How do I explain Deadpool to my mother?

Zodai

9 hours ago, Zodai said:

I'm sorry, mobile broke my posting screen ;-;

Yes Shiko, except she doesn't know what the fourth wall is and I need to convey it in a way that clarifies the 18+ but also gives the narrative context that makes it enjoyable.

Fourth wall is when the character acts like he's aware of being part of the movie and then suddenly talks to the audience. It's rather entertaining when executed properly. I loved watching Drake and Josh when I was a teenager because of their fourth wall breaking antics. The 18+ material is him saying foul language all the time. lol

Don't sugercoat it, Deadpool makes crude jokes all the time which will make him sound like a pretty big douchebag, but that's exactly why he's fun, he doesn't follow the typical models for heroes and that's why he's such a refreshing character to watch.

Explain to your mom he's an anti-hero trope, he doesn't follow the heroic stereotypes and doesn't play it super cool when he's fighting the bad guys.

The movie is not rated 18+ (which implies explicit sexual content), it's Rated R which is basically like the "M for Mature" in video games, and it means you need to be 17 or older to go in. This rating comes from all foul language and think some nudity as well. Tell your mom that basically any show that ends up turning sex and sexuality into a running gag usually gets the R rating.