Grisaia No Kijatsu - 3 days after Amanes good ending

EroEro21

ye, it's always.. fun... to get that empty / downer feeling after finishing something that really resonated with you

Just set aside some time to properly cry your eyes out, write a buncha essays and raid the internet about everything you loved and hated about it, read all of the spoilers on TV Tropes, eventually you'll get over it and be ready to move onto the next VN ;)

3 days after Amanes good ending...

I thought the first sentence in this thread would be "And the epilogue is still not done, when does it end?!" :makina:

Jokes aside, but not really, I didn't really feel a connection between Amane's route and my tear canals like a lot of people do. The Epilogue of the good ending just went on for far too long and somehow bumped me a little out of my "wow, that was a great story"-mood. 

I know how you feel; -;
Now that you have two end I did not know .... I finished only one, the only route I finished two was the makina, because it looked like a bad end, there after finishing all I uninstalled (because I wanted new games and grisaia weighs 6 gb) if he knew he had another end I would; -; good now it's too late, I'm just looking forward now for the translation of the sequel "Rakuen" if you happen to have any because I do not know.

5 hours ago, Decay said:

The next two girsaia VNs are linear stories and don't have full amane routes (I think there's some side stories involving her, though).

There is an after story in Meiykuu and a prolouge story of sorts in Rakuen.

The Meiykuu route is short of course, but it is a continuation of her route and its quite emotional as well.

Small spoiler

Spoiler

That, S&M H-Scene. Jeez Amane ... :pyaa:

I dont really of Amanes route is the tru one or the best one or that I need to play the bad ending aswell XD

I just wanted to play one route ( the one I liked)  and going to the ending based on my choices doesnt matter if that was the good or bad one

Sorry my bad english :P 

2 hours ago, gijimu said:

It reminded me when I tried to finish Amane's route without walkthrough. Accidently got into her bad ending, I felt like having a nightmare of it for three nights straight. The same goes with Sachi's bad ending. 

Sachi's bad ending is just evil. :pyaa: 

I did this with makina's bad end. Wasn't very fun that either :P 

8 minutes ago, Palas said:

Well how's that for structural netorare

ikr. Even vanilla hurts when you think about it. Nothing can truly please me anymore. :wahaha: 

31 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Sachi's is the most realistic because people actually die from that, every single day.

40 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Makina's bad end was also a shock for me. The trauma was real, and I wondered what's the content of that 'plastic wrapping'.

Michiru's bad end, although not as shocking,

Spoiler

it made me feel guilty for crushing someone's mentality. 

Of all bad ends in Grisaia, maybe only Yumiko's bad end that doesn't really have shocking, life-changing consequence.

Spoiler

Although it looks bad that Yuuji have to work himself to bone to sustain his family.

15 hours ago, Decay said:

And I disagree with that. See my earlier post in this thread. I guess I never get invested enough in the characters to feel like I'm losing anything when I move on to a route, even a true route. I still experienced those stories, and nothing about how I felt towards them at the time will change by reading a true route.

15 hours ago, Decay said:

Spoilers: None of it actually happened and they're all what-if scenarios, even the true routes.

15 hours ago, nohman said:

Sometimes the designation is just a reflection of the most well-thought out and best scenario in a game, other times it the foundation a sequel is built on?
I think what Decay was trying to say was that it's all just stories, something being designated as a true route takes away absolutely nothing of value from another route. It's a mostly arbitrary designation from the perspective of solely enjoying a work for the contents of what it is.

Aren't you overlooking that usually the true story is canon? You may enjoy other stories, what if scenarios or even fanfiction. But if it is not canon, it is much harder to use it as a proof in discussions. And in my opinion, thinking about it and discussing with others is often a part of an overall experience of some story. I agree that emotions you feel may not change but the idea that what you read or experienced is not canon may change some things. Also, the canon stories are more likely to get sequels or other content.

Of course, most of the time you could say that all the stories are canon and that they happened in different universes. The true end would simply mean the canon story of the universe creator focused on.

What is your opinion? What is your view on the importance of what is canon?

