Phantasy Star Universe

Vargas

Phantasy_Star_Universe_box_US.jpg

I have been a huge fan of SEGA games to this day as well as the Phantasy Star games. When PSU was created it opened and brought me into loving MMO's and the genre of RPG. This game particular I don't know why but It made me into an addict of this type of genre that I love the game to this day. The style of the game and all the massive content after the expansion released was so nice to see every year. I used to play on the pc servers mon the game release date & then started on the Xbox360 server after I met my wife. Sadly the servers on Pc and consoles ended on 9/7/2012 and was very sad to see happen. Recently last year I found out someone was reviving the game and planning on making the server go live after awhile, And it still works on some level since its still in the Beta phase. The game does work but alot more is being scripted and gets updated almost every month, so If anyone is interested I will post the link below.

Phantasy Star Universe Project :  http://psu-clementine.net/index.php

My Twitch Stream's For Server:  http://www.twitch.tv/vargas360

Edited by Vargas
Added Twitch Livestream For "Clementine" Server

29 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I remember playing the console version, then dropping it because the single-player campaign didn't let you choose the appearance of your character...

Story of PSU was rather meh anyway, you didn't miss anything. 

I played PSU the final 6 months on the Xbox 360 severs before they were shut down, I made  a few friends, but unfortunately, I haven't really spoken to those PSU friends in a while now, after we got separated after the servers shut down. I tried the Clementine servers the night they were launched to the public, but haven't kept up with the progress since last I tried (about 7-8 months ago) they barely had damage working in game, all your hits did the same damage count. 

Nowadays, I play PSO2 every single day, since I was such a fan of PSU. 

I played the original PSO back when it first came out...  It was hard, because I had no idea of how to play an online game and I was on the Dreamcast playing a game that was meant for the PC.  Also, the idea of getting in a party with other people didn't even occur to me.  I went straight in on my own and killed bosses that were supposed to be tackled by parties... but only after I'd worked my ass off getting my level up enough to let me survive.  In the end, I dropped it because it was too much work for no real story.

I played this game on PS2 since launch for about 2 years. I was a female Newman and leveled Fortecher to level 20. Hunting that Kazarod was one of the biggest grinds I ever did, though they made the game so much easier on drops for the 11-12 star weapons later on down the road. The music is very nice and the level cap was around 150 when I stopped playing and the servers shut down. The expansion added a lot, and overall it was a fun experience and I made a lot of interesting friends.

Interestingly enough, this game was the first game I used the name Ren. She was a tiny Beast race character who used twin sabers.

4 minutes ago, OriginalRen said:

I played this game on PS2 since launch for about 2 years. I was a female Newman and leveled Fortecher to level 20. Hunting that Kazarod was one of the biggest grinds I ever did, though they made the game so much easier on drops for the 11-12 star weapons later on down the road. The music is very nice and the level cap was around 150 when I stopped playing and the servers shut down. The expansion added a lot, and overall it was a fun experience and I made a lot of interesting friends.

Interestingly enough, this game was the first game I used the name Ren. She was a tiny Beast race character who used twin sabers.

Ahh yea I had a few friends that played from the ps2 console, I played from the lvl cap when it was around 20 at release, way before the AOTI expansion. Then It was around lvl 50 and after all the events and Max attack they boosted us to 120 then to 180 before the servers got shutdown. My in game names were "Boltz" & "Omaru" btw. I did enjoy those events, especially using the new SUV's and doing G.A.S. missions with my wife I met on the game.

http://www.psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108

Also an offline mod that has been in the works for about 3-4 years now (quite active still, they just released a mission pack with 3 missions a few weeks ago). I actually played PSU for around 6 years, all the way up to and including the very last day. I played mostly JP after 360/PC NA servers got the shaft on content patches. This mod hopes to bring all JP content and new features to the offline game. If you guys didn't know this is the same forum that the first PSU private server attempt started on (EGS) many years ago, if anyone remembers that project.

I redownloaded to see the updates, and I'm still not really interested in the game in its current state, namely the inability to fight bosses. It's nice to be able to choose a class, gear up, and fight things while leveling up, but the lack of bosses is a real turnoff.

• 7 years later...