Hi, I'm Forgetful Frank!

Forgetful Frank

Hi, I'm Forgetful Frank!

Wait... Didn't I just say that in the title? :huh: Oops! I forgot ^_^

Aha, as you can probably tell by my name, I can be quite a forgetful person... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I stumbled across this section in the forums and thought I'd like to try and introduce myself. I'm currently as of 12th of January 2016, twenty-three years old. I don't have a job at the moment due to suffering from severe Social Anxiety Disorder that caused an intense panic attack while working in the middle of last year which lead me to shut myself in my house for almost five entire months until finally seeking professional help earlier at the end of November. I'm currently working with professionals to get myself in a better more stable mental state enough to get back into work, but in the mean time I've had a lot of free time on my hands... Which lead me to start reading visual novels after purchasing a couple during the last Steam Christmas Sales.

I was disappointed at first after learning content was cut from some of these VN's due to them having adult content. This bugged me because even though personally I'm not that bothered if there's adult content or not in a VN, the fact that they were cut and I was missing some key story moments bugged me. I then found out about fan-translation patches and restorations, which I tried out and I thoroughly enjoyed all the VN's I've read so far.

In fact I was so happy with them that it actually inspired me to want to volunteer some of my free time to a similar project to help create one. This lead me to find the Witch's Garden Translation Project, which I have since applied for and even created a /r/visualnovel post in an attempt to help them get some much needed TLC applications in as they currently don't have any unfortunately.

I applied for the position of a QC because I may not be able to understand any Japanese (although I wish to learn at some point in the future) I can at least help ensure that the writing has the proper grammar and spellings as I am confident in my English. When I was thinking about wanting to volunteer for a fan-translation project, that's exactly what I wanted to do for a project. I hope I do get the position of QC for this project, if I don't I won't have any hard feelings or anything, I'll just look out for another project I could offer my services to and keep an eye out for Witch's Garden as I am interested in playing it once it's finished. It stood out to me and looked interesting and fun, and that's why I applied for it. I want to help ensure that it has good quality writing that won't pull anyone out of the story when they're reading a sentence that doesn't make much sense or notice a mistake. I also plan to put in the same effort into VN's that include H-scenes, as I've already noticed from playing some fan-translations that the writing quality seemed to drop considerably during the H-scenes compared to the normal scenes, which made reading them more awkward than necessary.

So as you can see, I'm quite motivated to get into a fan-translation project and offer my help in ensuring quality writing across the board, as I'm very confident I can provide that area of expertise since writing is my passion. I've been slowly working on a fantasy book series of my own for many years now.

I have my own wordpress blog that I post fairly regularly about random things like me thoughts and opinions etc. Until towards the end of December this year, I had a small weekly blog series I called the 'Forgetful Thoughts' where I'd post my thoughts on random subjects such as films, TV shows, anime and books etc, but I've since put it on hiatus as I want to focus on other things this year.

I'm very happy to have stumbled across this VN community and I look forward to reading a lot of VN's this year and hopefully help out with one. I am new to all of this so please go easy on me! :D

Anyway, that's my introduction done; sorry that I wrote so much! If you happened to read all of that, I humbly thank you for taking an interest in who I am. I look forward to getting more involved with this community and learning more about the fan-translation VN development process, and of course discover more great VN's to read!

Thanks again! ^_^

Hey Frank, welcome to the forum! It´s nice to meet you :sachi: 

Good luck with everything. Just like kawasumi, I too recognize myself quite a lot in you :P It´s like exactly how I started with VNs actually. 

I´ve been struggling with some social anxiety in the past myself, and I know how hard it can be. Hope you get better, if you got any questions about anything feel free to ask. 

10 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

heh, you remind me of me when I just found out about visual novels for real :P.

Welcome.

Ahahaha! Thank you very much, Kawasumi! :D

8 hours ago, nohman said:

Welcome, I hope to see you around.

Thank you, nohman! :)

I hope to be around, I'm really enjoying myself in this community so far! ^_^

8 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

Welcome to Fuwa!, hope you enjoy your time here :sachi:

Thank you DarkZedge! I'm already really enjoying my time so far in this community! ^_^

5 hours ago, Nashetania said:

Hello and welcome!

...Can I call you FF?