32 minutes ago, visualnovelfan said:

Aren't you overlooking that usually the true story is canon? You may enjoy other stories, what if scenarios or even fanfiction. But if it is not canon, it is much harder to use it as a proof in discussions. And in my opinion, thinking about it and discussing with others is often a part of an overall experience of some story. I agree that emotions you feel may not change but the idea that what you read or experienced is not canon may change some things. Also, the canon stories are more likely to get sequels or other content.

Of course, most of the time you could say that all the stories are canon and that they happened in different universes. The true end would simply mean the canon story of the universe creator focused on.

Oh god, I remember my hundreds of hours of discussion in the Fire Emblem boards in gamefaqs about stuff being "canon". I knew I was forgetting that word, thanks for the reminder! lol

Yeah the "canon" status is definitely hard to ignore. Most people value its importance when you slap that word around along with "true". Sure, it's not meant to make everything black and white but things can get heated up if you are arguing which heroine is the ideal one for the protagonist and then pit those heroines against the so called "true heroine".

With Fire Emblem Awakening as an example, the game was really pushing for Sumia to be Chrom's wife with her appearance in the opening movie with a child beside Chrom and her glitchy appearances (definitely intended by the developers) during some of Chrom's cutscenes with other girls if you decide to marry them. Not to mention even though Sumia isn't exactly as popular as Olivia to be Chrom's wife in the game, that "canon" and "true" heroine tag beside her and Sumia being one of Chrom's Pegasus Knights just makes her far more important than Olivia.

I like how despite Majikoi handled it though. Despite pushing for the Yamato x Momoyo pairing with the title itself (Yamato says "Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!" to Momoyo at one point), the game did not declare Momoyo as the true heroine of the game because the true ending isn't about her. 

P.S. "Canon" makes great cameras. My Powershot G7 that's about 8 years old is still working to this day. ^_^ 

canon-powershot-sx170-is_angle_medium.jp

4 hours ago, visualnovelfan said:

Aren't you overlooking that usually the true story is canon?

That kind of goes without saying, doesn't it? The two ('true route' and canon) are somewhat synonymous, at least in my mind.

For me, the importance of how canonical something is only extends as far as how extensive the body of work for a series is. For something like Star Wars, which has a large extended universe, it's a pretty important designation when it comes to discussing things like character and world events. For most VNs - for example Deardrops, which only has a small continuation in story in the form of a fandisc, it's only important so far as discussing the sequel.

For VNs that don't have fandiscs, proper sequels, or adaptations, what's canon is completely worthless.

the day i finished saya no uta... i've made the 2d bad end,then the good end,then the first bad end...wich was the more effective for me... they were the only fictionals chars which had suceed to made me cry  ( with dobby in harry potter ...)

personally,the end of amane's routes doesent made me sad,or that kind of things...i've finded the good end far too soppy, with all this afterlife things, and the "perfectly average family life stuff...

1 hour ago, gunter said:

the day i finished saya no uta... i've made the 2d bad end,then the good end,then the first bad end...wich was the more effective for me... they were the only fictionals chars which had suceed to made me cry  ( with dobby in harry potter ...)

personally,the end of amane's routes doesent made me sad,or that kind of things...i've finded the good end far too soppy, with all this afterlife things, and the "perfectly average family life stuff...

I teared up for the ending because it was a great ending after everything Amane wentry through in her route. Even if it was "too soppy" in your words, I was glad to see an ending like that because Amane deserved to get that kind of ending. Hell, every heroine deserves a great ending for how psychologically damaged they all were.

4 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I teared up for the ending because it was a great ending after everything Amane wentry through in her route. Even if it was "too soppy" in your words, I was glad to see an ending like that because Amane deserved to get that kind of ending. Hell, every heroine deserves a great ending for how psychologically damaged they all were.

And what about the psychological damage this VNs do on me(?) XD 

5 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

That can be fixed by being psychologically damaged by another VN. Sure, it isn't a cure, but at least it's being replaced until your next replay of it.

This can be done over and over again till I die right XD? 

You have to get used to it xD. In my case one novel i played got stuck in my head making me go weird, daydreaming, sad, unfocused to anything. I just thought about it 24/7. It lasted like 1 month. When it was gone i was even more sad because i missed the feeling xD. And now anything that makes me remind the novel or something that concerns anything from the novel makes me go emotional and cry. No way to avoid bro. :)