Visual Novel Kinks, Tropes, Cliches, Stereotypes, and Common Logic Flaws you secretly love seeing

Valmore

28 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

That's... pretty accurate. Most of green haired characters I've seen, were maids.

Well it's intended if you actually know color psychology. Artists don't just color an anime character's hair for nothing. They want to convey a character though it. 

Green means nurturing and taking care of others, a trait that maids are known for. 

Same thing with most pink haired heroines' mannerisms in VNs. Pink means outgoing, affectionate, intimate, and kind. I can name maybe 30+ pink haired heroines right on top of my head who have all these traits. 

17 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Nobody mentioned heterochromia yet? I guess it's not that common, but I'm pretty sure it's still way more common in VNs than it is in real life.

Agreed. In fact, I love it so much, I'll take heterochromia everything from head to toe just like Alexander the Great from Eiyuu Senki:

4758-636776835.jpg

50 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Well it's intended if you actually know color psychology. Artists don't just color an anime character's hair for nothing. They want to convey a character though it. 

Green means nurturing and taking care of others, a trait that maids are known for. 

Same thing with most pink haired heroines' mannerisms in VNs. Pink means outgoing, affectionate, intimate, and kind. I can name maybe 30+ pink haired heroines right on top of my head who have all these traits. 

Know any article about that?

4 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Maturely acting little girls, with a cynical touch.

Spoiler

d2bvsdd2016-01-2002-0ghkly.png

Same. Doesn't really need to be cynical but a Loli that acts very mature or sarcastic. Something about the contradiction appeals to me. 

That and it's a Loli. Who can say no to that?

You know this cliche'd girls who are young or even loli but are actually very intelligent? I have a weak spot for sharp-minded characters with a cute side. If they turn out to be only part human and 100+ years old that's actually a plus.

8 hours ago, Ike said:

You know this cliche'd girls who are young or even loli but are actually very intelligent? I have a weak spot for sharp-minded characters with a cute side. If they turn out to be only part human and 100+ years old that's actually a plus.

Kids or are very good or very sharp (none of the stupid, kid stuff) are awesome. There's nothing like complementing angelicness or wit/intelligence with varying amounts of childishness.

While I'm still new to reading VN's in general, my favourite thing (which I'm sure a lot of people who have been reading for longer are probably fed up with) is the high school slice of life setting. I just like seeing them do stuff I used to do or things I never did, and if there happens to be a H-scene, I see it as a small reward for reading.

But I prefer the accidental walk in on someone changing or something nudity, it always makes me laugh. In fact if anyone can recommend any high school VN's like that, I'd appreciate it! ^_^

37 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

While I'm still new to reading VN's in general, my favourite thing (which I'm sure a lot of people who have been reading for longer are probably fed up with) is the high school slice of life setting. I just like seeing them do stuff I used to do or things I never did, and if there happens to be a H-scene, I see it as a small reward for reading.

But I prefer the accidental walk in on someone changing or something nudity, it always makes me laugh. In fact if anyone can recommend any high school VN's like that, I'd appreciate it! ^_^

Shuffle! https://vndb.org/v28

Primula route. Fits perfectly and its a pretty good read. :sachi: 

38 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Airhead heroines who can get very serious and stubborn sometimes has its charm too, more so if the heroine is a loli. It makes them very adorable and motivates me to protect them. :yumiko:

Those are the persons I wanna mash their heads at the walls the most. Airhead stubborness is the worst. :D

1 hour ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Yeah I know how you feel, I loved it a lot too when I first started out, also because it gave me some sort of nostalgia feeling.

But you just get tired of it really really fast 

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Shuffle! https://vndb.org/v28

Primula route. Fits perfectly and its a pretty good read. :sachi: 

Thank you! I'll definitely add this one on my list. ^_^

1 hour ago, Kawasumi said:

Yeah I know how you feel, I loved it a lot too when I first started out, also because it gave me some sort of nostalgia feeling.

That's exactly what I figured, ahahaha! When that time comes for me, maybe I'll binge on more Euphoria type VN's. :lol:

2 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

Yeah its hard not to, seeing as every ...VN ... Ever... is like that :vinty:

Well, not really. But let´s face it, a LOT of the most popular VNs are in this setting in some way. I still like it, but I lost my pure love for it 10 VNs ago :P