Visual Novel Kinks, Tropes, Cliches, Stereotypes, and Common Logic Flaws you secretly love seeing

Valmore

For a moment I thought this thread was a repost lol.

I would say I like childhood friends as well. As much as it can be done poorly, I always have a thing for long lasting crushes and childhood friends tend to fill this gap pretty nicely. This is also why I liked Asuho from Hoshimemo more than the rest of the characters, even though the drama in her route was absolute garbage.
I do hate when the childhood friend is quickly surpassed by some random new character though.

Clumsy/Childish characters. I know a lot of people hate characters like Chinami, but I just can't seem to get enough of these helpless things, although I admit it can reach a breaking point, but so far I've always had good luck with these characters. I do despise when a story flips these personalities upside down during their routes though.

Imouto-type characters. Yeah I'm a huge 2D siscon and will likely always check out a game where one of the heroines is the protag's sister, even if the rest of the game is trash. Fuck me right?

4 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

COODERES

I love that "mysterious" girl that isnt hostile towards you but is more like "meh" to you, she also most likely fights supernatural stuff at night.

Completely forgot about that one. A good example of why I love that trope is Mai from Kanon. Loved her character and route.

44 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

COODERES

I love that "mysterious" girl that isnt hostile towards you but is more like "meh" to you, she also most likely fights supernatural stuff at night.

24 minutes ago, Palas said:

Dangerous, psychotic cuties. It will never be a huge enough cliché. Yandere are cool but batshit insane from the get go is always better. Ilya has the most special place in my heart.

My boys. <3

The 'Ore Tsuee!' Protagonist (the all-powerful chuunige/anime protagonist)

The hedge philosopher protagonist.

Games starting with a blood-soaked heroine standing in a field.

The trap protagonist who is cuter than the heroines.

Manzai conversational comedy (Tsukkomi-boke)

Tsunderes, though that's not really a secret

I have realized though that I also tend to be extremely fond of generic nice girl types, as bland and boring as they can be. They're just idk... pleasant? I guess? Danganronpa's Sayaka, HyperdimensionNot-A-VN Nepgear, euphoria's Kanae, and my toppity top must-mention-at-least-once-a-week Ar Nosurge's Ionasal.

Though it must be noted that all of those listed can do some pretty non-nice girl things in their respective stories, so maybe that's why I like them. Hm.

3 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Clumsy/Childish characters. I know a lot of people hate characters like Chinami, but I just can't seem to get enough of these helpless things, although I admit it can reach a breaking point, but so far I've always had good luck with these characters. I do despise when a story flips these personalities upside down during their routes though.

Agree...to some point. Clumsy/childish characters can be great but they must by shy. Chinami was pure opposite of shyness, obnoxious and loud, so thats a big no-no for me. But cute, shy not loli heroines? Luv'em all.

Other cliche... strange/cold~deres. Don't know the proper word. :P But those girls who are cold, speaking with little amount of words, and acting a little strange. Basically Rei Ayanami. Best thing ever. 

Psychological stuffs

- Really don't know how to explain why I like this but I just like it

Waifu material girls

- Who doesn't like their waifu :makina:

Bloody bad ends

- ......:sachi:

Traps

- Cutie and pretty (Sometimes can be made into waifu material)

Yuri

- Pretty much the same reason as Traps

Incest

- Ayyy, what's more better than having the forbidden relationship with your cute imouto