I'm looking for a VN similar to F/SN

smartie279

Pretty much the first VN i ever read was Fate/Stay night, and i've been in love with the series every since, i've played every game, watched every anime adaptation, even branched out into things like Tsukihime, but after that, things got pretty dry.

After i finished the last route in FSN , I had a hole i needed to fill. I then proceeded to read Tsukihime, and i liked enjoyed it because it had a similar atmosphere to fate,. Then i read Majikoi, and although i never finished it 100%, i got pretty close and then my save got deleted and i decided to move on, Then i read Grisaia no Kajistu and i also liked that.. But none of them had the same feel that fate had.

I've been looking around and i found one called Dies Irae that looked pretty hype, and i was super exited to get into it, and i come to see that it isnt translated to english, and ican't read any japanese. Im banking on the wave coming off of the anime adaptation coming in 2017 to bring people in to translate it, but until then, or if it ever happens, im back where i started.

So do you guys have any recommendations. I'm looking for something that has a darker story, that isnt really afraid to kill people off, but at the same time, i dont want it so dark that i kills EVERYONE off, i'd like it to tread a rope between the two, so as i'm always on the edge.

Well, there's Comyu, it's got tons of action and tons of monologues, and it is a nice game. The only other action VN I've played (that has no gameplay) is probably Ayakashibito, I didn't like it as much but it is a well-liked game the action is great, but as far as I'm concerned the game is just about that, action.

And for a blind recommendation is Eiyuu Senki (it has gameplay, and I heard it is buggy, though), haven't played it, but I think it is also about gender-bent historical figures fighting other gender-bent historical figures.

Also, if you haven't read the type-moon light novels, there's that.

• 2 weeks later...