Ahahaha! Hello and thank you, Nashetania!

...I- I love it! Please do call me 'FF'! ^_^

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Hey Frank, welcome to the forum! It´s nice to meet you :sachi: 

Good luck with everything. Just like kawasumi, I too recognize myself quite a lot in you :P It´s like exactly how I started with VNs actually. 

I´ve been struggling with some social anxiety in the past myself, and I know how hard it can be. Hope you get better, if you got any questions about anything feel free to ask. 

Hello and thank you very much, Dergonu! It's very nice to meet you too, thank you for making me feel very welcomed. ^_^

It's always comforting to know of someone who understands the struggles when it comes to anxiety, thank you for your kind words and I'll be sure to ask any questions that come to mind! :)

P.S-- Dergonu, I love your Nekopara signature!^_^

I feel so welcomed by the community of Fuwanovel, thank you everyone; truly, who read my introduction and welcomed me. I really appreciate it! :wub:

2 hours ago, ヤミハナ said:

Hellloooooo Frank, I'm ヤミハナ and I think you're going to forget my name in the next few minutes. Welcome to the community, by the way.

What's your very first VN you've ever played? Wait, I guess you already forgot about that. (It's Katawa Shoujo dammit)

Ahahaha! Thank you very much, ヤ... Err-- ヤミ... I'm sorry! What was your name again? :unsure:

Aha, how do you pronounce your name by the way? I'm very curious! ^_^

You hit the nail on the head there with Katawa Shoujo! That was my very first visual novel I read back in college years ago, and regrettably I only finished Hanako's route because I was just so satisfied with her route that I didn't want to play the others any time soon because of it. I do plan to pick the game back up eventually though and complete the other routes, I recently got a friend to play it as he was interested in starting to read some VN's since I've been reading the one's I've bought on Steam recently. I'll pick KS back up once I've finished reading the new VN's I got last Christmas! ^_^

It really was a beautiful game, that's why I recommended it to my friend, he's saving Hanako for last since I've already done that one and praised it so highly to him, aha!

11 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Ahahaha! Thank you very much, ヤ... Err-- ヤミ... I'm sorry! What was your name again? :unsure:

Aha, how do you pronounce your name by the way? I'm very curious! ^_^

It's Yami Hana. But call me Hana, got it? "Ha - na". Now, repeat it again, and again, and again, and again. Repeat is as a mantra everytime you wake up. Not only the naming sense is good, it clears your throat too.:holo:

That way, you'll remember me easily.

42 minutes ago, ヤミハナ said:

It's Yami Hana. But call me Hana, got it? "Ha - na". Now, repeat it again, and again, and again, and again. Repeat is as a mantra everytime you wake up. Not only the naming sense is good, it clears your throat too.:holo:

That way, you'll remember me easily.

Ahahaha! Thanks for telling me how to pronounce your name, it's lovely. Hana... Ha...Na... Hanahanahanahanahana. Hana! I think I'll remember Hanako-- NA! HA-NA!  :pyaa:

Thank you for the welcoming conversation, Hana! ^_^

On 1/15/2016 at 6:40 AM, Dergonu said:

I'm sorry but I have to do this. Frank, it was a lie. The real name is .... Hanana Banana Tomato. :pyaa:

You knew this was coming Hana!

W7j6Dxb.png

Ahahahahahahahaha! OMG! :wahaha:

Why have I only just noticed this!? Hanana Banana Tomato! I love it! ^_^ (I also need to get involved in these Fuwa-chan chats!)

On 1/18/2016 at 5:52 AM, Flutterz said:

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Your username is Forgetful and yet I'm the one who forgot to make a post ^^"

Have a moe:

Hidden Content

Thank you! :sachi:

I'm sorry for not seeing this sooner, looks like I'm now the one who forgot to reply to your lovely post!  That moe was so cuuute~! ^_^ OMG I want her! Tell me she's from an anime or VN!?

3 minutes ago, luciodragao said:

but but :kosame: dergo-senpai, why are you scolding me? i only said hi

Truth is, I want a cool greeting for people as well and got jealous since you can greet them with quack.

I'm sorry. Take some pyaa's as an apology: :pyaa::pyaa:

Time to work on my awesome greetings!