How many VN's have you played?

Forgetful Frank

Hi everyone!

So being new to VN's, I (regrettably) haven't actually finished a VN 100% with all routes yet, but I've almost done it with If My Heart Had Wings (IMHHW) with the FTL Restoration Patch. This one's going to be the first VN I've fully completed. The first VN I ever read was Katawa Shoujo, but this was many years ago and I only completed Hanako's route because I was too satisfied with her to play it again for a while. I do plan to finish all the other routes for that one too though at some point in the future. ^_^

But for now I've got my eyes on The Fruit of Grisaia after I complete IMHHW. So technically even though I haven't completed any of them yet, I have actually played a total of two VN's to this date. I'm very curious to see how many VN's people have played who have been reading for years! (If you can be bothered to try and count and remember them all, aha!)

If my heart had wings has a faster than light restoration patch?! 0_0

must get now!

in all seriousness, probably hundreds. i read stuff thats untranslated as well so that bumps up the numbers quite a bit. i try to finish what i have at the moment as fast as possible while still trying to enjoy it, but then i find another vn that looks interesting or go back to a previous one i havent finished. ive been doing that a lot lately.

How many VNs that I have played? Hmmmm.....Good question.

Actually, loads of them but didn't actually finish them. With school getting in the way and curfew and all that, it would be a little hard for me to finish all my VNs. But what I have finished so far is:

Saya no Uta - Atmosphere is......Well, just expect some unpleasant stuffs.

Cross Channel - The ending though.

School Days HQ - Only 1 route so far, plan to finish all the routes.

Planetarian - Short and worth playing 6 hours.

Sengoku Rance - Fun gameplay but high amount of ero.

Monster Girl Quest - A lot more higher amount of ero but the story is great.

Corpse Party Book of Shadows - Great game, really. Who doesn't know about this game?

Wanko to Kurasou - Moege, not much story. :c

I think it's actually better if people look up at one Fuwan's VNDB page. Rather than spamming all of their finished VNs here :holo:. (Not that I have one)

26 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

(If you can be bothered to try and count and remember them all, aha!)

Yeah, and I'm suprised you remembered yours too, Forgetful Frank.

actually i´ve no idea how many thats been since i´ve started in´98, but possibly way over +750 excluding nukige, from those i must have read by now at least the tripple amount of the former ones. should be noted that i do read many doujinshis, means lots and lots of partly pretty short titles.
regrettably most of it lies now in the past, to be more precise when i did spend 3years on a cruiser and had absolutely nothing else to do with my life than work & read. + follow-up phase of excessive neetism in hokkaido...not that its now completely different though, with me avoiding the outside world as much as possible, serious issues regarding interpersonal relationships, btw a non existant social life. 

edit. first one i came to read has been doukyuusei2, last one was liberation maiden sin.

14, or 16, depending on if you count the two translated episodes of World End Economica as 0 or 2 VNs.

It's fewer than I expected, to be honest. I've been reading VNs for about 1.5 years now, but there are a few reasons I haven't read more:

- I have a full-time job

- I have a tendency to read long VNs

- I (intentionally) read rather slowly

- I listen to voice acting (vastly slows down the pace... but I enjoy it quite a lot, usually, and it's surprising how much spoken Japanese you can learn this way)

- Rarely, I've been known to spend my spare time doing something other than reading a VN.

I've been reading for around a year and a half and so far: 
Japanese translated vns around 60 100% completed (only vns I give some kind of score)
Japanese unstranslated vns around 10 or so 100% completed
OELVN 30-40 (I don't give them any score because... I don't know, I just don't :P I do have some exceptions to this rule like Katawa shoujo)
Unfinished japanese vns: 10-15 so far

so in total maybe 100 or so (?)

32 says my VNDB.

I started reading VNs seriously a little under a year ago after saya no uta literally changed my world in regards to how I view humanity (not really, just made me even more misanthropic lol). And holy shit, I was still watching some anime as a casual for the last couple of years, but after I discovered vns I also rediscovered my inner super weeb (not sure if good or bad :sachi: )

im reading my first JP novel and cartagra ATM as you can see under my signature :)

According to my VNDB:
29 VN's Finished, 15 of which are full-length titles in Japanese, 10 of which of I played in English back in 2011.
34 VN's Stalled
17 VN's Dropped
Total: ~80 VN's Tried.

About 100 other titles which I am decently interested in, and about another 100 mildly so.

So ATM, I've only finished about 1/4 of the VNs I've tried recently, dropping a 1/4 and not finishing the other 1/2 for now. I wonder if other people's reading tendencies are similiar.

So far, I have played 19 visual novels according to my VNDB. I could add 3 more there if I'm counting the ones I didn't finish. The fact that I have no time because of school and that I tend to read twice a week at best is preventing me from reading more. Plus, for the past few days, I've been trying to get the hooking tools working properly and they only started working great today so now I have more reading options.

If you count replays, my actual numbers are somewhere around 615...

Edit: I actually played fewer VNs total this year than I did last year, at least partly because of time constraints (school, work, etc) and partially because 2015 was just a bad year for VNs overall...

... Clephas and CeruleanGamer, teach me the ways of the visual novel please :michiru: Wait, actually I'm kind of terrefied Clephas might eat me and put me in one of his stomachs, so CeruleanGamer, onegaishimasu!

Well, seriously though, for me its like ... ugh, 30? 40? I dont update my VNDB enough, so I have a lot of shorter titles I have finished that aren't on there, especially SonoHana titles and nukige.

But for longer, bigger VNs its probably close to like 15-20 ish :P I'll just blame school and pretend it has nothing to do with my lazy reading pace. :makina:

9 hours ago, ヤミハナ said:

Yeah, and I'm suprised you remembered yours too, Forgetful Frank.

Ahahaha! Trust you to comment on my forgetfulness, Hana! I was wondering if someone would. ^_^

See? I remembered your name! I practised it every morning just like you suggested. :P

And thank you everyone who replied! Wow, some of you have played so many! :o

6 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

And thank you everyone who replied! Wow, some of you have played so many! :o

Shh, don't tell anyone, but they all did it for the post count :makina:

Especially all of them under 500 post count.

*Looks at his own post count*

:yumiko: I'm an exception

Spoiler

:Kappa::Kappa::Kappa: