisato as a love interest anyway so it's up to your personality if this is enough to make you feel guilty. I won't lie, the vn tries to guilt trip you anyway during other routes, but after reading her route, i honestly didn't care. I didn't hate her route, but i found it extremely weak. To say it doesn't have romance outside of sex scenes is false. It does have it's fair share of really stupid concepts and happenings, but as a whole, i pretty much enjoyed it.

I'll just spoil a few sentences the reason for you not to feel guily about ditching Chisato and why i personally didn't care that i went other routes, if this is one of your biggest concern and if this is something that keeps you from reading. 

Spoiler

You have been a replacement for her deceased brother since he died and that's basically the established dynamic between the two before you can go other routes, and while she acts jealous she isn't even serious about you as a love interest until...... and In her own route she never REALLY let go of the brother replacement crap. Creepy nonsensical ending.

Just try it and look forward to Satsuki and Isara!

I really enjoyed Koichoco and the routes aside from chisato were good in my book

Also i can't feel guilty over not chosing someone i dislike that much xD, serious F chisato. Other than that i'd say give it a go if you want also i didn't feel while reading it that it had little romance, i was okay with the ammount it provided

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

I'll just spoil a few sentences the reason for you not to feel guily about ditching Chisato and why i personally didn't care that i went other routes, if this is one of your biggest concern and if this is something that keeps you from reading. 

Hidden Content

What you wrote there is wrong.

Spoiler

Chisato's feelings for the protagonist are real from the start. It doesn't just change in her route.

The TL is okay except for the Mifuyu route where it's utter garbage, making you wonder if they threw it into a machine TL because this game was taking long enough to translate as it was.

4 minutes ago, Funnerific said:

What you wrote there is wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

Chisato's feelings for the protagonist are real from the start. It doesn't just change in her route.

The TL is okay except for the Mifuyu route where it's utter garbage, making you wonder if they threw it into a machine TL because this game was taking long enough to translate as it was.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure she said in one or two routes that she's now began to have real feelings for you first after it's too late. And she also admitted guiltily that she fended off girls even though she didn't have genuine feelings towards you.

I would recommend it to whoever asks for moege. Personally, I don't find myself disliking Chisato's route, though. Maybe the drama is a bit forced and cliched, but it is quite enjoyable in some routes plus love triangle drama in each of them. 

Maybe most of everyone's favorite route goes like this: Satsuki > Everyone else > Chisato. It is one of very few VN I would complete its routes, maybe because of its extra menu. 

9 hours ago, gijimu said:

Maybe most of everyone's favorite route goes like this: Satsuki > Everyone else > Chisato. It is one of very few VN I would complete its routes, maybe because of its extra menu. 

That does seem to be the case for most people but for me it was (Michiru - Satsuki - Aomi - Mifuyu and Chisato last) I played all of them and got some enjoyment out of Chisato's aswell more so than i thought i would and i disliked her a bit less because of it but despite of that she's still my least favorite one and at times she can be so aggravating.

10 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

That does seem to be the case for most people but for me it was (Michiru - Satsuki - Aomi - Mifuyu and Chisato last) I played all of them and got some enjoyment out of Chisato's aswell more so than i thought i would and i disliked her a bit less because of it but despite of that she's still my least favorite one and at times she can be so aggravating.

Yeah, she can be too annoying that I hope there's an option to scold her for being too selfish. I think the election campaign would go well even without her help.

44 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Yeah, she can be too annoying that I hope there's an option to scold her for being too selfish. I think the election campaign would go well even without her help.

Same here, i feel that the plot tries to give her more importance than she already has and it results in her coming out as obnoxious and downright annoying...

Spoiler

She has really great points sometimes (like in Michiru's route) that's where i think she came through with feeling and care but then there's times (Satsuki's route) where she just comes out as possesive and annoying...and not to mention Mifuyu's route...it had such potential buyt they over victimized her too much at time which played against the route itself...but the drama is a bit heavier on that one because of the Best friends thing

I don't mind if you spoil this, but does the protag actually get in a relationship with any of these girls? Or is it just in the epilogue or something? Mainly the forced route girl, since it sounds like she would have the most problems as far as getting into a legitimate relationship goes.

22 minutes ago, Mugi said:

I don't mind if you spoil this, but does the protag actually get in a relationship with any of these girls? Or is it just in the epilogue or something? Mainly the forced route girl, since it sounds like she would have the most problems as far as getting into a legitimate relationship goes.

Yes, the protagonist will eventually go out with them, somewhere along the route.

23 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

1. play koichoco

2. ignore chisato's route (skip button yo)

3. play satsuki's route

4. ???

5. Profit? 

I like how you think xD but i'd say play Michiru's, Satsuki's and Aomi's, i you want you may play Mifuyu's aswell but be warned it contains some Chisato on the side aswell xD

16 hours ago, gijimu said:

I would recommend it to whoever asks for moege. Personally, I don't find myself disliking Chisato's route, though. Maybe the drama is a bit forced and cliched, but it is quite enjoyable in some routes plus love triangle drama in each of them. 

Something special about the extras menu? 

1 hour ago, Mugi said:

Is there anything I can do about these black borders while in fullscreen? Also, I can't tab out while in fullscreen for some reason. I thought this game would be new enough to not have those sorts of problems. 

Yeah it's annoying.. that black border is stay there and i can't tab while fullscreen.. must deal with it.

Would recommend Isara and Satsuki route, must clear all route to unlock extra so eventually you will read it all.