Grisaia No Kijatsu - 3 days after Amanes good ending

EroEro21

Like Decay said, there are two endings. Both are sad of course, but in different ways. The good end is beautiful, the bad end is heartbreaking and depressing. (But still good.)

I get you, I've had similar experiences with a lot of VNs and animes.

Planetarian's ending made me sit in my chair and just gaze at the sky for an hour after I finished it. (And I totally wasn't crying :pyaa:)

Amane's good ending is probably one of the most satisfying and wonderfull, (and kind of cheesy), route endings in a VN that I've ever read. It really got to me too.

Don't worry though, once you start that new, awesome VN you'll get over it. :sachi:

1 hour ago, Vongalaxy said:

yea I know the feel, I had suicidal thoughts after I finished my first vn. I still have them after so long

Well I couldnt sleep to much that night :( I was ttrying to rewatch it on YouTube ans I was like " close this you retard "

1 hour ago, Decay said:

There are two Amane endings, did you get them both?

Nop, only the good one. I mean I made till there by my own decision and I dont really wanna play any other route or ending. If I would do that would mean something like destroying the real ending. 

37 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Like Decay said, there are two endings. Both are sad of course, but in different ways. The good end is beautiful, the bad end is heartbreaking and depressing. (But still good.)

I get you, I've had similar experiences with a lot of VNs and animes.

Planetarian's ending made me sit in my chair and just gaze at the sky for an hour after I finished it. (And I totally wasn't crying :pyaa:)

Amane's good ending is probably one of the most satisfying and wonderfull, (and kind of cheesy), route endings in a VN that I've ever read. It really got to me too.

Don't worry though, once you start that new, awesome VN you'll get over it. :sachi:

Nop just one ending like I said a bit before. 

But dont wanna get over it ;-; I just wanna start the next Grisaia VN and go for Amanes route once again :3

My next vn is gone be  ( I know I know im gone die)

Just so you know, there's a true end, but it nothing to do with any singular route in Kajitsu, and it's in Rakuen.  There is no "true" route in Kajitsu, and there is no true heroine.  You will ruin the route that you consider to be the "real" ending for yourself by reading Rakuen.  I can explain it to you, but it'll contain some spoilers, obviously.  I'd honestly recommend that you try to read Sachi and Makina's routes, they're not as good as Amane's, but Sachi's is pretty close, IMO, and Makina's has some strange plot holes but is still a really solid route overall.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

There are two Amane endings, did you get them both?

This.  Her bad end reveals a plot point relevant to the Grisaia series as a whole.  If you skip it and go on to read Meikyuu when it's released, it'll (probably) seem like it's coming out of left field.

It's been awhile, but what was so sad about her good ending?

Besides her dying of old age and never truly overcoming her survivor guilt 'till the very end, she ended up living a long life with Yuuji and having grandchildren.  There was layers there, and it wasn't all good sure, but ultimately it seemed very organic and an overall positive thing. My favorite thing about then ending was how final and comprehensive it was, cause other VNs that have happy endings usually leave it at "everything is okay now, we've got each other, and we have a good future ahead of us" and the reader never sees anything beyond that. I was actually quite pleased to know she lived a full life even if everything wasn't roses, and that she ultimately died with a wealth of experiences and (IIRC) finally achieving contentment. 

Some details might be hazy though, as I tend to forget things pretty quickly after I read them.

Spoiler

I think Amane's continuation in the next vn will be pretty uninteresting. At least for me. We know she never got over her problems and i think the continuation will suffer a bit because we know their end and had recaps of their life towards the end. Well, i personally don't like when routes go that length. Somethings are best left to the imagination. The only thing that made this feel like it was supposed to be a good end and not something that was one step above the bad end was that scene at the very end. But since i'm not religious, it doesn't sit too well with me. I think Yuuji dying almost immediately after getting out of his military service was pretty bad. It was half a year or so if i'm not mistaken? They spayed too much shit on top of the good to feel like a good ending by my standards. I disliked how their daughter had no role in the epilogue either. 

25 minutes ago, EroEro21 said:

But dont wanna get over it ;-; I just wanna start the next Grisaia VN and go for Amanes route once again :3

My next vn is gone be  ( I know I know im gone die)

The next two girsaia VNs are linear stories and don't have full amane routes (I think there's some side stories involving her, though).

Also, seriously, it's fiction. There is no "real" ending. That story will always be there and reading the other routes won't destroy it.

I think the greatest disservice a vn creator can do to his fans is creating a long vn with routes such as this with romance and hardships, and suddenly create sequels where it contains the "true" route that continues as he never chose anyone and has no other heroine at it's center. 

I am not a fan of true routes where only 1 heroine is the focus. The true route is best approached when it has no romantic elements or it goes for the harem end. 

Anyway, I thought the ending in Kajitsu for Amane was handled well although I'm not a fan of heaven and afterlife and all that religious nonsense. Nobody knows for a fact that people trascend to another place after death and for all we know it could just be eternal darkness and death. 

I guess the problem is that this story kind of takes a turn and becomes action focused. The first vn only had elements of that. I think true routes with harem/polygamy or no heroine tue routes are the absolute worst. It completely depends on the nature of the vn prior to that point though. But we all have our opinions! 

Just now, CeruleanGamer said:

One thing we do agree on: True endings with one true heroine are bad because it makes pursuing the other girl's routes meaningless.

And I disagree with that. See my earlier post in this thread. I guess I never get invested enough in the characters to feel like I'm losing anything when I move on to a route, even a true route. I still experienced those stories, and nothing about how I felt towards them at the time will change by reading a true route.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

And I disagree with that. See my earlier post in this thread. I guess I never get invested enough in the characters to feel like I'm losing anything when I move on to a route, even a true route. I still experienced those stories, and nothing about how I felt towards them at the time will change by reading a true route.

I feel the opposite. Slapping the word "true" before the word "ending" give me the feeling that this is WHAT really happened and the rest of the routes you I just played...  Those are what-if scenarios, didn't really occur, and sometimes depressing if I really like a certain heroine but some bitch steals the "true" heroine title.

I was pretty much just going to say what Down said in regards to what CeruleanGamer posted.
It's all stories, nothing is really invalidated by having the word of God declare something as a "true route."

Even if the other two games invalidate the heroine endings in GnK, that doesn't take away from what they made me feel while reading them. I found Angelic Howl really special, no less so just because the other games go down other threads.

Just now, CeruleanGamer said:

I feel the opposite. Slapping the word "true" before the word "ending" give me the feeling that this is WHAT really happened and the rest of the routes you I just played...  Those are what-if scenarios, didn't really occur, and sometimes depressing if I really like a certain heroine but some bitch steals the "true" heroine title.

Spoilers: None of it actually happened and they're all what-if scenarios, even the true routes.

2 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Then please explain why it is necessary to have true routes? Is it to make us all happy that there's a real and actual conclusion to the VN then?

Sometimes the designation is just a reflection of the most well-thought out and best scenario in a game, other times it the foundation a sequel is built on?
I think what Decay was trying to say was that it's all just stories, something being designated as a true route takes away absolutely nothing of value from another route. It's a mostly arbitrary designation from the perspective of solely enjoying a work for the contents of what it is.

13 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Then please explain why it is necessary to have true routes? Is it to make us all happy that there's a real and actual conclusion to the VN then?

Hey, you got me. There are times when they kind of do it well building on bits and pieces of the previous routes to tell a multi-route story, but that's actually pretty rare. Well, most of the time there are no true routes at all. I pretty much just treat true routes like any other and that's fine.

12 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Or better yet, why have the other heroine routes at all?

Eh, more content is better?