A Detailed (Literally) Explanation - Doma Umaru is Trash

OriginalRen

25JgYGw.png

Finally, after countless hours of research (quite literally 5 minutes) I have discovered the lies that are Himouto! Umaru-chan. People assume that Umaru is a bright and intelligent student who is the best in her class by scoring perfect scores on all her tests, but what you don't know is the truth. What is that you may ask? I'm glad you asked.

First, we must look at the facts surrounding Umaru, beginning with the images linked below.

Spoiler

CTd0uJD.jpg

As many of you who have watched the show are aware, Tachibana Sylphynford is always second rate when it comes to comparing grades with Umaru. As you can clearly see written on her test, she often times scores 99/100. Being literally the second best in the school, she can never quite beat Umaru and her perfect 100s. But is that really true?

Spoiler

gNsRrm4.jpg

During a scene in one of the episodes, Taihei Doma (Umaru's loving onii-chan) is seen giving up on life when checking out her perfect 100s on all of her tests she recently took. Take at look at the image above and let's break it down, shall we?

Spoiler

zDEieHl.png

wXOnx8C.png

As shown in the first image, we can clearly see this is a test involving "English expression." Ignoring the fact that the proper word here should be "expressions" (which we can't blame Umaru for since she didn't create the test), let's check out her perfect score!

Looking at the second image, we see some examples of these so-called English expressions. It's pretty easy to make these out, so let's list them below.

1. He isn't in the living room now.

2. We didn't have a school festival last weekend.

3. They were at the school then.

4. I don't play tennis. -> This is a lie by the way. She played tennis in an episode.

5. Mary doesn't speak Japanese.

So far so good right? These are perfectly acceptable sentences.

Spoiler

Ocnb7wb.png

Looking at the next section, we can see some more expressions. My guess is that this section of the test involved choosing the correct interrogative pronoun as shown by the red circles. However if that's the case, why did the teacher find it necessary to write the entire sentence out instead of simply writing out the question word?

Taking at look at the two examples, we see that these questions are perfectly acceptable.

1. Who returned from Paris last week?

3. Where is that umbrella?

Spoiler

8hJ3I0y.png

Now let's take a look at the next example:

2. What is Fred bought yesterday?

Wait a minute...this isn't a sentence! Umaru should have used the correct auxiliary verb "do" in its past form, thus changing the copulative verb "is" to "did." We know it needs to be "did" because the word "yesterday" indicates a past sentence. In addition, you can't use a past form for the dependent verb "bought" and must use the base form (present tense) instead. The correct sentence should be the following:

2. What did Fred buy yesterday?

Mistake made!

Spoiler

gPdhbyl.png

But wait there's more! We can clearly see that Umaru wrote the following sentences in these next examples:

3. Where is that umbrella?

4. Where went to bed early?

You may argue that the fourth sentence might be the word "who" instead of "where" (thus making it perfectly correct), but take a closer look. Notice how the strokes of Umaru's writing perfectly match the word "where" in questions both examples? Another mistake? I say yes!

Spoiler

G2UOiXk.png

But the fun doesn't end there! The final nail in the coffin? The word "cheaps" doesn't even exist in English, and therefore is not a word to begin with!

Game over Umaru.

So in conclusion, Umaru seems to have made a few mistakes, thus dropping her score to a mere 97/100. A wonderful grade of course, but remember our first image? Tachibana scored a 99/100, therefore proving my point and making TSF the following:

Spoiler

51LC224.jpg

I rest my case Fuwanovel.